Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy CRAP the manipulator has pulled out!!!!! Freefall seems inevitable  (Read 9472 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:03:47 PM

I want to change my screen name to "The Manipulator".  Roll Eyes

I've done well in the stock/bond markets, angel investing, art, real estate, and bitcoins. The one thing I have learned is to not listen to others. If you feel an investment is a good idea, do it. Those who say the sky is falling or too expect 50% growth per year are just guessing.
On the other hand if you feel uneasy, get out. I pulled out just before the 90's tech bubble burst. I did this against the advise of "experts". Even a cursory review of the statistical efficacy of experts will reveal that they know nothing.
Most investors base their investments on emotion. You want to beat them? Base your decisions on math.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 07:11:56 PM

I am just hoping it jumps up in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

I agree with you on this.I wish to recoup £74 worth of BTC I invested in thinking I'd make a nice profit,instead the value dropped loads and £74 becomes much less than that (since the crash from ~$11 per btc to what it is now.) I also have a small supply of other bit coins so selling 2 would easily recoup my losses when it bounces right back (and $$$).

In the next 2 weeks guys,do you think the BTC value would recover? I certainly hope so soon.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:21:08 AM

Whenever the market moves in a way that displeases bitcoin traders, they shout about The Manipulator.  He's everywhere, and controls every market move.  Clever fellow.

On the other hand if you feel uneasy, get out. I pulled out just before the 90's tech bubble burst. I did this against the advise of "experts".

It seems many have.  Bitcoins are 75% off their highs.  At the time of the bubble there was a 'to the moon, and beyond!' price crowd that could see no problems in the exponential price growth curve.  I got out, and sold most of my coins in the 20s and high teens.

Most investors base their investments on emotion. You want to beat them? Base your decisions on math.

Unfortunately those basing their decisions purely on emotion always have far more money than you do :-)
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:01:55 AM

I haven't read much of what OP has wrote and I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I know what he is talking about.

Lately I had just assumed it was actually MTGOX doing it,
needing a way to grab bitomat without any loss to themselves.

Whoever it is if it isn't MTGox, they definitely know who it is.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:12:10 AM

I haven't read much of what OP has wrote and I haven't read this entire thread yet, but I know what he is talking about.

Lately I had just assumed it was actually MTGOX doing it,
needing a way to grab bitomat without any loss to themselves.

Whoever it is if it isn't MTGox, they definitely know who it is.

If MtGox was manipulating the price as suggested, wouldn't they manipulate it to go higher?  They make a cut from every trade, and it seems obvious they would let the public bots play at a higher price as that delivers higher income.

If there truly is one manipulator pulling and pushing the market then it's even more alarming than I would have imagined.  The market would essentially be paper thin with no support against a complete collapse due to a lack of natural price support.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 02:25:01 AM

If there are "manipulators pulling out", I would be willing to bet that there are a lot of MtGox USD sitting on MtGox that are not actively sitting on the exchange in the form of bids.  Those bids may have disappeared in a flash, but they almost certainly didn't all get withdrawn through Dwolla!  The daily and monthly withdrawal limit practically guarantees that.

And it makes sense.  Why should anyone looking for a sweet deal on BTC leave bids up, when removing the bids will result in a more favorable buy price?  If I were looking to make a big buy right now, I would be leaving my money completely off the bid chart, waiting for the price to fall lower and lower before I executed.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:28:02 AM

Whenever the market moves in a way that displeases bitcoin traders, they shout about The Manipulator.  He's everywhere, and controls every market move.  Clever fellow.

In fact, I am The Manipulator. Whenever I buy, price drops and vice versa. I'm sure there are tons of other Manipulators who move the market like this.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:06:06 PM

Hmmm Huh

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:22:39 PM

Hmmm Huh

What was so hmmm-able about that?

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:26:12 PM

What was so hmmm-able about that?

Why build a wall at days high? Hmmm.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:41:22 PM

The wall was built where it was built.
The high hit it and nibbled some off it.

*shrug* That's how it looks to me.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
SlaveInDebt

Your Minion

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 12:42:58 PM

Missed the nibbling I guess *shrug

Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:13:44 PM

It's happening again!

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:16:59 PM

The general trend is still up through based on T.A. Most analysts predicted this fall and simply suggested buy more if possible when it is lower before it goes back up. I find it annoying as I'd rather it just climb and not have The Manipulator playing with us with 17000BTC walls, but I'll try to deal with it and make some money.

ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 04:17:06 PM

lol relax... this time we aren't in the middle of a massive downtrend.  We actually have buying pressure now.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 06:53:37 PM

It does indeed look like the bid side of mt. gox has gotten lower.

However, with the price pretty low now huge free fall's probably won't happen as easily.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Minsc

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 10:59:54 PM

My theory: Today, when the price neared $5, he pumped it up again so he could sell off the coins he bought as a prelude to sending it to the $4s.

I do appreciate his efforts to keep the price from stagnating.  Stagnation is horrible!

ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
September 21, 2011, 11:30:59 PM

Guys, minsc is bearish so we have a RALLY!!!

(BFL)^2 < 0
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 02:48:08 PM

It does indeed look like the bid side of mt. gox has gotten lower.

However, with the price pretty low now huge free fall's probably won't happen as easily.

+1

We're just having a break before the next push up Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Minsc

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:35:04 PM

Well today, he's finally pulled out his huge buywall so hopefully it will freefall this Thursday.  I bet those people who bought at 5.60 and those bots that insulted him from some of the sell orders feel silly now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: