News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you go to Pattaya?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pattaya  (Read 33955 times)
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:53:40 PM

Matthew, please would you finally just take the advice I gave you earlier and stop talking for a while?

Here's another lesson for you:  Although you did the right thing by emphasizing that you're socially retarded but working on it, you went wrong by apologizing!  Apologies are like blood to these sharks!  It's not like they're going to forgive you and start to like you if you apologize.  You just make yourself look more weak and pathetic, and resign yourself to waiting until they stop out of pity for you.  But only a few will stop at any given time.  And don't you see that they happily come back to feed after you when you inevitably say the next stupid thing to the ones who haven't stopped?

And don't mistake your attackers for being sincere.  They're primarily concerned with fucking with you.  The cause of women being able to dress slutty more safely, while extremely noble, is a very distant second priority for these people.  Leave the issue alone, it's ancillary.  You had successfully dealt with it by claiming stupidity, you just didn't let the dust settle afterward.

Weren't you a schoolteacher?  Why don't you know how this works yet?

Actually, d'aniel, some of us neither know Matthew nor care, but were genuinely offended by even the remotest intimation that a woman (or man, or boy, or girl) could be held partly responsible for their own rape.

It truly is an argument that was settled well over 20 years ago. Matthew should have known better than to say that.

"a tomato is a vegetable" is a mistake... "a woman should know better than to dress slutty lest she get raped" is a black hole of assholeness.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d'aniel

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:58:33 PM

Actually, d'aniel, some of us neither know Matthew nor care, but were genuinely offended by even the remotest intimation that a woman (or man, or boy, or girl) could be held partly responsible for their own rape.

It truly is an argument that was settled well over 20 years ago. Matthew should have known better than to say that.

"a tomato is a vegetable" is a mistake... "a woman should know better than to dress slutty lest she get raped" is a black hole of assholeness.
You were "genuinely offended" that some obvious dumbass who you admittedly don't care about said something dumb on the Internet.  Right...
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:04:38 PM

You were "genuinely offended" that some obvious dumbass who you admittedly don't care about said something dumb on the Internet.  Right...

Yup, some dumb ass says "a tomato is a vegetable", I'm not offended... same dumbass says "slutty women deserve to get raped", "Hitler had the right idea", "blacks are inferior" and a few other choice, idiotic remarks, then I am offended. I don't lose any sleep over it, nor do I choose to pick a fight. But if such stupidity were to be uttered in my presence, I'd feel compelled to speak up against it. As I think I am doing now.

Do you think how a woman dresses, or how much she's had to drink, or how she dances, makes her in any way responsible for her being raped? If you don't, it speaks highly of you. If you don't, but choose to not speak up when some other twit says so, it makes you a bit of an ass.

My point was that, contrary to your argument, not everyone who objected to Matthew's remarks did so out of a desire to destroy Matthew. I neither know him nor particularly care what happens with him one way or another. I disliked his statement profoundly, so your original theory doesn't hold.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:06:45 PM

Matthew, please would you finally just take the advice I gave you earlier and stop talking for a while?

He won't.  He cannot.  That's part of his pathology.  He'll stop when some brain chemical balances shift around and not before.

(That's my read on things at least and I have some sympathy for the guy...I just hope I don't find out in a few weeks that he seems to do extra-ordinarily unseemly things to other people.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:08:12 PM

Well of course the standard is reasonable person. Obviously kicking and screaming and shouts of no would tell anyone the other person doesn't consent. Still , it's whether the attacker believes (or should have) there was a rape. Believe me I was shocked when I first found this out.

If it was about based on the mind of the victim the rape trial would last 5 seconds and would be one question.
District Attorney: Is this the person that raped you?
Victim:Yes.
What is the defense going to do? Drill here on if she is really really really sure she was raped?

I people want to put BTC where there mouth is and I'll get a Judge's Bench book and show y'all jury instructions for a rape trial.

Comments like this

I am really glad you aren't an attorney. That is completely laughable.

In fact, your entire post is ridiculous.  It doesn't matter what the attacker thinks, if there is no consent or the person is unable to give their consent, then it's rape, period.
prove it's amateur hour. Reality doesn't fit into pre-canned responses.

There is a lot of mixing of apples and oranges. There is a distinction between determining whether a rape occurred and concluding a rape occurred and attempting to justify the act ex post facto.
d'aniel

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:19:55 PM

I disliked his statement profoundly, so your original theory doesn't hold.
If my "theory" gets Matthew to take a breather before his next well-deserved verbal beating, then it achieved its purpose.
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:32:41 PM

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
Blackout

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 05:36:53 PM

Ok everybody break it up.

Pattaya is obviously a bad idea and no one wants it let's just stick to that and move on to productive new measures and everyone stop bashing each other. Yeah there's some ugly stuff found and this thread has turned even uglier.

Lifestyles and bitcoin should be kept separate.
repeat
Lifestyles and bitcoin should be kept separate.

Let's close this bitch fest down and focus on cleaning up and
moving on.  

- Blackout

http://blackout.com
Insane writings for an Outsane world: http://blackoutsblog.com

Blackout Radio on android or iphone DL TuneIn APP & search for Blackout Radio http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=136506

https://secure.btcontilt.com/register.php?referred=Blackout (BTC Poker)
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:37:11 PM

Bruce started his own thread, it's just as bad
buttcoin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 07:43:50 PM

I just have to say ...

I'm as gay as they come and I think this is a terrible choice for a Bitcoin conference.

Call me naïve, or just plain slow, for it was exactly two days ago I thought to myself if there's a direct correlation between a member on this board named Buttcoin and the why he chose that moniker. Reason being, I seem to always wear one of those eye thingies racehorses wear to keep them looking straight ahead. Sexual orientation of a member is the last thing on my mind, although, some may argue, sex is the first thing on my mind. I used to, and sometimes still do, fantasize about going to a foreign land and fucking the shit out of some young girl (remember, this is just a sexual fantasy, and pretty sure I wouldn't do it). That said, I strongly feel that Pattaya and Bitcoin is like Exxon oil and the Yellowstone River: Two great things, but don't mix them together, for if you do, the media will have a heyday with the slightest drop of trouble.

Thank you kindly, wolfaur, for your comment.

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

I chose the name buttcoin because bitcoin kinda sounds like buttcoin and it's funny

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:15:37 PM

I just have to say ...

I'm as gay as they come and I think this is a terrible choice for a Bitcoin conference.

Call me naïve, or just plain slow, for it was exactly two days ago I thought to myself if there's a direct correlation between a member on this board named Buttcoin and the why he chose that moniker. Reason being, I seem to always wear one of those eye thingies racehorses wear to keep them looking straight ahead. Sexual orientation of a member is the last thing on my mind, although, some may argue, sex is the first thing on my mind. I used to, and sometimes still do, fantasize about going to a foreign land and fucking the shit out of some young girl (remember, this is just a sexual fantasy, and pretty sure I wouldn't do it). That said, I strongly feel that Pattaya and Bitcoin is like Exxon oil and the Yellowstone River: Two great things, but don't mix them together, for if you do, the media will have a heyday with the slightest drop of trouble.

Thank you kindly, wolfaur, for your comment.

I chose the name buttcoin because bitcoin kinda sounds like buttcoin and it's funny

Thank you kindly, buttcoin, for making that clear to me. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2012, 02:29:01 PM

Just would like to say that Pattaya is not the best place in Thailand for a visit (maybe one of the worst because of the western influence/pollution) but many claims made in this thread are absurd. Also many of the claims are just as valid in most western parts of the world. Keep in mind the problems in Pattaya are only there because of the actions of westerners and do not reflect Thai people or culture.

If the community wanted to set up an event in Thailand the best place to reach Thais would be BKK. Phuket and Samui have the same issues that you do not like in Pattaya but less due to less westerners. If you would like a real Thai Island I would try Koh Chang.

Appreciate the advice. The problem wasn't that we think Pattaya has nothing but child sex trafficking, it's that Bruce Wagner was linked to Pattaya in his past for having had sex with boys there, and we believe his persistence in going to Pattaya specifically had less to do with Bitcoin, and more to do with Boy-coining.

Hindsight dictates that we should have given Bruce a little more credit when he implemented this idea. He's the only man that could have pulled this off in Pattaya with a three-prong approach: Business; Pleasure; and Profit. Within the golden-triangle, it's simply referred to as BPP.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: