News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you go to Pattaya?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pattaya  (Read 33948 times)
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 11:33:22 AM

most of us are more worried

There's still not a single tangible fact to back up those worries posted in this thread. I can only assume a lot of people aren't used to having to base their opinions on facts.

Anyone can claim anything. It's how you support your claims that makes a difference. Trolls cannot usually back up their claims.

It's not a matter of opinion that Pattaya has a poor reputation. Everyone in this country KNOWS it as a center for the sex industry and other illegal activities. If you don't know that then you plainly have no idea what you're talking about. The question is whether Bitcoins need to be making headlines holding a conference there. I'd vote no.

Like it or not, I think you are right.
So what can we do? We know Bruce wont listen to the community. But I think he will listen to the sponsors. So I say tell the tradehills, mtgoxes, memorydealers that Pattaya is a bad choice, I think they will listen and can eventually convince Bruce to move to a different city.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 12:59:07 PM

And I know how conservative and religious and church-affiliated the business is

While the above might be a valid reflection for some who are based in US culture, as a European I see no reason whatsoever to include such opinions in what and where I would ever hold or travel to a conference.

The public mass that we are trying to reach

Reading through your posts on this forum, and how very little facts you seem to base them on, I see no reason for anyone to listen to your opinion on what the "public mass" think or does not think about anything.

As far as I can see, there's a lot of "I think" and "My opinion" in this thread - from the naysayers. The only facts being posted do not support their world views.

defxor

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 01:12:39 PM

It's not a matter of opinion that Pattaya has a poor reputation. Everyone in this country KNOWS it as a center for the sex industry and other illegal activities. If you don't know that then you plainly have no idea what you're talking about. The question is whether Bitcoins need to be making headlines holding a conference there. I'd vote no.

No, but it's a matter of opinion that Pattaya's unrelated industries would rub off on conferences held there. If you want to claim it does, I suggest you take any one industry or company that has held an event in a Pattaya conference center and show how that has negatively impacted their reputation.

If you cannot do that, your opinion is not based in fact. It is really that simple.

As I've posted earlier:

... Amsterdam is only known for drugs & sex, Pattaya is only known for child prostitution, New York is only known for drug related gang wars, San Francisco is only known as a great place to meet friendly bums, Moscow is only known as the place where former KGB agents assassinate journalists etc.

Not to mention Las Vegas. Omg. How could anyone ever think of placing an event like CES there - especially with the Adult Entertainment Expo just next door?

Now. If Pattaya was the ONLY place Bruce suggested there should be a Bitcoin conference, I would probably agree slightly more. Seeing the absolute onslaught of trolls attacking first Amsterdam (really) and then Pattaya as if that's more important than how great all the other locations are is basically proof this is more about trolling and personal attacks on Bruce than anything else.

I find that quite lame.

The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 01:21:29 PM

Wow, even more defending of holding a bitcoin meeting in a shady place, while it could just as easy be held in any other place without a bad reputation. The people who so badly want this meeting to be in Pattaya have other motives than just bitcoin to do so. I can't help but wonder what they are...

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
defxor

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 01:27:37 PM

Wow, even more defending of holding a bitcoin meeting in a shady place, while it could just as easy be held in any other place without a bad reputation. The people who so badly want this meeting to be in Pattaya have other motives than just bitcoin to do so. I can't help but wonder what they are...

Feel free to voice your concerns, and please be more specific about what those concerns are and who you include in "the people". As to "any other place" I can only assume you're unable to reflect upon the fact that we're discussing but one of the many places conferences are planned to be held.

I have no interest whatsoever in visiting Pattaya. I just dislike ignorance, and "many people are ignorant" is not a good argument Smiley

(I will go to the conference in Amsterdam though, since I go to conferences there regularly anyway)
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 02:31:37 PM

Email him. He answerred all my questions live for about 3 hours last night on skype. It is not ego, its misunderstanding the intentions. He thinks you're all noise. Tone down the jumping to conclusions, be ready to give the benefit of the doubt, and contact him directly as a concerned member of the forum.  

No, it's not ego. Just like the million other times someone tried to give Bruce honest and helpful and advice and he rejected it all out of hand because it wasn't optimistic enough for him.

When people accuse him of only wanting to go to Pattaya to screw boys and then someone posts his enthusiastic review of a place in Pattaya where you can go screw boys, he's pretty much ceded the benefit of doubt on that issue. At the very least, it creates enough doubt that if he's got some big awesome legitimate reason for his Pattaya fever, it would probably be best (even if just for his own image) to share that reason with the community. Instead, he throws a tantrum, starts his own forum and then deletes it 3 hours later?

I don't know. I look at this thread and I don't see "98% trolls", I see a lot of people with some very heated concerns and pointed observations, and I see Bruce hiking up his pants and taking a crap on those people just like he does with anyone who's the least bit negative about anything. Apparently Bruce is the only person who's allowed to show any kind of emotion or have any kind of honest opinion about anything, and if you disagree, you couldn't possibly really think that and must be screwing with him. It's such a childish and myopic worldview, and when you combine that with the tantrums and the taking-my-ball-and-going-home act, it makes it especially galling to watch him repeatedly accuse everyone else of being a child.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Blackout

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 02:36:12 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2011, 03:18:30 PM by Blackout

I liked Jeff Garzik's suggestion that major financial hubs would be ideal locations for bitcoin conferences.  NY, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Dubai.

<----  +42 this is the way to go.

What really goes down in Pattaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoneogHmZOI

http://blackout.com
Insane writings for an Outsane world: http://blackoutsblog.com

Blackout Radio on android or iphone DL TuneIn APP & search for Blackout Radio http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=136506

https://secure.btcontilt.com/register.php?referred=Blackout (BTC Poker)
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:29:59 PM

He's busy right now. Like the rest of us, he's losing faith in this forum and tjinking that it might be smarter to get back to work instead of constantly responding to random questions. The thing is, he always responds to his email and I skyped him last night about this issue too. You guys just flat out either aren't trying hard enough (and hence thinking that posting on a forum somewhere will automatically garner a response frpm someone) or you're in it for the drama. Ask him a question and he'll probably answer. I already voiced all these opinions last night and got a very mature response that I feel settles it, but I understand that everyone needs their own proof and that Bruce is not doing a great job of handling every single person asking something of him. He needs a PR team.

Too busy doing what exactly? He rarely does the Bitcoin show anymore - if at all - and his TV "network" is a disjointed mess of broken promises, unrealistic goals, poor judgement & leadership and over-hyped pipe dreams.
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:34:01 PM

Thanks for your words wolftaur.

Let's just keep our eyes open for a spokesman who understands the technology he or she is talking about...

While it would good, and perhaps necessary, to have a spokesman to move things along I think we need to remember the cyberpunk/cypherpunk ethic Bitcoin is based on.

It shouldn't be about celebrities or some centralized organization to hold our hands and look out for us. It is about empowering the individual to do for hirself.
It is about us - we the people - being able to take control of our own money and live our own lives. Living freely and in voluntary association to do and act as we feel appropriate for our own life situations.

We may need the training wheels of some well spoken salesman to get us started but eventually we should want to get out from under the thumb of Big Brother. 

Excuse the mixed metaphors...   but is this not what we want to move towards, while trying to not to scare those who find the prospect of such freedom scary?

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:42:17 PM

So what can we do? We know Bruce wont listen to the community. But I think he will listen to the sponsors. So I say tell the tradehills, mtgoxes, memorydealers that Pattaya is a bad choice, I think they will listen and can eventually convince Bruce to move to a different city.

That might be a good idea.
But after the way Bruce has been acting I would be surprised if a lot of those sponsors would want to remain in association with him.

And if intends to keep making that show of his and if he keeps calling it "The Bitcoin Show", instead of something that sounds less like an official Bitcoin thing, like "Bruce Wagner's Bitcoin Show", I will be sending some email to those sponsors expressing my disapproval.

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:46:10 PM

Organizing the conference in Pattaya will be at least convenient for  one Bitcoiner.
BlockHash

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 03:49:49 PM

That might be a good idea.
But after the way Bruce has been acting I would be surprised if a lot of those sponsors would want to remain in association with him.

And if intends to keep making that show of his and if he keeps calling it "The Bitcoin Show", instead of something that sounds less like an official Bitcoin thing, like "Bruce Wagner's Bitcoin Show", I will be sending some email to those sponsors expressing my disapproval.

Bruce doesn't care really. This is evidenced by the multitudes of advice given by the community and by people who actually have a background and experience, to which Bruce consistently turns them away or labels them as "haters" or "13 year olds". Whatever line of thinking Bruce is on is the only line of thinking that matters to him and he won't change from that. Even if his sponsors rose up, he'd just insist that there are many more sponsors out there that would advertise with him (and give him a big thumbs up for making stupid decisions) and continue on his merry way.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 03:54:03 PM

I liked Jeff Garzik's suggestion that major financial hubs would be ideal locations for bitcoin conferences.  NY, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Dubai.

<----  +42 this is the way to go.

What really goes down in Pattaya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoneogHmZOI

I first viewed this a couple months ago. I wonder if there's a copy without the captions. It may be neat to watch if the dialog had a Pattaya twist. Hmm! Hitler parody? ---> Hitler Learns About Bitcoin Conference in Pattaya Being Canceled

elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:05:33 PM

Holy shit there's some damning stuff in the SA GBS Bitcoin thread... I guess I sort of "defended" Bruce in warweed's thread, mainly out of disgust at the insinuation that gay people are all after underage boys (because IMHO it follows that straight guys are all attracted to underage females) - but holy shit, now I look like a bit of an ass. Sad

^_^
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:08:12 PM

note the nickname at the top of this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34617.0

Bruce Wagner
Founder and CEO
http://OnlyOneTV.com
global television network
text/voice: +1 646-580-0022
email: bruce@onlyonetv.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/brucewagner
facebook: http://facebook.com/brucelwagner

Pattaya was chosen purely because it is a center for business and commerHAHAHAHAHA.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
BlockHash

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:21:56 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2011, 08:35:49 PM by BlockHash

note the nickname at the top of this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34617.0

Bruce Wagner
Founder and CEO
http://OnlyOneTV.com
global television network
text/voice: +1 646-580-0022
email: bruce@onlyonetv.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/brucewagner
facebook: http://facebook.com/brucelwagner

Pattaya was chosen purely because it is a center for business and commerHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously?! This guy is such a clown, I can't believe people actually put stock into what he had to say about anything.

The fact that he calls "Men" - men and "boys" , well, "boys" is pretty disgusting and it's pretty debatable what he meant. There's a clear distinction made between the two and there's no amount of explaining away that anyone could do about this now that a lot of this stuff has been exposed.

Yeah Bruce, sure does sound like Pattaya is a swell place for investment opportunities, if you are into a lot of really, really troublesome and illegal shit.  The fact that you call us all "13 year olds" has taken on a whole new level of disturbing.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 06:59:00 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2011, 07:21:34 PM by makomk

Also, in case of funny business, archives of the above and some related bits:

http://www.webcitation.org/61J35I1BA
http://www.webcitation.org/61J2xmodE
http://www.webcitation.org/61J2HlrmI
http://w01.freezepage.com/a/13146/43857QCZEKSRTRJ/0
http://www.freezepage.com/1314645610TGFHMCHQWA

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 07:19:02 PM

This sucks! (no pud pun intended--well, maybe). Either I'm naive or simply dumb/slow. First off, I didn't know Bruce was gay until after I started this thread entitled Pattaya. Secondly, I've never been to SA until about an hour ago, although I knew about it from reading posts on this board. And finally, I just found and read the 4 links, among others--WOW, you provided above on my own, all within the past hour. Upon finding them, I probably wouldn't have listed them, but since they're here now, I might as well comment on what I've read.

I've opt to do so via a fictitious example:

If during the last presidential campaign, we discovered President Obama previously had sex with underage boys, he wouldn't have been elected our leader. He may still be elected if he were simply gay.

I now feel--and sorry for what I'm going to say, Bruce--that I don't want anybody in a leadership role representing Bitcoin that has opening discussed fucking little boys in their asses (yes, it's plural). Please accept my apologies for being subtle, but perhaps you, the reader, can read between the lines.

FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 08:04:27 PM

Turns out Bruce is a pedo

Well, shit. 
http://imgur.com/TYEL3
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 08:15:46 PM

Turns out Bruce is a pedo

Well, shit. 

Folks, you all need to dig a little deeper. It get worse!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: