Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster transaction: 39016 BTC!!  (Read 19822 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 05:53:06 AM

This could easily be a transaction from Coinbase or another incredibly well known bitcoin-based company.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:04:59 AM

This could easily be a transaction from Coinbase or another incredibly well known bitcoin-based company.

True, but I would expect Coinbase (and similar companies) to be ready, willing and able to include a decent sized fee.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:44:41 AM

what is the purpose of sending huge amounts of coins without fee.
a lot of the monster size transactions are sent without fee. is there a special reason for that?

Dick swinging maybe? Perhaps it sends a thrill through a miner to process such a huge transaction. Or perhaps it's to prove an obscure point.

What point, though? The fee is almost non-existent as it is. There's really not much of a difference between going from a $0.00x fee to no fee.

With that said, there's really no REASON to pay a fee if it's not required. But I don't think it's any sort of "statement" or anything. It would mean more if we were closer to the extremely small block rewards.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:50:40 AM

So there's quite a lot of anonymity involved in here.
That's good to me.
Seems we are not able to say who/what moved those amounts.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:10:21 AM

That's good to me.

Is this bad or good for you? For me the level of anonymity is still good whit bitcoin instead with the fiat value where the government can see all the transactions that you have/will made-make.
steven.G999

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:40:03 AM

I believe I've seen far bigger transaction than that before but nevertheless it's still consider "big" for my standard. My curiosity is who owns all these bitcoins? Is this what you refer to as the whales? I mean with that amount they can surely affect or change the direction of the price movement (if those gets dumped to the open market)

during my playing bitcoin one year, so I was surprised to see a transaction of this magnitude, it is not inconceivable. when we are looking for some bitcoin just very difficult.

of course they could move the market. what they do with all this?
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:32:16 PM

I believe I've seen far bigger transaction than that before but nevertheless it's still consider "big" for my standard. My curiosity is who owns all these bitcoins? Is this what you refer to as the whales? I mean with that amount they can surely affect or change the direction of the price movement (if those gets dumped to the open market)

during my playing bitcoin one year, so I was surprised to see a transaction of this magnitude, it is not inconceivable. when we are looking for some bitcoin just very difficult.

It's good. If one's able to make the right moves anonymity is safe.

That's good to me.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:05:23 PM

Its attention magnet. Prosecutors and anti-money laundering controls will soon without doubt be tripling their attention at transactions like this. Also fbi would love taking a look at how much of these transactions heading to extra bitcoin wallet seemed to match the profile of real-life offshore holders that are supposedly guilty of tax evasion. Transfer million of usd via single transaction lol thoughtlessly done!
ziomar

Activity: 344

CCMINER.NET

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:13:16 PM

DUMPING!!

I guess that in a while we will see the btc price fly a lot  Wink

THE BITCOIN INVESTMENT
24/7 SUPPORT, LIVE CHAT AND USERS COMMUNITY
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:11:28 PM

I just saw this baby popping up on my radar.  Any idea what that might be??  Shocked

[EDIT] It seems the sender address is 13Df4x5nQo7boLWHxQCbJzobN5gUNT65Hh.

[EDIT2] Should have mentioned, the tool I've used to watch it happen live is the windows version of flatfly's chainsnort (official thread). It's oddly soothing to watch the constant trickle of transactions Smiley

These transactions make me scared as hell. I imagine myself sending them and quadruplemillion-checking that I haven't commited any errors when copy-pasting the address where im sending the money at.

If you've got that many coins then you probably have an army of robot-brained nubiles to handle the boring little details. I agree with you though. I'd probably need a few weeks of training to work up to it. 

If I had that many coins I would deal with the pressure of possibly making a mistake on the transactions. I would be a happy guy.
josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 08:02:50 PM

Wow, thats millions of dollars in one transaction!
But there was a bigger one, wasnt there?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:55:47 PM

Wow, thats millions of dollars in one transaction!
But there was a bigger one, wasnt there?

The largest transaction logged in the history of BTC, as far as I'm aware, is this one:

https://blockchain.info/tx/29a3efd3ef04f9153d47a990bd7b048a4b2d213daaa5fb8ed670fb85f13bdbcf

But that was back in 2011.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:34:50 PM

I would only use QR codes for transactions like this. One single mistake in writting the address and it's all over. I would also send 1 BTC to test before I send that insane amount.
drotto

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:09:00 AM

Some one is just moving it around, think of it as transfering money from one of your bank accounts to another. That is a lot of bitcoin though.
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:14:21 AM

is mark kapeles!
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:15:38 AM

Quote from: acquafredda link=topic=394643.msg1 4440677401#msg10677401 date=1425628240
That's good to me.

Is this bad or good for you? For me the level of anonymity is still good whit bitcoin instead with the fiat value where the government can see all the transactions that you have/will made-make.

just exchange it  4 darkcoin
steven.G999

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:36:49 AM

That's good to me.

yes of course if someone could move anonymity, this is good for bitcoin and all users Smiley
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:02:14 AM

That's good to me.
It is really not possible to move that kind of money with anonymity. Someone may be able to move that much money from one address to another address, however it would be very difficult to either spend or trade that kind of money without your identity being revealed
Slaxt

Activity: 476

Gone......

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:04:24 AM

It is heading to a exchange maybe?

TC is the worse thing to happen to default, needs to open his eyes and not jump to conclusions, not everyone lies!!! Anyway as promised I have left, pass word changed to long random which I will forget like that plonker who ruined a perfectly fine account.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:15:18 AM

It seems the address which sent this Monster transaction has been regularly sending coins to RipDice
https://blockchain.info/address/13Df4x5nQo7boLWHxQCbJzobN5gUNT65Hh

So may be it's a cold storage (or big hot wallet) of RipDice
It has bee certified as a scam now though .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: