Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:57:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It looks like the new wave of clones has ENDED - YAY only a few will survive  (Read 935 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:26:12 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 07:16:39 PM by cryptohunter

With most of the coins in the last couple of days dying or dead already it seems more and more releases are being ignored as the last wave of miners learn not to waste hash on them and mine something that returns value.

So it seems so far from the last wave a few really did catch on and will stay around..

doge
cat
eac
billion
lotto

seem to be the main contenders

also could do well
moon
qqc
kitteh
tips
rpc
ogc
velocity

the rest seem to have been buried.

More and more coins pouring out daily, most will be a complete waste of time.

tr011 coin deserves a mention - was an early release even had windows wallets and no premine....and should have done better, seems the name didn't go down a storm.
I mined 30 blocks for my crypto mantle piece.

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:29:10 PM

As much hash power as there is, there's only so much hashing power available, and there are so many coins now that people are beginning to get picky.

Which is exactly what we want.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Davidbc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

I'd put kitteh on the list. It will soon be added on exchanges and grow rapidly.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:33:03 PM

I'd put kitteh on the list. It will soon be added on exchanges and grow rapidly.

kitteh already there Smiley yep will probably make it too.

Bradlu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:38:34 PM

My guess is RPC will make it to an exchange next. It has a loyal following and pretty good hash power thrown it's way for the little fan fair that the launch received. I'm still mining it.
black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:41:46 PM

mmhh it seems that just because a coin is accepted on a shitty exchange people starts to think that there is something good about it
Fast is, there is nothing good unless you are on the SELL side (and BUY side to manipulate the price, of course!)
Anyway, doge will annoy us a bit more the rest will fade away quickly. Maybe mooncoin
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

mmhh it seems that just because a coin is accepted on a shitty exchange people starts to think that there is something good about it
Fast is, there is nothing good unless you are on the SELL side (and BUY side to manipulate the price, of course!)
Anyway, doge will annoy us a bit more the rest will fade away quickly. Maybe mooncoin

agreed, there seems nothing new or innovative about any of them....but since new miners will remember them as their first coins i don't think they will be dying anytime soon.

Although i think exchanges are starting to realise adding every shitclone will eventually not be good for them. It seems cryptsy is taking a bit of pause before every new coin gets added.

The good thing about 10 coins per day is that now people start not to bother with them Smiley

waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

Maybe mooncoin
Mooncoin is already dying, down to 9 satoshis now and a very low buy volume in the only exchange they have, not much time left till it joins fedoracoin at the bottom of the barrel.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

Maybe mooncoin
Mooncoin is already dying, down to 9 satoshis now and a very low buy volume in the only exchange they have, not much time left till it joins fedoracoin at the bottom of the barrel.

But wait, it is called moon coin? how is this possible? oh well bye bye moon coin - more hash i wasted for 20 mins.

VST

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 6201360213601060620620192233720368547758

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:56:52 PM

Maybe mooncoin

Mooncoin's going to be added to more exchanges soon, I wouldn't count it out just yet

I'm Kanye West
nicksly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

MONA, the japanese coin
no premine, launch was okay
and it's japanese, so its kawai
WAIT !
KAWAI COIN ! it WILL WORK!

sorry guys
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

There's a catcoin and kittehcoin but no catecoin? Oh, well. Crap naming's nothing new. Any reasonable person would've named Sexcoin Groincoin.
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:12:07 PM

Cagecoin shall rule them all!!!!
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

dumping doge future to be CAGERICH

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

Seems to have attracted some miners, i like cage - very likeable actor. Let's see in a week or two about that one, could be one of the last to squeak through.

waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:21:58 PM

Maybe mooncoin

Mooncoin's going to be added to more exchanges soon, I wouldn't count it out just yet
only dumpers are mining mooncoin. 590 million mooncoin for sale, only about 9 BTC buy volume.
You can add it to a thousand exchanges, and that will still not give value to a dump and dump coin (there's no room for pumping here).

to the bottom of the barrel!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: