Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you wish to have physical notes, coins for bitcoin?  (Read 1881 times)
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:32:41 PM

I wish there would be coins for bitcoin so that you are so very relief that you are holding your bitcoins if there is. And also it will represent the bitcoin in physical not just a system and a cryptocurrency but also a currency in real life Smiley In the future I hope it will exist.
I do feel your optimism but these thing wont really happen since its not the way on why satoshi do create bitcoin for that purpose. All would be on digital because if it do comes to a point where it would be on physical then i dont see its difference into a common local fiat. Just leave as it should be and about physical notes ,its possible but private keys and 3rd parties should really be trustable but i dont see this would be effective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

burst.money

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:19:46 PM

I wish to have only digital assets besides of physical notes ...if bank and government agencies accept bitcoin as legal in my country I will open a digital bank for bitcoin.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Owen_Smith

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:26:00 PM

I feel like that could make some forms of centralization pop up. If you have all these currency notes, who's making them? Someone's gotta manufacture and make those notes and coins. Also, I think the strong benefits of using bitcoin come from the fact that you have a lot of flexibility and precision in how much money you want to send to someone. If we make some kind of notes for BTC, you lose out on that pretty nice benefit. Genuinely, we as a society are likely going to be moving away from currencies that are physical and move towards the electronics based ones. They're just a lot more fitting when it comes to the future and potential uses for crypto.
This is the most important point that has been brought up in this thread. Who would make paper notes or metal coins for BTC? How would you avoid counterfeits? Why would you even actually want paper currency? Everything is going electronic anyway. I can't remember the last time I used cash. I just use Google Pay on my phone to pay for everything. If that's the case with fiat, then it most definitely must be the case with crypto. Making some transactions with paper BTC would completely defeat the purpose of the blockchain.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:18:49 PM

How it would be when we have a physical bitcoin currency note? Do they already exist? If created, will it impact the market growth and loose it's value in the market?  Any thoughts?

For a Crypto lover like me, I will definitely want to spend Physical Bitcoin currency. I will like to do with Physical Bitcoin Currency all I could do with Physical FIAT currencies. These fantancies being drawn up, some facts should be made know too. Physical bitcoins that can be exchanged like cash have been discussed for years. Physical bitcoins have been often implemented, but there are several challenges. Many physical bitcoin operators active a few years ago have either disappeared or don’t show signs of recent activity. Others are just novelty collectibles that don’t store actual bitcoins. But there are still some interesting options both on the horizon and on the market in the physical bitcoin space.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:24:16 PM

Physical bitcoins are a real killer app for many reasons, first and foremost because they can be exchanged privately and anonymously without leaving any trace whatsoever, just like cash. Of course, this is exactly the reason regulators hate the idea and will do anything to stop physical bitcoins from spreading. Also, designing physical bitcoins with both high security and high usability is difficult.

In an ideal world, simple paper wallets could be used as physical bitcoins. In fact, anyone can make a paper wallet, load it with any amount of BTC, print it out and give it to anyone. The recipient can easily check the balance before accepting the paper wallet and folding it in their physical wallet for further use, just like cash.
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:35:19 PM

That is not feasible, at least not anytime soon.
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are digital currencies, which aims at improving on the current standard financial token system and not imitating it.
It is highly unnecessary to have bitcoin as actual coins and notes.
staineddreserved7

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:00:32 PM

You can find this in the closest circuit but there are no coins or paper money.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:56:02 PM

How it would be when we have a physical bitcoin currency note? Do they already exist? If created, will it impact the market growth and loose it's value in the market?  Any thoughts?
It is better to maintain bitcoin in its digital form than to try to make it physical, besides there is not really any need for that right now, if at some point bitcoin is used by billions of people and we want to make trade easier for those that do not have a computer available all the time, it might make sense but for the time being those that adopt bitcoin are people that have access to computers and smartphones so there is not any need to take that step.
srcnckr

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:12:32 PM

That is not feasible, at least not anytime soon.
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are digital currencies, which aims at improving on the current standard financial token system and not imitating it.
It is highly unnecessary to have bitcoin as actual coins and notes.
With the advantages of anonymity and privacy, I think Bitcoin's geographic location is unnecessary and meaningless. I think that legal research to manage Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market will be more appropriate.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
greylandm

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

You can for sure buy some physical form of the Bitcoins on eBay and use it.
Hulkkkhogg

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:29:44 PM

Nope, that does not really exist mate, and for that you should be pretty sure.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:51:43 PM

I do not need to use the physical coin or notes for bitcoin because if that comes automatically scams and corruption will happen with the help of bitcoin. I suggest to be with the digital currency form itself and it is more convenient to thief and corruption makers buddy.

When we find the stable value of cryptocurrencies that time we may expect the bitcoin to used as coin or noted or even bond papers.
poloollec

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:05:55 PM

Nope, the whole idea is to get digital and stop using the notes or coins.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:42:48 PM

Something we have call it as cassacius which can be considered as the physical for of bitcoin but it cn be used only once I think.But there is no need tp have physical structure to an digital crypto currency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

At a time when FIAT currency is moving away from being physical to digital why
do we want to change a digital currency into something physical other than
collectables and wallets?

Smartphones are widespread so we dont necessarily need computers to use bitcoin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:59:40 PM

Honestly, physical notes for bitcoins is new to me. So I search about it and this is what I saw " Physical bitcoins — yes, they do exist — are not just great collector's items, they also let you store your digital currency on them. Or to be more precise, most of them do. Different types of physical bitcoins exist, just as currencies have coins of different monetary values."

Well, I think it's possible but how can I divide it on some service that I want to use to be? For me, I see as a trophy or something than making virtual currency to be more complicated.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:02:44 AM

No, I never ever wish something like that. How silly to think that a virtual and intangible asset like bitcoin will also have its own paper money or coin Grin. Now, if it happens (though it's impossible), what would be its great difference compare to fiat money? Nothing anymore of course. Btc's or any crypto's uniqueness by means of being virtual yet still have a value makes them special, and I think it would be better if it will remains Smiley.

Anyway, there are still existing tangible coins such as btc, eth, ltc or even doge also but it has no value and only intended to made for memorabilias.
kwarto

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:48:52 AM

As of today, there is no physical representation of bitcoin in the economy. Money that is circulating in the economy is back up with value with the central bank of the nation. Any money circulating should have approval with the goverment to use within the community. Any form of money that is not supported is considered useless. So I think its not yet happen to have physical representation of cryptocurrency.
Douglas_Rhoades

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:26:58 AM

Really? Notes and coins? Then what is the point of the whole "digital currency" thing. One thing is sure; they don't exist at the moment. And I don't really envisage their existence. Because we primarily don't need them. If there are notes and coins, then just like Fiat, there needs to be a central minting unit of some kind. This will ultimately defeat the essence of decentralization. That's my own perspective though.
frostmourne0311

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:57:56 PM

I dont think it's a good idea, because bitcoin can be separated into millions, do any physical coins or notes can express like that?  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: