Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining wont work :( please help  (Read 1476 times)
awais3344 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:33:30 AM

I have asus 7950 with windows 7, and r9 280x with windows 8. R9 280x works fine with solo mining.

But this 7950 with windows 7. It never fucking works. I tried blakecoin, monacoin, onlinegamingcoin and other so many coins with simple configs like

listen=1
gen=0
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=aaa
rpcpassword=abc
rpcport=8772
server=1
daemon=1
addnode=162.243.133.80
addnode=162.243.14.130
addnode=146.185.135.24
addnode=184.171.247.23

No matter what. This same file will work on my windows 8. Same fucking file wont work with windows 7.

Client is running and has fully synced.
I am able to pool mine.
There is no typo and no errors. BUT IT WONT WORK  Huh  Huh

Someone help me out    Sad

Example
onlinegamingcoin.conf file

rpcuser=abb
rpcpassword=abdc
rpcport=52686
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=62.4.12.38

cgminer.
cgminer --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:52686 -u abb -p abdc -I 13 -g2 --thread-concurrency 8192

It is stuck on "started cgminer 3.7 bla bla" for 2-3 minutes, then shows a few lines of errors probably some pool not found and then closes immediately.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:55:07 AM

Where is your .conf file located in your Windows 7?
It should be in <YourSystemDisk>\Users\<YourProfile>\AppData\Roaming\<YourMiningCoin>\.conf

Try cgminer with less version number, e.g. 3.3.x
Create run_mining.bat file in cgminer directory, add these lines into file:
cgminer --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:52686 -u abb -p abdc -I 13 -g2 --thread-concurrency 8192
pause

Then cgminer window doesn't close immediately.

Are you using separate wallet instance for every PC? If not, you should add rpcallowip=192.168.1.* in .conf, e.g. home network mask.

lonesoul

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:57:08 AM

It should be in <YourSystemDisk>\Users\<YourProfile>\AppData\Roaming\<YourMiningCoin>\.conf

pause

I think you might want to change the ip to have the port number of your actual config instead of the sample on you mentioned.

otherwise it might just confuse matters ;-)

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

pause

hi, thanks for the reply. Yes. xxxcoin.conf is located in the correct xxxcoin folder in Appdata.

I used cgminer 3.1.1 as well. Can you give me 3.3.x's download link and I will try that out that might work? Even though I doubt it will because same files and settings work on my windows 8.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:03:32 AM

pause

I think you might want to change the ip to have the port number of your actual config instead of the sample on you mentioned.

otherwise it might just confuse matters ;-)

I tried to use that port with correct coin Wink

NEOSCOIN
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:07:23 AM

THIS.

NEOSCOIN
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:13:15 AM

try to use localhost:52686 instead http://127.0.0.1:52686

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Honourablequest

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

I know how frustrated you must feel ... Huh

onlinegaming Roll Eyes

Use:

rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7998
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
listen=0
addnode=62.4.12.38
addnode=62.4.13.198
addnode=219.153.36.203
addnode=93.89.117.211
addnode=141.0.117.16:52687
addnode=24.49.48.205

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:7998  -u xxx -p x

Note: The port changes - do exactly like this.

PS: Ensure firewall open on this port.

OGC: oQapgNmPa4kZtUEWB3gCaSbcQZygnEJ3DB
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:20:02 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:05:59 AM by johnngbluntzky

don't know if this will help but i'll post it anyway, sent it to someone earlier who asked me how to do it;

goes like this, cuz i'm not sure what parts of the process you may or not be familiar with.

DOWNLOAD xxxcoin wallet.zip/rar -> EXTRACT-> open xxxcoinwallet-qt.exe -> let it FULLY SYNC  *** if it does not detect a block chain source within 10 minutes, delete the extracted wallet folder, delete the appdata/xxxcoin folder, empty trash, and extract and run the xxxcoinwallet .exe again. it should sync eventually.

from there, once your wallet has FULLY SYNCED,

CLOSE WALLET -> BROWSE to user/appdata/roaming/xxxcoin

CREATE a text file in notepad inside of this folder, RENAME it to xxxcoin.conf (MAKE SURE file extensions -ARE- shown, this can be disabled/enabled in control panel-folder options)

ENTER TEXT into xxxcoin.conf; these details;

daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
rpcuser=USERNAME <<<--- SAME USERNAME AS WHAT IS ENTERED INTO CGMINER SCRIPT
rpcpassword=PASSWORD  <<<----- SAME PASSWORD AS WHAT IS ENTERED INTO CGMINER SCRIPT
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port= WHATEVER YOU WANT.. i think (i always set it one number lower than RPCPORT)
rpcport=XXXXXX <<<--- SPECIFIC TO EACH COIN, CHECK ORIGINAL POST OF XXXCOIN FOR THESE DETAILS
addnode=XXXXXX <<<--- SPECIFIC TO EACH COIN, MAY OR MAY NOT BE NECESSARY, CHECK ORIGINAL POST

SAVE AS xxxcoin.conf in YOURPCNAME/APPDATA/ROAMING/XXXCOIN

NOW, BROWSE to xxxcoin wallet folder, containing xxxcoin-qt.exe
CREATE a text file, NAME it start.bat
RIGHT CLICK, EDIT FILE, INPUT;
xxxcoin-qt.exe -server
SAVE as start.bat (must be .bat, not .txt, make sure extensions are allowed to be shown)

RUN start.bat, you should see a CMD WINDOW pop up, and then the wallet will load and SYNC.
Once the wallet is FULLY SYNCED
RUN YOUR CGMINER SOLO SCRIPT, IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS;

cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:XXXXX -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -I 12 -w 128

I also use these flags for my 3 R9 290X's

-I 20,18,20 -w 128 --thread-concurrency=32764 --temp-cutoff 96 --temp-overheat 94 --temp-target 80 --gpu-fan 40-100 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 1000,917,917 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 -g 1 --lookup-gap 2 --no-submit-stale

so in the end xxxcoinsolo.bat file looks like cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:XXXXX -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -I 12 -w 128 -I 20,18,20 -w 128 --thread-concurrency=32764 --temp-cutoff 96 --temp-overheat 94 --temp-target 80 --gpu-fan 40-100 --auto-fan --gpu-engine 1000,917,917 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 -g 1 --lookup-gap 2 --no-submit-stale

XXXXx (RPCport #), and username and password have to match the xxxcoin.conf file

run cgminer script, should say something about NO LONGPOLL FOUND,  watch for block detection.. whether they are rejected or accepted, you are successfully solo mining. You can also use whatever extra cgminer flags in the script after the example.

awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:22:31 AM

I know how frustrated you must feel ... Huh

onlinegaming Roll Eyes

Use:

rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=7998
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
listen=0
addnode=62.4.12.38
addnode=62.4.13.198
addnode=219.153.36.203
addnode=93.89.117.211
addnode=141.0.117.16:52687
addnode=24.49.48.205

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:7998  -u xxx -p x

Note: The port changes - do exactly like this.

PS: Ensure firewall open on this port.

OGC: oQapgNmPa4kZtUEWB3gCaSbcQZygnEJ3DB

Nothing worked Sad I tried with other coins as well. Wonder how they work fine on my home pc. I completely disabled the firewall and my avast antivirus and still not working Sad

NEOSCOIN
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:25:07 AM

don't know if this will help but i'll post it anyway, sent it to someone earlier who asked me how to do it;

goes like this, cuz i'm not sure what parts of the process you may or not be familiar with.

DOWNLOAD xxxcoin wallet.zip/rar -> EXTRACT-> open xxxcoinwallet-qt.exe -> let it FULLY SYNC  *** if it does not detect a block chain source within 10 minutes, delete the extracted wallet folder, delete the appdata/xxxcoin folder, empty trash, and extract and run the xxxcoinwallet .exe again. it should sync eventually.

from there, once your wallet has FULLY SYNCED,

CLOSE WALLET -> BROWSE to user/appdata/roaming/xxxcoin

CREATE a text file in notepad inside of this folder, RENAME it to xxxcoin.conf (MAKE SURE file extensions -ARE- shown, this can be disabled/enabled in control panel-folder options)

ENTER TEXT into xxxcoin.conf; these details;

daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
rpcuser=USERNAME <<<--- SAME USERNAME AS WHAT IS ENTERED INTO CGMINER SCRIPT
rpcpassword=PASSWORD  <<<----- SAME PASSWORD AS WHAT IS ENTERED INTO CGMINER SCRIPT
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
port= WHATEVER YOU WANT.. i think (i always set it one number lower than RPCPORT)
rpcport=XXXXXX <<<--- SPECIFIC TO EACH COIN, CHECK ORIGINAL POST OF XXXCOIN FOR THESE DETAILS
addnode=XXXXXX <<<--- SPECIFIC TO EACH COIN, MAY OR MAY NOT BE NECESSARY, CHECK ORIGINAL POST

SAVE AS xxxcoin.conf in YOURPCNAME/APPDATA/ROAMING/XXXCOIN

NOW, BROWSE to xxxcoin wallet folder, containing xxxcoin-qt.exe
CREATE a text file, NAME it start.bat
RIGHT CLICK, EDIT FILE, INPUT;
xxxcoin-qt.exe -server
SAVE as start.bat

RUN start.bat, you should see a CMD WINDOW pop up, and then the wallet will load and SYNC.
Once the wallet is FULLY SYNCED
RUN YOUR CGMINER SOLO SCRIPT, IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS;

cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:XXXXX -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -I 12 -w 512

XXXXx (RPCport #), and username and password have to match the xxxcoin.conf file

run cgminer script, should say something about NO LONGPOLL FOUND,  watch for block detection.. whether they are rejected or accepted, you are successfully solo mining. You can also use whatever extra cgminer flags in the script after the example.

been doing that :p well this shit has cost me so much. I'd made more coins by solo. its way better for me. I know all the steps and done everything already. Works on windows 8 pc just fine Sad

NEOSCOIN
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:25:42 AM

try to use localhost:52686 instead http://127.0.0.1:52686

didnt work.

NEOSCOIN
alphateam

Activity: 1036
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:28:53 AM

Try this

cgminer -a scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:52686 -u abb -p abdc -I 13 -g2 --thread-concurrency 8192
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:32:04 AM

usially the most simple things are wrong.
please check your rpcuser and rpcpassword in .conf file and in .bat file. are they the same? Smiley

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

usially the most simple things are wrong.
please check your rpcuser and rpcpassword in .conf file and in .bat file. are they the same? Smiley

yes, copied the same files to home, they work there. Problem is not in the files, I tried every coin out there. Problem is with something else on windows, which i cant figure thought someone here might know. well.

NEOSCOIN
Buratino
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:46:58 AM

Check running windows network services in Admin panel.

Honourablequest

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:48:30 AM

All very good advice given here Cool

The problem is thus not with your conf or bat files.

It could be your wallet is not open in server mode - open before running the bat file.
Buratino
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:51:36 AM

All very good advice given here Cool

The problem is thus not with your conf or bat files.

It could be your wallet is not open in server mode - open before running the bat file.

These parameters
daemon=1
server=1
in .conf activate server mode.

awais3344 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:15:54 PM

Check running windows network services in Admin panel.

what to look for exactly? could you explain a bit?

NEOSCOIN
lichao1395427

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

it do not need  http://    try again
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: