Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 442481 times)
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:24:54 AM

Do you know the new developer's name?

icanprogram has been filling in.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:30:35 AM

Ty sir.

hercules1600

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:52:31 AM

this coin needs a hardfork and the random block reward must be eliminated.

multipools are mining only the profitable blocks.

This is how it goes, we do not need another fork, we need to get more miners on the coin so that are base hashrate will hold the difficulty higher then the point at which the multipools jump in.

Spread the word and get more dedicated miners.

What incentive to miners have to point rigs to our coin?  I get the feeling that most people believe that the coin is near death.  Value has dropped and developers abandon the community.  Please tell us the incentive for us to do this?  A promise that things are going to be better.  A new website, and new btctalk leader, and a new sub reddit.  Who is leading marketing?  If someone is leading marketing, what is the plan?  How are these resources going to be utilized?  People don't want to hope that Bitcoin is going to rise due to a piece of trending data.  We want action in the name of our coin.  So I ask again, why should miners dedicate there rigs to our coin?

For a few reasons.

1. Active development. - Just because you do not see the work being done doesn't mean it isn't. For example the multi-user wallet, the payment processing system, the coin mixer.

2. The payment processor itself is something different. It allows people to put a price in TIPS. This is exactly what a cryptocurrency needs to sustain a real value instead of an exchange value.

2. Saying most people think the coin is near death is very narrow minded. Yes there are people that think that but there is a large amount of people still actively mining and purchasing the coin.

3. I will give you marketing because at the time it is almost non existant. BUT, there is nothing stopping other people from marketing the coin, it is a community and we all have to do our part to spread the word of TIPS Fedoracoin. Also it took some time for them to find another web developer to ensure the rebrand goes smoothly. These things have been posted by users, myself for one, and spoke about in the IRC.

4. The price drop. Every single coin has done this, and if not in the past week or two then another time in it's lifetime. It is very shortsighted to look at such a drop as a dead coin, especially when their are so many actually dead coins out there. The prices of these cryptocurrencies at times seem extremely arbitrary and that is because there is a ton of manipulation. The greatest coin out there with all the features in the world can suffer extreme variations in price by simple pumps and dumps. Bitcoin, the king of the coins as they say still suffers huge manipulation in terms of price and the market cap is massive.

"What incentive to miners have to point rigs to our coin?"

What incentive did the early Bitcoin and Litecoin miners have to mine the coin and spend money on electricity?
The hope that the technology and ideals behind the crypto-coins would catch on and eventually force a change in the existing monetary system because of the useful nature of the crypto-coin.

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:31:41 AM

This is how it goes, we do not need another fork, we need to get more miners on the coin so that are base hashrate will hold the difficulty higher then the point at which the multipools jump in.

What incentive to miners have to point rigs to our coin?  I get the feeling that most people believe that the coin is near death.  Value has dropped and developers abandon the community.  Please tell us the incentive for us to do this?  A promise that things are going to be better.  A new website, and new btctalk leader, and a new sub reddit.  Who is leading marketing?  If someone is leading marketing, what is the plan?  How are these resources going to be utilized?  People don't want to hope that Bitcoin is going to rise due to a piece of trending data.  We want action in the name of our coin.  So I ask again, why should miners dedicate there rigs to our coin?

For a few reasons.

1. Active development. - Just because you do not see the work being done doesn't mean it isn't. For example the multi-user wallet, the payment processing system, the coin mixer.

2. The payment processor itself is something different. It allows people to put a price in TIPS. This is exactly what a cryptocurrency needs to sustain a real value instead of an exchange value.

2. Saying most people think the coin is near death is very narrow minded. Yes there are people that think that but there is a large amount of people still actively mining and purchasing the coin.

3. I will give you marketing because at the time it is almost non existant. BUT, there is nothing stopping other people from marketing the coin, it is a community and we all have to do our part to spread the word of TIPS Fedoracoin. Also it took some time for them to find another web developer to ensure the rebrand goes smoothly. These things have been posted by users, myself for one, and spoke about in the IRC.

4. The price drop. Every single coin has done this, and if not in the past week or two then another time in it's lifetime. It is very shortsighted to look at such a drop as a dead coin, especially when their are so many actually dead coins out there. The prices of these cryptocurrencies at times seem extremely arbitrary and that is because there is a ton of manipulation. The greatest coin out there with all the features in the world can suffer extreme variations in price by simple pumps and dumps. Bitcoin, the king of the coins as they say still suffers huge manipulation in terms of price and the market cap is massive.

What incentive did the early Bitcoin and Litecoin miners have to mine the coin and spend money on electricity?
The hope that the technology and ideals behind the crypto-coins would catch on and eventually force a change in the existing monetary system because of the useful nature of the crypto-coin.

It's a joy to read that. Finally someone with reason and understanding.

It seems that people have totally exaggerated expectations from a coin they purchase. They somehow expect their money to hundredfold in 2 days.
And when the price drops, they immediately wholeheartedly proclaim: "That coin is dead!"

That indeed is very short sighted.
People said the same about quarkcoin last year in August. "This coin is dead!"
3 Months later it was worth 1000x times more.

Point is, as long as development continues, as long as the community goes on working on the coin, it is never dead.

And tips has some really unique and good features.
I do hope, however, that the rebranding will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks at the latest.
It would give this coin a good boost!
Fargusson

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

For a few reasons.

It's a joy to read that. Finally someone with reason and understanding.

It seems that people have totally exaggerated expectations from a coin they purchase. They somehow expect their money to hundredfold in 2 days.
And when the price drops, they immediately wholeheartedly proclaim: "That coin is dead!"

That indeed is very short sighted.
People said the same about quarkcoin last year in August. "This coin is dead!"
3 Months later it was worth 1000x times more.

Point is, as long as development continues, as long as the community goes on working on the coin, it is never dead.

And tips has some really unique and good features.
I do hope, however, that the rebranding will be finished in the next 2-3 weeks at the latest.
It would give this coin a good boost!

Couldn't say it better.

Let's TiPS the world !
Todorius

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:20:48 AM

On another topic. I've been following the new subreddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/tipscoin/

I have to say it looks great and Fayens is doing a formidable job there.
With this layout and logo, I can see tips becoming hugely more popular than with the bland orange E current reddit design/style.

Is there any info on when this goes online?
stblackbird

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:19:42 PM

For a few reasons.

Add your tips address so I can tip you Cheesy
Well said
Fandekasp

http://www.coinsmanager.com/

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:52:33 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 03:20:33 PM by Fandekasp

Good news, FedoraCoin has just been integrated to CoinsManager, free Open-source Portfolio!

Enjoy Smiley
Contributions & Donations appreciated, donors and contributors will be thanked when we'll introduce the gamification elements

Follow CoinsManager !, free Open source multi-address multi-currency Port-folio
hercules1600

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:23:21 PM

For a few reasons.

Add your tips address so I can tip you Cheesy
Well said

I could never say no to some TIPS

ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW

Thanks Smiley

Fargusson

Activity: 392

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

Good news, FedoraCoin has just been integrated to CoinsManager, free Open-source Portfolio!

Enjoy Smiley
Contributions & Donations appreciated, donors and contributors will be thanked when we'll introduce the gamification elements

That's quite a good job ! I send you some TiPS to help. Not that much, but then again I'm still mining with a lappy  Grin

Good luck
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:15:45 AM

Been getting some free TIPS from QoinPro daily! Very nice that you got on there Smiley
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:08:54 AM

Enjoy Smiley

Looks very interesting but no SSL??!!

Failure is success waiting to happen...
Fayens

Activity: 84

What?

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:44:25 PM

Here is /r/tipscoin a Pre-Final version of the Fedoracoin Subreddit Layout!    
I show you because I would like to have your opinion about the layout...    

Talk about the template here: /r/fedoracoin

Fayens Boxed

• CSS Scrollbar    
• Moderator Icon    
• Personal Flair Link    
• Box (Blue, Orange)    
• Personal Sidebar Icon    
• Working on Flair User (not incorporated)    
• Fedora Look Thumbnail    
• Optimised RES css / not RESnight    
• Organised Top Personnal Icon    
• Added H5 Announcement Top Bar    
• Also working good on smartphone    
• Removed: Rising, Controversial, gilded Button    
• And many other thing about the Layout Wink        

Version of Fayens Boxed 0.9b

TIPS: EL3uQ4dXKyEKPxVkbtFv4AjsZMuhsZY67K • Thanks for the Tip
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:04:44 PM

Here is /r/tipscoin a Pre-Final version of the Fedoracoin Subreddit Layout!    
I show you because I would like to have your opinion about the layout...    

Talk about the template here: /r/fedoracoin

Fayens Boxed

• CSS Scrollbar    
• Moderator Icon    
• Personal Flair Link    
• Box (Blue, Orange)    
• Personal Sidebar Icon    
• Working on Flair User (not incorporated)    
• Fedora Look Thumbnail    
• Optimised RES css / not RESnight    
• Organised Top Personnal Icon    
• Added H5 Announcement Top Bar    
• Also working good on smartphone    
• Removed: Rising, Controversial, gilded Button    
• And many other thing about the Layout Wink        

Version of Fayens Boxed 0.9b
Neat, good job Smiley

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:57:56 PM

Can you make a hard fork and reduce the total amount of coins from 500 billion to 350 billion and change the reward system?
jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:05:59 PM

Can you make a hard fork and reduce the total amount of coins from 500 billion to 350 billion and change the reward system?

I know for a fact the right person to do this won't see your post. repost on http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/new/ and go on the irc channel to talk to icanprogram directly.

Id love to see less coins
hercules1600

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:08:03 PM

There is zero reason to change again. Zero, none, notta. Any reason you can give will be fueled by greed.
Hell why 350 billion why not 220 billion. That way none else can mine and all of us hold all the coins?

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 05:25:20 PM

There is zero reason to change again. Zero, none, notta. Any reason you can give will be fueled by greed.
Hell why 350 billion why not 220 billion. That way none else can mine and all of us hold all the coins?

This. We could as well propose to end mining as of now, logical right?

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:05:26 PM

This. We could as well propose to end mining as of now, logical right?

Multipools out of spite could mine the other version and make the new version obsolete.
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:06:10 PM

Hey all!

We got 10 days to reach our 2000 subscriber goal!

Go go go! Cheesy

http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/1z3ugj/1000_tips_giveaway_to_all_commenters_if_we_reach/
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: