Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:22:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy CRAP the manipulator has pulled out!!!!! Freefall seems inevitable  (Read 9474 times)
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 09:57:48 AM

Why worry.

when you can take advantage of the drop in price.

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 10:00:53 AM

You people make it sound if there is only one manipulator. I think there would be a decent amount of veterans still sitting on most of their holdings playing this game.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 10:09:15 AM

The world's turning - yet it seems some people haven't realised it yet...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 11:23:07 AM

Gent's set your phasers to IxCoin! Cheesy
Swishercutter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:28:54 AM

This looks very bad for us. This manipulator that I have spoken so much about, just read any of my previous posts, that has increased the ask side of Bitcoin by probably over 10,000-20,000 bitcoins during the last few weeks, has seemed to pulled out!

This is huge, there is absolutely no supply. Last time he pulled out we had jumped to $30 dollars in no time. There are almost no ask walls anymore. Before today every .10 cents was walled with 2,000 to 3,000 ask wall, now it is down to the hundreds (or what it normally is without the manipulator).

I am not sure what the heck is going on or why this manipulator decided to pull out. But like I have been saying, there was no way that he could keep a ceiling on the bitcoin price by buying all the dollars coming into the market. Eventually this manipulator will pull out and it seems that he has after taking severe losses today.

This could honestly be a really bad rally coming. It may even reach new highs. I hope most of you have bought when it was in the $11's and $12's like I recommended.

Without this manipulator who seemed to be the sole reason to keep the bitcoin price low since the rise from $5's, bitcoin price will finally settle to its real market price of around $20 - $50.

I will probably sell bitcoins only when the price finally stablizes around those levels, and only when it is obvious that the manipulator is not in the market. I do not trust a bitcoin price that is based on this single manipulator, as always happens when he pulls out the price skyrockets.

Just read my past posts and all is like i have been saying.

I kinda agree...the manipulator(s) were not propping the market up they were drawing sheep down.  Plus all the stupid .00/.05/.10 repeated bids were simply there to give an illusion that the market price was at a constantly lower price.   The majority of sellers value their BTC at a much higher value and would rather not sell then to be led down for the slaughter.

Good luck to all who believe the OP...it'll be fine.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 11:37:18 AM

Gent's set your phasers to IxCoin! Cheesy

Nah stick with Bitcoin..please...it keeps the value of our currency up lol

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
kiwiasian

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 01:06:52 PM

Edward, you seem to have invested a lot of time in investigating this "market manipulator." Perhaps you got a little something for him?

*wink*

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:30:56 PM

This is no joke anymore, Bitcoin price is reaching new lows every day. The inevitable drop is still on. How much longer can the market get hit without the manipulator putting in his floor and getting back in? The higher psychological bitcoin price level is getting pounded. Nobody will buy bitcions for more than $10 dollars when it always just drops right back down.

Everything I said seems to be happening. Only if you are delusional will you think otherwise. Does it matter if a bunch of miners think their bitcoins are worth $50??? I do not own 1 bitcoin, never have. Do I really care if a miner thinks his bitcoins are worth $50 dollars each? Do any other buyers out there think it matters if they are worth $50 dollars each. NO! If no buyers think they are worth it, well they are not worth $50 dollars. I think all my baseball cards are worth $50,000,000 each, so do many other people, does that mean there is a buyer who would pay that?

THIS IS HUGE. You were warned to sell at $11.

REMEMBER, every time the bitcoin hit a new low, it always rebounded higher, to shortly after always hit an even NEWER LOW!!!

If this same pattern holds true, expect bitcoins to fall below $5.00. THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! You people really have no idea the true value of bitcoins because the price has been manipulated so damn much!

Yes there are many buyers holding out, there will always be buyers holding out!!!!!! just like in stocks when the price drops close to 0. Crap, I own 3DFX stock still LOL, I thought it was worth much more, so did many other holders of 3dFX stock. Does it matter that I think or thought it was worth more, or the majority of 3DFX stockholders who held onto their investment. IT DOES NOT MATTER. The market price seems to be set by the 5%-15% of market holders, not the majority!!!!!!!!!

SELL YOUR BITCOINS While the price is still high. If this manipulator does not come back in anytime soon you will lose lots of money! Keep checking the bid side of bitcoins! use common sense. Do not listen to the people here who hold bitcoins thinking they will get to $50. Cut your losses right now before it is to late.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:47:06 PM

Hey Edward, everything EVERYONE has said keeps happening.

BTC goes up, BTC goes down. Market gets manipulated. Merchants get new solutions. Market rises, market falls. You aren't really making any predictions that shine because of their uniqueness or usefulness.

You're just so much more noise.
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 02:55:40 PM

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about this,   yea it's dropping in price.. but deposits at flexcoin hit the roof. 

generally there's an inverse relationship ...  (not always but it appears to be that way more than 50% of the time)... 

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:58:20 PM

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about this,   yea it's dropping in price.. but deposits at flexcoin hit the roof. 

generally there's an inverse relationship ...  (not always but it appears to be that way more than 50% of the time)... 

Heh, Founder, for every BTC sold, one BTC is bought! Thousands of bitcoins have been dumped into the market in the last few hours. Where did you think they'd be going?

If anything, take it as a strong vote of confidence that those buying think Flexcoin is worthy of their trust.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 02:59:00 PM

BTC goes up, BTC goes down. Market gets manipulated. Merchants get new solutions. Market rises, market falls. You aren't really making any predictions that shine because of their uniqueness or usefulness.

well the timing of his post was spot on.

sure it does not mention head and shoulders or my ass wave theory... but when all those bids went poof..
he make a prediction. and that is what this section of the forum is for.

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:02:55 PM

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about this,   yea it's dropping in price.. but deposits at flexcoin hit the roof.  

generally there's an inverse relationship ...  (not always but it appears to be that way more than 50% of the time)...  

Heh, Founder, for every BTC sold, one BTC is bought! Thousands of bitcoins have been dumped into the market in the last few hours. Where did you think they'd be going?

If anything, take it as a strong vote of confidence that those buying think Flexcoin is worthy of their trust.

Assuming that the person buying isn't just the same person selling them (you just need 2 mt.gox accounts)
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:03:46 PM

well the timing of his post was spot on.

sure it does not mention head and shoulders or my ass wave theory... but when all those bids went poof..
he make a prediction. and that is what this section of the forum is for.

Yes, but it's just a matter of scale and perspective. Take it from just a few days before, or a few days after, and you can make the results fit pretty much any prediction. Edward's theory of a "hidden manipulator" is just hot air, and I suspect he knows it. There are several manipulators of the BTC market out there, and they're equally out in the open, we can see them when 7,000 BTC all get sold at the same time... or when 10,000 BTC all get bought at the same time. Nothing hidden at all.

The real mystery is why someone so clearly convinced of Bitcoin's ultimate doom is spending his (or her) time on these forums, posting relentlessly, though conveniently disappearing when the value of BTC rises against the dollar.

I don't believe in the ultimate truth of Hinduism, but I have never, ever, even remotely considered joining a Hindu forum  Wink
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:05:09 PM

Assuming that the person buying isn't just the person selling them (you just need 2 mt.gox accounts)

You are quite right. But even if that was the case, his or her whole idea in doing that would be to create downwards momentum, so there would be others (miners, hoarders, people who need to pay rent), who'll go into "panic sell" mode.
dancupid

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:10:30 PM

Assuming that the person buying isn't just the person selling them (you just need 2 mt.gox accounts)

You are quite right. But even if that was the case, his or her whole idea in doing that would be to create downwards momentum, so there would be others (miners, hoarders, people who need to pay rent), who'll go into "panic sell" mode.

At which point he can start buying, and when the time is right do the same thing in the opposite direction and then sell and drag down the price and then buy and then....
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:15:53 PM

At which point he can start buying, and when the time is right do the same thing in the opposite direction and then sell and drag down the price and then buy and then....

True, but he (or she) cannot really guarantee that when he dumps thousands of BTC, he'll be able to buy them all back. Some will get snagged by others. Also, he (or she) could get trumped on by someone with more USD at the ready in their account. If you jump in quickly enough, or just a fraction of a cent sooner, you can take all the BTC that the original manipulator wanted for himself (or herself).

It's a bit of a gamble, especially as more traders with money start coming in.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:25:18 PM

This volatility is very bad for bitcoin in the long run.  If it can rise and fall 20% within a couple of days, why would anyone use it as a currency?  It would be a silly move.  The only real purpose bitcoins seem to serve right now is a vehicle for highly speculative investing.  There's nothing wrong with that of course, and participants seem to be enjoying the action, but anyone looking on would think this whole thing is far too unstable.
dancupid

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:30:50 PM

True, but he (or she) cannot really guarantee that when he dumps thousands of BTC, he'll be able to buy them all back. Some will get snagged by others. Also, he (or she) could get trumped on by someone with more USD at the ready in their account. If you jump in quickly enough, or just a fraction of a cent sooner, you can take all the BTC that the original manipulator wanted for himself (or herself).

It's a bit of a gamble, especially as more traders with money start coming in.

It's a gamble, but someone with the right tools could analyses the orderbook, look for the moment where there is a distribution that allows them to buy back all their own bitcoins plus a few others and drag the price down to the level they want. Anyone with 10,000 btc and $100,000 could do whatever they wanted.  A 6000 btc buy can drag the price down 5%.
My advice would be to assume manipulation and let the manipulator be your guide - ie buy low and sell high (most obvious statement of the year I know - but the market is distorted by big players).
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:32:56 PM

Watching MtGox Live atm.  I haven't seen the bids and asks so unbalanced for a long time.  Nice 'wall' at $8.50.  Of course, if the long blue ask tongue takes even a lick of that 'wall' it will come crumbling down within minutes.

BTW, the same people are claiming bitcoin is being manipulated by one or maybe a few large bots.  Has anyone delivered any evidence of this, or is it simply inferred from looking at the trading action and thinking 'this must be rigged'?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: