Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:26:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING, WALLET STEALER!!!  (Read 4531 times)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:43:05 PM

So if he is in Switzerland someone should report him to the Swiss authorities. Is there anyone here who can speak Swedish and report this turd? We have his IP and the fact he stole 10,000.00. In Canada and USA that amount gets you jail time.

tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:44:57 PM

nice that guy got only one post.
meee (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:45:02 PM

Yes that is his nickname! Delete and block as soon as you can, seems he's going around everywhere then!

Man....

He also pm for his crap messenger asking me to use it  Angry

Yep that'll be him mate! I hope you didn't download it, please warn everyone on your forum! At least we can stop others getting rinsed like that.

xIronCrossx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:46:00 PM

So if he is in Switzerland someone should report him to the Swiss authorities. Is there anyone here who can speak Swedish and report this turd? We have his IP and the fact he stole 10,000.00. In Canada and USA that amount gets you jail time.

Swedish? Switzerland? Lelwut?

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:46:25 PM

This isn't anything new as I have seen this pulled off by several others over the past 3-4 years.

FYI, I highly suspect that "all4coins" is actually another scammer by the name of Hydroponica.

The IP is easily manipulated and is child's play for someone that can code a messenger.

~BCX~
meee (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:46:50 PM

I think this could be the way forward... We can't let this scumbag run around dropping his trojan off all over our scene and get away with it! I bet you there are others that have been effected but just don't know it yet.

Man I just hope there are not many Sad

KingGoon

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:50:20 PM

https://doges.org/index.php?action=profile;u=6122
https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1261
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30110
http://infinitecointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3739
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=6503.0

active guy  Angry

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
meee (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:50:45 PM

This isn't anything new as I have seen this pulled off by several others over the past 3-4 years.

FYI, I highly suspect that "all4coins" is actually another scammer by the name of Hydroponica.

The IP is easily manipulated and is child's play for someone that can code a messenger.

~BCX~

Yeah I thought this too. Sad

I doubt he would go to the trouble to code the trojan but then not cover his tracks... BUT with that said there must be a way to find this asshole surely?

Or ehat we just let him make another character in a few months and do the same again?

I know it hasd happened before too... But you have to remember that there are always new people coming into the scene everyday. They can read everything and take in all knowledge in seconds can they?

But yeah more precautions are needed for sure.

meee (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:52:11 PM

Right yeah, what an arse... Jeez... Well I guess we had best let all these other forums know. That is all we can do right now. Stop the rot and then I think we should do all we can to track the guy down!

atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:55:02 PM

If it is possible for the victim to post in here and verify himself, perhaps the community could donate a bit to him to lessen his impact.
KingGoon

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:55:33 PM

Yes that is his nickname! Delete and block as soon as you can, seems he's going around everywhere then!

Man....

He also pm for his crap messenger asking me to use it  Angry

Yep that'll be him mate! I hope you didn't download it, please warn everyone on your forum! At least we can stop others getting rinsed like that.

Hell no  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i dont have time for peoples shady applications

*edit
Hes tried it here also https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1759.msg16397.html#msg16397

All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:01:14 PM

i very much doubt that is his actual home ip address, people coding this stuff probably know about proxies etc.. could be anywhere. People have lost 100's thousands of dollars worth of crypto before like this, i never hear about any of them getting any back.

All these noob posters publishing new coins daily, at lot of people are going to get raped hard sometime soon. Sometimes these coders/hackers get one step ahead of the antivirus malware companies, when that happens next a lot of coins will vanish from wallets.

Sad to hear for sure, i hope he does get some back but i very much doubt it Sad those coins are long gone.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:02:00 PM

Thanks for the warning, the Same guy is at the Litecoin forums trying to steal wallets. I've warned the Litecoin community.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:03:21 PM

I'd like to add that with VPN you can't really tell where he is exactly.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:03:57 PM

I think wallet security is the biggest fundamental flaw with Bitcoin.

Everyone compares Bitcoin with cash with good reason.  After all, storing Bitcoin in an online wallet is akin to stuffing your cash in a stranger’s mattress.  No one would do that, yet people still use online wallets and, in the case of inputs.io, lose a lot of money by doing so.

The wallet stealing viruses can easily be prevented, but it is not something that most people really think of when downloading programs.  It’s not really the same as being pickpocketed because you never even have to come in contact with the criminal.  It’s more similar to someone leaving a business card on your windshield and you placing that in your wallet and then when you get home you notice that the business card just ate all of your cash.  

Cold storage is the best way to prevent this, but even with Armory’s efforts to make it as easy as possible; this is a very complicated process for some people and a deterrent for them to actually spend their Bitcoins.  

Online storage is easy to spend but it is not safe.  
Cold storage is very safe but is not easy to spend.

Is there a happy medium (safe and easy to spend) that I am missing?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:06:28 PM

So let me get this straight, the wallets, ALL of them had their coins emptied. The passwords were all different.

So how did he do this? This must mean that Satoshi's client is broken and needs more security! This is insane.
KingGoon

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:08:02 PM

here is the Quark messenger run in sandbox
https://malwr.com/analysis/NDAwOGQwZjliMDRiNDg4ZmE1OTc2NDlhMWM2ZTVlZDg

meee (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:09:46 PM

If it is possible for the victim to post in here and verify himself, perhaps the community could donate a bit to him to lessen his impact.

Okay he is here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=393618.new#new

He's a bit upset and I must say that he told me after that the $10,000 came out wrong and it was 10,000 gold that went missing as well as 250,000 NET and a bunch of other coins. He can obvioulsy tell you more than I anyway.

Thanks guys.

meee (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:15:05 PM

I think wallet security is the biggest fundamental flaw with Bitcoin.

Everyone compares Bitcoin with cash with good reason.  After all, storing Bitcoin in an online wallet is akin to stuffing your cash in a stranger’s mattress.  No one would do that, yet people still use online wallets and, in the case of inputs.io, lose a lot of money by doing so.

The wallet stealing viruses can easily be prevented, but it is not something that most people really think of when downloading programs.  It’s not really the same as being pickpocketed because you never even have to come in contact with the criminal.  It’s more similar to someone leaving a business card on your windshield and you placing that in your wallet and then when you get home you notice that the business card just ate all of your cash.  

Cold storage is the best way to prevent this, but even with Armory’s efforts to make it as easy as possible; this is a very complicated process for some people and a deterrent for them to actually spend their Bitcoins.  

Online storage is easy to spend but it is not safe.  
Cold storage is very safe but is not easy to spend.

Is there a happy medium (safe and easy to spend) that I am missing?

Yeah I think you're dead right it is a tough one... I wonder too if there is a happy medium, I reckon it is probably not possible because really anything connected to the internet is a risk. It looks like if you are storing coins cold storage is the best bet and then maybe have some in your normal wallet to play around with.

I think I will get to work on making a cold storage thread on my forum. Do you know if armory id available for other coins or is it just BTC?

meee (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 07:16:25 PM

So let me get this straight, the wallets, ALL of them had their coins emptied. The passwords were all different.

So how did he do this? This must mean that Satoshi's client is broken and needs more security! This is insane.

Maybe the passwords were weak and all similar? So easy to crack? I really don't know. I guess he can tell you more about it.

I think the above is highly likely Sad

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: