Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:38:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHS] Shares [Second Generation Crypto Currency] [Project Announcement]  (Read 30052 times)
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:36:26 PM

another scam
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:28:39 PM

Why just not use Tor? Not only is that easier to implement but it would promote the use of Tor, which is a good thing.

vtbean79

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:49:31 PM

This is the most painfully obvious scam I've seen on this forum to date.

All you suckers who sent in money, what the fuck are you thinking?

I was just saying to my friend that this is the best way to release a scam coin, getting money upfront and having pretend users saying they have put btc into it. Look I am not saying this is the case but
if I were to do a scam coin this is probably the best way to do it.

Not to Hi-Jack this thread but wait for some iCoin news coming out this week. Something real Smiley

The scam accusations that get thrown around these forums have really become ridiculous. I recommend you familiarize yourself with "Occam's Razor":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Occam's Razor states that among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Hypothesis #1:

User "Block_Erupter" creates an account 5 months ago with the intention of defrauding people
Block_Erupter then spends a total of 4 days and 17 hours on this forum posting 248 times
Block_Erupter then proceeds to create his own coin called Frozen
Block_Erupter then creates a fake story about Chinese developers and a new crypto so he can collect BTC and defraud users of this forum
Block_Erupter then creates fake accounts and/or pays people to state they have invested in the new project

Hypothesis #2:

Block_Erupter, a cryptocurrency enthusiast who has already created his own coin, was approached by Chinese devs who asked him to be the spokesperson for their new project. Anyone is free to partake in the presale or not.

Which hypothesis makes less assumptions?

Tip #2: Always look at possible motivation behind the scam accusing poster

Hazard has a cryptocurrency review site where he is trying to sell memberships. Someone else comes along saying this could very well be a scam and then casually tries to steer you towards another cryptocurrency.

The best tip you will ever get - don't listen to me, and most definitely don't listen to these guys. If I listened to people, I would never have made any money. They told me I was falling for a scam when I was buying BTC at $3. They told me I was falling for a scam when I bought PPC at 30 cents. When I bought 1 million QRK for $500 this summer, someone literally told me I might as well flushed my money down the toilet.

Do your own research, listen to your own mind and gut and ignore 99% of the people out there who are simply looking out for their own best interests while pretending to give you advice or do you some sort of favour.

Nicely put.  Exactly my thinking.  Just don't invest more than you can afford to loose.  That's all. 
markn

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:11:55 PM

Stay away, seems like a scam. It uses some of the same sentences that we used in our description.: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395758.0
Announcement released approximately 2 hours after our release.

Date Registered - December 30, 2013, 10:21:39 PM
Vero- Expects users to donate 50 BTC for a Crypto Coin that has probably the stupidest name I've ever seen.

It is a waste of time to reply these V*********
Instead of building at least a website they accuse other projects....
however I must say, that on the first day when they published first post they attract my attention but very soon they lost it. I already wrote some warnings on VSC for those who have at least half a brain and are still able to use thier intellect but unfortunately there are always many people without any functioning braincells who blindly follow anyone who promise heaven on earth for free for everybody.....

For other people who got bored by flushing money to toilets  Grin go ahead and send these amateurs something, they apparently run out of beer and weed and are dope sick so they are not capable to fabricate even a bit beleivable story why they need money.  But dont expect to hear thank you from them they are too busy Grin They just copy and paste the shit to new threads everyday, changing only the BTC address where you should send the money.  Grin
Block_Erupter (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:14:42 AM

Updated everyone to the list. If I forgot you, please pm me.

Block_Erupter (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:21:07 AM

Why just not use Tor? Not only is that easier to implement but it would promote the use of Tor, which is a good thing.

I'm pretty sure Tor is backdoor-ed. That's why were creating something Like Tor, but not backdoored

decrypter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:25:52 AM

S
C
A
M
sandor111

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:35:39 AM

I'm pretty sure Tor is backdoor-ed. That's why were creating something Like Tor, but not backdoored

There is no backdoor in Tor.
And Tor is co-developed by Jacob Appelbaum, who is one of the world leading security experts and if you haven't watched one of his talks on Youtube, well you should... He would never let such a thing happen.
Not to mention that it's open source and peer-reviewed, so anyone could see if it's backdoored.

decrypter

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:38:42 AM

And Tor is co-developed by Jacob Appelbaum, who is one of the world leading security experts and if you haven't watched one of his talks on Youtube, well you should... He would never let such a thing happen.
Not to mention that it's open source and peer-reviewed, so anyone could see if it's backdoored.

Don't waste your time talking sense to the scammers.
Next thing you know he will be saying they can't use the internet because it has a security flaws, and they are going to invent their own newer better internet which you can only use by sending them BTC.

Blah blah blah, scam scam scam.
sandor111

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:42:26 AM

Don't waste your time talking sense to the scammers.
Next thing you know he will be saying they can't use the internet because it has a security flaws, and they are going to invent their own newer better internet which you can only use by sending them BTC.

Blah blah blah, scam scam scam.

Well he had some credibility, because he is associated with Frozen. I said he had, until he mindfucked me by saying that Tor is backdoored.

zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:10:36 AM

Since Snowden, I can respect a healthy degree of skepticism when it comes to internet security.. That said, I'm personally of the impression that TOR is pretty darn solid (if a bit slow).

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
cryptonoob50khs

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:15:04 AM

watching
Andj

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:20:42 AM

Therefore mining with no Shares will be like mining Bitcoin with 10Khs.

So the botnet master will be happily mining even with very low speed?

•No Fees

How can you prevent someone issue thousand millions transaction to ddos & destroy the network?
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:21:41 AM

It's a Scam
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:29:45 AM

It's a Scam

You seem to say that a lot :p  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=180477;sa=showPosts

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Block_Erupter (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:32:08 AM

Therefore mining with no Shares will be like mining Bitcoin with 10Khs.

So the botnet master will be happily mining even with very low speed?

•No Fees

How can you prevent someone issue thousand millions transaction to ddos & destroy the network?

That is correct. Using Big Botnets will kill the coin instantly, their is security step that doesn't allow it. Their will be fees but the fees will be like 1/100 of a Share

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:33:34 AM

S
C
A
M

Says the poster who registered a week ago and has used his knowledge and insight to post similar comments on the NXT forums. "I just joined these forums but have been messing around with alt-coins for about a month now."

Lurk, listen and learn - don't just post because you can. Now you're on my ignore list.

decrypter

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 01:38:42 AM

S
C
A
M

Says the poster who registered a week ago and has used his knowledge and insight to post similar comments on the NXT forums. "I just joined these forums but have been messing around with alt-coins for about a month now."

Lurk, listen and learn - don't just post because you can. Now you're on my ignore list.

Oh great wise one, have I upset you? Perhaps you'd think twice before presuming that I have no other knowledge simply because I haven't been here as long as you have? I was just born a month ago, and have no other experience in anything or in life. Sorry for stating my opinion. I wasn't informed that you own these public forums and I needed your permission before speaking.
I apologize.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:14:18 AM

shouldnt the presale be closed now that 40BTC has been sent?

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Block_Erupter (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:51:46 AM

shouldnt the presale be closed now that 40BTC has been sent?

Yes it is. The second Ipo is coming soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: