Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:28:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India is officialy out of Bitcoin for the foreseeable future  (Read 3261 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:08:31 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 12:15:04 AM by GigaCoin

I know people are sick and tired of hearing about India, but it seems India won't be getting into Bitcoin anytime soon:
, since the RBI now says they refuse to regulate bitcoin and won't allow exchanges to operate or obtain license:

http://www.coindesk.com/the-reserve-bank-of-india-regulate-bitcoin/

So we might have to forget about pricing India in 2014 into bitcoin's value

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:18:59 PM

Well that makes 1/3 of the world's pop out for now at least. Whoever is buying $800 btc right now is nuckin futs.
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:49:28 PM

I know people are sick and tired of hearing about India, but it seems India won't be getting into Bitcoin anytime soon:
, since the RBI now says they refuse to regulate bitcoin and won't allow exchanges to operate or obtain license:

http://www.coindesk.com/the-reserve-bank-of-india-regulate-bitcoin/

So we might have to forget about pricing in India in 2014 into bitcoin's value

Anyone with any common sense already did that

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:05:53 AM

anyone thought that India is a big player was just wrong really, why I am not surprised by that ? well the Indian government doesn't really have the infrastructure to regulate Bitcoin, last thing we want at this stage is Bitcoin associated with a terrorist act, than you really know what uncle Sam will think about that.

although I know that the regulation thing is a bit harsh, because people in India mostly need Bitcoin read here  http://www.siliconindia.com/finance/news/50-Percent-of-Indians-Dont-Have-a-Simple-Savings-Bank-Account--nid-149759.html

it doesn't make sense but there is allot of things needs to be figured out, at this point Bitcoin still have a long way to go...
phoenix1

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:11:37 AM

Far from India being out of the game, every wealthy Indian is now examining Bitcoin and considering its utility in their wealth preservation plans.

LOL
The FUD is strong in this one

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:19:39 AM

Far from India being out of the game, every wealthy Indian is now examining Bitcoin and considering its utility in their wealth preservation plans.

LOL
seriously Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_black_money

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:21:43 AM

About India I don't understand the problem.

Let's say I'm an indian and want into bitcoin.
What's stopping me from putting money into an exchange using an overseas money order or paypal or whatever?
What can the Indian government do to stop me?

I can understand that using bitcoin in everyday life won't be possible but as an investment it could be viable.

Just my 2 cents...

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:23:40 AM

What's stopping me from putting money into an exchange using an overseas money order or paypal or whatever?

I can understand that using bitcoin in everyday life won't be possible but as an investment it could be viable.

Just my 2 cents...

Ok let me make it simpler to you.... you are not an Indian and stop pretending being one ahahahahaha, I am just kidding Wink 
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:27:32 AM

Just my 2 cents...

I guess it is the easiest way to discourage average people and limit public interest on this new devil technology. It's called "Prohibitionism" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitionism)
Rich will find a way to use it they really want, the rest will ignore it
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:32:13 AM

India was Never in Bitcoin market, India is just a starter so there is nothing to discuss in Indias topic
There are a Lot of Indian they want to Mine and invest in Bitcoin thats fine they can either invest in Singapore, Japan, Hongkong, China and elsewhere
Bitcoiners no need to worry about investing the time is to worry is for Indian Government
Question is they want to get profit from Bitcoin or they just want to fuck themself?
Shit news of India and Indian Government is going to do Nothing in Bitcoin.
India is officialy out of Bitcoin (Lets Hope Temporal)

phoenix1

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:38:09 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 12:52:02 AM by phoenix1

LOL
seriously Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_black_money

This reminds me of the desperate posts about how much BTC would have appreciated if Gaddafi had converted his Black Money to BTC
If this is what you want BTC to be, price fueled by ill-gotten gains, stolen from the people, good for you ... ride on their backs and wave the flag for them
I thought BTC was about more than that ...
Perhaps I was wrong  Angry

Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:48:16 AM

I see that people here have really hard times to understand that
third world its what  it  is with the reason
Be serious people what you expected endorsement ?
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:50:47 AM

Countries with currency controls will always be hostile to Bitcoin.

If there are 21 million rich people in this world and they all want just 1 Btc each, they won't be able to buy 1 Btc each. Once a "tipping point" is reached, btcs value will more likely than not skyrocket, IMHO.

According to Wikipedia there are around 10 million millionaires in the world.
phoenix1

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:56:02 AM

If there are 21 million rich people in this world and they all want just 1 Btc each, they won't be able to buy 1 Btc each. Once a "tipping point" is reached, btcs value will more likely than not skyrocket, IMHO.

just keep HOPLING

Lloydie

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:00:17 AM

just keep HOPLING

Name me one other payments system where I can transfer funds between borders without the "assistance" of banks.

Once they understand it, rich people will love bitcoins, don't worry about that.
phoenix1

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:06:19 AM

just keep HOPLING

Name me one other payments system where I can transfer funds between borders without the "assistance" of banks.

Once they understand it, rich people will love bitcoins, don't worry about that.

Name me one way of getting fiat into BTC without paying the ferryman his dues ...

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:30:04 AM

just keep HOPLING

Name me one way of getting fiat into BTC without paying the ferryman his dues ...
Localbitcoins.

What's your agenda anyway?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:32:27 AM

just keep HOPLING

purchase btc face-to-face from your neighbor with cash money in one hand and a smartphone in the other.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
phoenix1

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:36:51 AM

just keep HOPLING

purchase btc face-to-face from your neighbor with cash money in one hand and a smartphone in the other.

Indeed ... though smartphone reception may be a problem
I am sure this is happening right across India as we speak ... Roll Eyes
Way to go Bitcoin, that's what I call progress !

Then you have the problem of exchanging your pocket stuffed full of smelly rupees (believe me, they smell) into something you want ...

Lloydie

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:40:39 AM

I love the ignore button. Ferryman is still cheaper than banks, in my view. Plus, if I already have loads of fiat, I won't even bother converting back to fiat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: