News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you go to Pattaya?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pattaya  (Read 33968 times)
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:20:23 PM

wow. just, wow.

can someone link to the sa thread that revealed all of this? 
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 08:21:13 PM

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

You know, it already says that in your signature.  I'm sure you're really proud of that line and all, but repeating it twice per post is kind of pointless, and you tend to misspell it sometimes when you do.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:22:30 PM

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=444
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:28:56 PM

wow. just, wow.

can someone link to the sa thread that revealed all of this? 

Anywhere from page 441 onwards contains direct quotes from Bruce's postings elsewhere on the net (there's a few pages before that discussing Bruce's postings about women and rape).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:35:11 PM

All this really does for me is prove he's a creep and a charlatan. Beyond that, I don't see much that would suggest he's a pedo although he hugs that line mighty closely.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 08:49:12 PM

All this really does for me is prove he's a creep and a charlatan. Beyond that, I don't see much that would suggest he's a pedo although he hugs that line mighty closely.

I don't think Bruce's personal proclivities would matter to people if he wasn't the most public face in the Bitcoin world. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:35:22 PM

I wonder if this is a new kind of attack to bitcoin and it's community.
To merrily accuse a member to be a pedophile without a single proof.
Shame on you. Shame on you. Shame on you.   Angry

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:38:49 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2011, 10:48:13 PM by Otoh

note the nickname at the top of this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34617.0

Bruce Wagner
Founder and CEO
http://OnlyOneTV.com
global television network
text/voice: +1 646-580-0022
email: bruce@onlyonetv.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/brucewagner
facebook: http://facebook.com/brucelwagner

Pattaya was chosen purely because it is a center for business and commerHAHAHAHAHA.

fxd that for you

Even if they have to be abused for only 1.88 bitcoins, they are not in an economic position to refuse...

At that time i customarily tipped 3.76 btc. In this case, I gave him only 2.63 btc. On the other hand I have paid as much as 7.52 btc for a hottie who changed my religion.

(@ 30 Thai bhat to the $ & $8.87 per btc)

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:45:05 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2011, 10:18:21 PM by Bitcoin Swami

This might be the deepest hole bruce ever had to pull himself out of.  No pun intended.
Nicksasa

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 09:50:33 PM

I'm suprised, bruce looked like a nice guy. I really hope he loses all his bitcoins and everything else Angry.

BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:59:52 PM

The Pattaya destination has been officially murdered  Cheesy
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 10:14:36 PM

I'm suprised, bruce looked like a nice guy. I really hope he loses all his bitcoins and everything else Angry.

He already lost more than 25,000 of them to mybitcoin!

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 10:43:18 PM

The Pattaya destination has been officially murdered  Cheesy

If anyone really wants to go, I'm sure a certain internet Bitcoin host will be there. Sad thing is, there will probably be a few people who still think it's a great idea.

If only he hadn't stressed Pattaya so much and shit in the face of everyone who was saying it was a bad idea, for obvious reasons.

This guy thought Pattaya was a bad idea too....
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 11:19:10 PM

poll - your fav BTC expos for 2012...

mine:

Medellin
Kabul
Bagdad
Tripoly - sik
Syria
The best korea<a

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 12:56:49 AM

Bruce REALLY needs to address things before they grow to these proportions, but you sheeple need to stop pretending everything you read on the internet is true.

I made a somewhat lengthy post on this in the other thread we have on this forum, but I might as well make the same statement here.

If when you say Bruce needs to address things, you mean the accusations that are being made against him, I have to say I'm not completely sure I agree.

To everyone who is trying to make the issue be that Bruce is a pedophile? Prove it or shut up.

Slang isn't proof. A forum post you want to take out of context isn't proof. The fact he went to Pattaya and had a good time isn't proof. Hey, yeah, maybe he had a few hookers in Pattaya. Prove they were children or shut up.

I'm not a fan of Bruce. I have a number of issues with him. I have much bigger issues with the lot of you who think you have the right to make an accusation without evidence. Bruce has rights, including the right to not be slandered, whether you like the guy or not.

The only thing you do when you accuse him of something that you can't back up in any meaningful way is prove that you're at least as responsible for making Bitcoin users look bad as you want to claim Bruce is.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 01:23:05 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2011, 03:46:09 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

You know, it already says that in your signature.  I'm sure you're really proud of that line and all, but repeating it twice per post is kind of pointless, and you tend to misspell it sometimes when you do.

Good point, FAtlas. I will discontinue the practice. Thank you kindly for bringing it to my attention.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:14:26 AM

Daaaaamn...no wonder this thread has 9 pages!  I'd been ignoring it as dis-interesting since finding out that 'Pattaya' was a place in Thailand and the OP didn't give me any clues about why it was even on the board.

Yet another in the string of bad news for Bitcoin.  Maybe this issue will get that $/BTC ratio down some more and I can my order buy order in.

---

I've come to the philosophy that in fact Bitcoin is actually not terribly useful at the present time because indeed the USD still work quite well as money to buy things.  That leads me to the thought that the best thing for Bitcoin at this time is to really wring the system out with incident after incident of bad news and misfortune.  If it holds up from a system level after these attacks, that will say a lot (to me at least.)

...but maybe I've just got some fox/grapes thing going.  Who knows.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:37:43 AM

Bruce REALLY needs to address things before they grow to these proportions, but you sheeple need to stop pretending everything you read on the internet is true.

I made a somewhat lengthy post on this in the other thread we have on this forum, but I might as well make the same statement here.

If when you say Bruce needs to address things, you mean the accusations that are being made against him, I have to say I'm not completely sure I agree.

To everyone who is trying to make the issue be that Bruce is a pedophile? Prove it or shut up.

Slang isn't proof. A forum post you want to take out of context isn't proof. The fact he went to Pattaya and had a good time isn't proof. Hey, yeah, maybe he had a few hookers in Pattaya. Prove they were children or shut up.

I'm not a fan of Bruce. I have a number of issues with him. I have much bigger issues with the lot of you who think you have the right to make an accusation without evidence. Bruce has rights, including the right to not be slandered, whether you like the guy or not.

The only thing you do when you accuse him of something that you can't back up in any meaningful way is prove that you're at least as responsible for making Bitcoin users look bad as you want to claim Bruce is.

I have asked the moderator to delete the "other" post because it was construed as character assassination as opposed to a serious discussion of a public perception issue with bitcoin's self appointed evangelist. The fact is that in a place like Pattaya, the line between "innocent" prostitution and child sex is blurred. Sure "boy" can mean a young adult, but it can equally mean a child. The ambiguity was the point. I'd prefer to think the better of Bruce. I hope he addresses this issue head on and moves the Pattaya convention to Bangkok.
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:44:22 AM

It never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of 'internet detectives'. Proof of someone's misdeeds cannot be opinions of other people on a forum somewhere. 10, 100, 1000-- it doesn't matter how many people feel strongly about something (racism? religion? Peta?), that in itself is never proof of anything.

Where's the proof? All I'm seeing is a few opinions expressed from some blogs and a tremendous amount of fabrications and jumping to conclusions. Bruce REALLY needs to address things before they grow to these proportions, but you sheeple need to stop pretending everything you read on the internet is true. You do realize that the majority of negative opinions are all coming from members of a forum that hates Bitcoin users, right?

Bruce needs to change his act a LOT, but so do I, and so does this forum. Where's the cooperation? Where's the 'love' if you will? You all are looking like a bunch of frothing monsters. Hard to take anything seriously.

Call it ignorance if you want, but these forums attract some very scummy low-life types. That's probably why the developers wanted to get as far away from them as possible and move them offsite to bitcointalk
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 03:55:04 AM

Daaaaamn...no wonder this thread has 9 pages!  I'd been ignoring it as dis-interesting since finding out that 'Pattaya' was a place in Thailand and the OP didn't give me any clues about why it was even on the board.

Yet another in the string of bad news for Bitcoin.  Maybe this issue will get that $/BTC ratio down some more and I can my order buy order in.

---

I've come to the philosophy that in fact Bitcoin is actually not terribly useful at the present time because indeed the USD still work quite well as money to buy things.  That leads me to the thought that the best thing for Bitcoin at this time is to really wring the system out with incident after incident of bad news and misfortune.  If it holds up from a system level after these attacks, that will say a lot (to me at least.)

...but maybe I've just got some fox/grapes thing going.  Who knows.

My fault!

...and the OP didn't give me any clues about why it was even on the board.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, tvbcof. Your point is valid. I remember when I was penning it that it may not have enough information, but in my mind I took it for granted that everyone would know what it is about. I now see that was not the case, hence you not reading this thread till it reached several pages. I'm sorry for that. Hope you enjoyed the reading of this entire thread.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: