Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:19:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast comparisons with BFL and CoinTerra  (Read 803 times)
1l1l11ll1l (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 12:02:36 AM

Is BFL trying to steal Hashfast's thunder?

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:04:57 AM

You forgot the most funny part of that email.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:12:43 AM

wonder what kind of compensation the people that pre ordered full price got in return?
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:14:27 AM

Nothing, supposedly its a new years sale. They also did a black friday sale. Lets keep on topic.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:24:14 AM

2014 New Year’s wish.......................     Asic company that is transparent and not taking orders they cannot deliver on in 30 days. 
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:38:51 AM

Even though BFL did this same thing to us, at the time that they actually shipped the products we were able to make our ROI, even in BTC and out of my 180GH of BFL machines I am still running them and making money.

Yeah, isn't that amazing?  I made money on late BFL products - mined more BTC than they cost and then sold the equipment - for more than I paid.

But my order with HF in USD - yes, I know, BTC guys are in worse shape - won't make money unless Hashfast suddenly starts delivering on schedule, ships upgrades and MPP boards promptly, *and* BTC jumps to around $1250 ... or much more if the delivery schedule slips from the ideal.  And you know it will.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:18:21 AM

wonder what kind of compensation the people that pre ordered full price got in return?

as someone who was "forced to upgrade" to a monarch (900gh worth) (due to  no refunds or getting a asic unit that is a brick as of 6 months late).....we got "NOTHING"

so brick back then with the old 65mm equip or brick in the future by the time I get it for the new monarch stuff ..a brick is a brick

8K out on BFL ....seems in the USA all you have to do is 'ship it" if it is a year or 9 months late ...don't matter to the regulators or those at the county attorneys office or FTC or BBB .....or even getting a lawyer to do a 'class action suit".....

you can lie all you want just ship it

so NO we are not gonna get anything...and those ordering at these NEW prices are gonna be months behind me before they get their "brick"....

"The fickle finger of fate (bfl) once having  "f**k*d moves on....."

there is always a new crop of noob suckers that don't know any better...

sad they get away with such

Hashfast likely will not be in this camp..but yeah it is a definite slam for "noob" $$$ from the other asic companies.....scams don't work without volume don't ya know

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
timmah

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:10:56 AM

Even though BFL did this same thing to us, at the time that they actually shipped the products we were able to make our ROI, even in BTC and out of my 180GH of BFL machines I am still running them and making money.

Yeah, isn't that amazing?  I made money on late BFL products - mined more BTC than they cost and then sold the equipment - for more than I paid.

But my order with HF in USD - yes, I know, BTC guys are in worse shape - won't make money unless Hashfast suddenly starts delivering on schedule, ships upgrades and MPP boards promptly, *and* BTC jumps to around $1250 ... or much more if the delivery schedule slips from the ideal.  And you know it will.

Also, BFL actually designed and produced CUSTOM cases, PSUs, etc.  Even the 2u server product looks custom built and more reliable than the 4u HF Sierras (Josh even told me that they used 4u cases because they were more available, meaning cheaper, and allows them to still use regular consumer PSUs and off the shelf cooling as well but means that DC colo cost is double as obviously 4u is double 2u).  Not saying that BFL didn't screw us over as well but with HF it's on a whole different level.  All those Press Releases about "partnerships" were nothing more than BS just put out there to make them look legit when they say that these large well known companies in the IT industry were "producing" their parts.  Instead it was just that they made a deal to purchase their stock CONSUMER products like PSUs, cooling, cases, etc and didn't put anything into actually developing a custom case or other parts to allow the most efficient use of their miner, so they could pocket more of our money.  Same with everything else, they just "contracted" everything they could and really didn't do anything but write checks for the actual developers.

Even if they file bankruptcy, they are most likely going to be just fine as all the "executive employees" have already been paid a very nice salary/bonuses most likely in the millions and since they are incorporated their "personal assets" may very well be protected (as one of the main points to create a corporation).  It's like Enron or other companies from the dot-bomb era.

Of course I hope that they do the right thing as this will just add fuel to the fire for everyone that believes Bitcoins and everything about it is just one big scam.  They will point to BFL and HF as well as all the other thieves to "prove" their point that BTC will ultimately fail.  The sad thing is that the people that formed the company say that they believed in BTC from the beginning and had been involved from the start.  As BTC was created to give us control of our own money and not in the hands of large corporations the whole system works on the belief that there are more good and honest people who will do the right thing when making a sale/transaction/business.  Meaning that we will give up the ability to "charge back" our transaction if we did not get what was promised.  Even taking this to court is just another place that BTC will become more regulated by the Government taking away from the whole point of BTC in the first place.

This is just sad and getting worse every minute/hour/day... one day the government may just outlaw BTC and then only outlaws will have BTC!
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:50:43 AM

We clearly ordered from the wrong company.

Dear CoinTerra customer,

As a First Batch customer with an order for one or more TerraMiners initially scheduled for a late-December delivery we are reaching out to you since you are one of the remaining customers that we have been unsuccessful in contacting by telephone via the number associated with your cointerra.com account.

We are pleased to say that we are now very close to manufacturing our first units, but if you have been following our engineering updates on our website you may be aware that our late-December orders have slipped into the New Year.

Your order will enter manufacturing shortly, and will be one of the very first TerraMiners to leave our production facility - we currently expect your order to ship in the first two weeks of January.

As a thank you for being an early customer and supporting us as we worked to bring the TerraMiner to market, for each TerraMiner that you have ordered in the First Batch we would also like to send you an additional TerraMiner of equal hash rate from our March batch free of charge (including free shipping.)  This means that if you have a First Batch order for one TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner you will receive your miner in January and you will also receive a TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner in March.

We will send a confirmation of your order, updated to include the additional free of charge TerraMiner within 24 hours.  However, if you would prefer to receive a full refund of your order purchase price in USD instead of taking us up on the offer, or if you have any further questions regarding your order then please can contact us at [redacted] and we will be happy to accommodate you.

Best regards and a Happy New Year!
Everyone at the CoinTerra Team
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:11:34 AM

Well, people with december orders did pay twice as much right? I'd expect them to get twice the units if they all ship at the same starting point.
minternj

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:13:30 AM

A little premature to sing cointerra praises until they ship. They also scumbagged people saying they were on track to ship in december.

dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:14:45 AM

Well, people with december orders did pay twice as much right? I'd expect them to get twice the units if they all ship at the same starting point.

And how much more did batch one (October delivery /laugh) pay more than later batches?  I'm not quite sure what your point is here.
dhenson
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:17:02 AM

A little premature to sing cointerra praises until they ship. They also scumbagged people saying they were on track to ship in december.

Jan 15 is to Cointerra customers as November 15th is to Hashfast.

Had Hashfast only been 2 weeks late I would have been happy.  They have most definitely not been 'scumbagged'.
minternj

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:20:52 AM

Had Hashfast only been 2 weeks late I would have been happy.  They have most definitely not been 'scumbagged'.

Same scumbag diffferent face. They missed every date they set. Even the chip packaging date was missed. They did the same saying they were on schedule in late October as Hashfast. I'd bet 100% they dont ship in Jan. 

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:50:56 AM

Same scumbag diffferent face. They missed every date they set. Even the chip packaging date was missed. They did the same saying they were on schedule in late October as Hashfast. I'd bet 100% they dont ship in Jan. 

I bet neither ship until march/april. I am feeling a bit of deja vu from exactly a year ago when I thought I would receive my jalapeno in february.
perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:55:17 AM

As BTC was created to give us control of our own money and not in the hands of large corporations the whole system works on the belief that there are more good and honest people who will do the right thing when making a sale/transaction/business.  Meaning that we will give up the ability to "charge back" our transaction if we did not get what was promised.  Even taking this to court is just another place that BTC will become more regulated by the Government taking away from the whole point of BTC in the first place.

This is just sad and getting worse every minute/hour/day... one day the government may just outlaw BTC and then only outlaws will have BTC!

+1000

You are absolutely right, and in recent days I've wondered if other people with vested interests in Bitcoin, who are not Hashfast customers, may not also become very pissed off with this situation,  because Hashfast's bullshittery and greed may have the effect of drawing further government regulatory attention, and that may significantly contribute to undermining the autonomy of bitcoin.

Hah.  Have Hashfast's scam victims start writing to Congress to demand regulation so more people don't get screwed like us.  That'll be sure to make Hashfast persona non grata in other echelons of the bitcoin world.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:59:20 AM

As BTC was created to give us control of our own money and not in the hands of large corporations the whole system works on the belief that there are more good and honest people who will do the right thing when making a sale/transaction/business.  Meaning that we will give up the ability to "charge back" our transaction if we did not get what was promised.  Even taking this to court is just another place that BTC will become more regulated by the Government taking away from the whole point of BTC in the first place.

+1000

You are absolutely right, and in recent days I've wondered if other people with vested interests in Bitcoin, who are not Hashfast customers, may not also become very pissed off with this situation,  because Hashfast's bullshittery and greed may have the effect of drawing further government regulatory attention, and that may significantly contribute to undermining the autonomy of bitcoin.

Hah.  Have Hashfast's scam victims start writing to Congress to demand regulation so more people don't get screwed like us.  That'll be sure to make Hashfast persona non grata in the upper echelons of the bitcoin world.

There is really a simple solution. Stop giving your money to strangers who don't have a working product and have never sold a working product. Preordering hardware is incredibly stupid(for consumers) especially when NRE costs are supposedly covered.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:04:57 AM

We clearly ordered from the wrong company.

Dear CoinTerra customer,

As a First Batch customer with an order for one or more TerraMiners initially scheduled for a late-December delivery we are reaching out to you since you are one of the remaining customers that we have been unsuccessful in contacting by telephone via the number associated with your cointerra.com account.

We are pleased to say that we are now very close to manufacturing our first units, but if you have been following our engineering updates on our website you may be aware that our late-December orders have slipped into the New Year.

Your order will enter manufacturing shortly, and will be one of the very first TerraMiners to leave our production facility - we currently expect your order to ship in the first two weeks of January.

As a thank you for being an early customer and supporting us as we worked to bring the TerraMiner to market, for each TerraMiner that you have ordered in the First Batch we would also like to send you an additional TerraMiner of equal hash rate from our March batch free of charge (including free shipping.)  This means that if you have a First Batch order for one TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner you will receive your miner in January and you will also receive a TerraMiner IV 2TH Bitcoin miner in March.

We will send a confirmation of your order, updated to include the additional free of charge TerraMiner within 24 hours.  However, if you would prefer to receive a full refund of your order purchase price in USD instead of taking us up on the offer, or if you have any further questions regarding your order then please can contact us at [redacted] and we will be happy to accommodate you.

Best regards and a Happy New Year!
Everyone at the CoinTerra Team

Sad thing about this is Jan and Feb batches are going to be screwed now.

Edit:spelling
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: