Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-12-31 Bitcoin Lemonaid stand  (Read 1249 times)
TerraHasher (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:18:02 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 08:59:56 AM by TerraHasher

Well, not really super "press worthy" but the papers publish almost anything these days so it was worth a share to show just how far bitcoin has reached. These girls are going to grow up to do great things for sure. I tried to scan the QR code but the photo distorted it or my QR scanner app sucks, can anyone work their magic and get the address for me? i have to send them something for their creative efforts. it was really inspiring to see this.

http://imgur.com/Fbn1DeU,kAsDjz9#1

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:21:35 PM

The QR is 17Qq8JKnTCHF5rMhmi5WaF19UDbY95Uh6i

Also, this is really pretty cool.
They don't seem to have any takers yet though Sad

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:29:25 PM

Strike that, when i went to check it out on blockchain.info the address you provided is not correct. they look nothing the same. Nice try though, you got really close to taking my donation. How dis-honest of you to try and profit from these little girls creativeness. Does anyone who is not out to steal donations from these little girls have a way to read that distorted QR code?

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 06:46:31 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 07:02:42 PM by odolvlobo

Strike that, when i went to check it out on blockchain.info the address you provided is not correct. they look nothing the same. Nice try though, you got really close to taking my donation. How dis-honest of you to try and profit from these little girls creativeness. Does anyone who is not out to steal donations from these little girls have a way to read that distorted QR code?

The actual address is 1BLLc... Still, it could have been photoshopped. Where did you find this image? What do you mean in the papers? It wasn't printed in any newspaper or magazine.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:30:36 PM

Talk about low trying to scam those kids! Glad you pointed that out
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:33:45 PM

The actual address is 1BLLc... Still, it could have been photoshopped. Where did you find this image? What do you mean in the papers? It wasn't printed in any newspaper or magazine.

I found the article from a facebook post that was on a bitcoin page that i subscribe to. not trying to beg, but can you give me the rest of the address. i have downloaded 2 different QR code reader apps for my phone and neither of them can read it.

msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:51:14 PM

It's https://blockchain.info/address/1BLLcMEaze1g3863wg91SdRC6pWmYRkFft

I sent 0.002 using the QR from the full size photo.
TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:56:35 PM

It's https://blockchain.info/address/1BLLcMEaze1g3863wg91SdRC6pWmYRkFft

I sent 0.002 using the QR from the full size photo.

Thanks msc, which qr scanner app do you use? i need to find one that can read more abstract qr codes, i had the same problem with the one from that football game kid.

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:02:36 PM

Just sent .02 myself. I hope these girls keep it up, we could use a few more ambassadors like them.

msc

Activity: 282

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:07:59 PM

Thanks msc, which qr scanner app do you use? i need to find one that can read more abstract qr codes, i had the same problem with the one from that football game kid.
I use Mycelium, but QR Droid works too.  It may depend on your monitor - if I get too close, my camera picks up flicker and pixelation.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:40:17 AM

Well, not really super "press worthy" but the papers publish almost anything these days so it was worth a share to show just how far bitcoin has reached. These girls are going to grow up to do great things for sure. I tried to scan the QR code but the photo distorted it or my QR scanner app sucks, can anyone work their magic and get the address for me? i have to send them something for their creative efforts. it was really inspiring to see this.

Please format the date accordingly, non-americans can't read shit like "12-31-13".

PS.
When are you Americans going to adopt proper metric, weight & date/time systems like rest of the goddamn civilized world ?

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:55:14 AM

Thats the best part about America, we will never be civilized.

Please format the date accordingly, non-americans can't read shit like "12-31-13".

PS.
When are you Americans going to adopt proper metric, weight & date/time systems like rest of the goddamn civilized world ?

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:26:52 AM

Thats the best part about America, we will never be civilized.

I really want to +1 this just on sentiment alone, but we've probably skipped past "civilized" to "domesticated" in this country... we just happen to be somewhat free-range.

(Also, yes, 12-31-13 annoys plenty of us here too....)

Cute kids, but I'd like to see a news article before sending any coins to that address.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:00:40 AM

If this were a scam (no judgement), I'd say it's rather brilliant. The cuteness of the idea alone will win the coins hearts of many Smiley

Surely a big brother wouldn't do this for gain but for all we know, it could've been a complete stranger who seized the perfect photo opp. I mean, if the lil cuties printed their QR code... why not all those handwritten ones? And mom in the back ground certainly looks like a bitcoiner. Well, someone had to educate them.

Not implying this is a scam... I'm only saying that we need to remain vigilant is all. Scammers are getting really creative. What will they think of next? 

TerraHasher (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:13:22 AM

I dont really think they were in it to make a massive amount of bitcoin, Face it, kids at that age have little concept of money. Also i hardly think this is a "news story" if this were to make it into a newspaper, i would fear for the future of journalism. I found it on a facebook page about bitcoin that i am subscribed to. I really think it was more about stating that bitcoin has reached even the young audience. If you look at the address on blockchain.info you will see that they didnt make a single uBTC selling cookies and the only thing they got in donations was less than $20 USD which sadly came from this forum. Lets face it, now that bitcoin has became all the buzz and since there is an influx of scamers out there. nobody donates bitcoin anymore. The only reason i did was because even if it was a sham. its good publicity for bitcoin and if nothing more, then i hope whoever put it all together is encouraged to do more. Although i honestly think that would have been a lot of work to go through for such little payout.

And in response to your printing the handwritten ones. If it were all printed i would have for sure thought it was a photoshop job, printed text can be faked easily, while handwritten on paper would be a ton more work.

If this were a scam (no judgement), I'd say it's rather brilliant. The cuteness of the idea alone will win the coins hearts of many Smiley

Surely a big brother wouldn't do this for gain but for all we know, it could've been a complete stranger who seized the perfect photo opp. I mean, if the lil cuties printed their QR code... why not all those handwritten ones? And mom in the back ground certainly looks like a bitcoiner. Well, someone had to educate them.

Not implying this is a scam... I'm only saying that we need to remain vigilant is all. Scammers are getting really creative. What will they think of next? 

Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:52:08 AM

I dont really think they were in it to make a massive amount of bitcoin, Face it, kids at that age have little concept of money. Also i hardly think this is a "news story" if this were to make it into a newspaper, i would fear for the future of journalism. I found it on a facebook page about bitcoin that i am subscribed to. I really think it was more about stating that bitcoin has reached even the young audience. If you look at the address on blockchain.info you will see that they didnt make a single uBTC selling cookies and the only thing they got in donations was less than $20 USD which sadly came from this forum. Lets face it, now that bitcoin has became all the buzz and since there is an influx of scamers out there. nobody donates bitcoin anymore. The only reason i did was because even if it was a sham. its good publicity for bitcoin and if nothing more, then i hope whoever put it all together is encouraged to do more. Although i honestly think that would have been a lot of work to go through for such little payout.

And in response to your printing the handwritten ones. If it were all printed i would have for sure thought it was a photoshop job, printed text can be faked easily, while handwritten on paper would be a ton more work.

I totally get your rationale; it makes sense and I agree it is inspiring Smiley Given the method of promotion this has the potential to earn someone a big payday. How much did the football kid make again? Again, not saying it's a scam, but if it is, it's a good one.

I'm also glad you didn't accuse me of calling you a scammer because I didn't. If this is posted on FB you were just a vehicle used to solicit... If this a scam that is.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: