Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing all hope  (Read 6894 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:17:07 PM

Be happy to have fiat at all to buy these precious bitcoins because many die hard believers just struggle to make their ends meet and can afford only to invest 100 euros to bitcoin. My friend would have seriously taken loan from bank exactly a year ago just to buy bitcoins but no bank gave him loan because he doesn't have a job or anything, he's living in his parents' cellar.

He should get a job... Don't do anything and want money to speculate?
Grow up, get your own money and become rich.
Not always possible to get a job. I'm basically unemployable because I never finished a higher education, and all the unskilled jobs are taken by immigrants. If not for my old man being just barely smart enough to see the potential here, I would not have had any meaningful amount of fiat to invest.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:18:48 PM

I do believe in btc, I just want a good buy in price. I doubt anyone would be here if they didn't believe in this, lighten up. I'm waiting until next month, this rise is all China and things are way to uncertain over there right now.
Anyone who thinks this rise is Americans who learned about btc from their relatives over Christmas, wake the fuck up and check the volume charts.
jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:21:01 PM

There is a more affordable alternative you know, like litecoin.

Forget Litecoin!  If you want something truly affordable, I would be willing to sell you my entire sand collection, consisting of over 100,000 grains, for the incredibly low price of just $1,000.  That's less than 1 cent each!  I'll even throw in free shipping!

Just because something has a low price doesn't make it a worthwhile investment.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

Be happy to have fiat at all to buy these precious bitcoins because many die hard believers just struggle to make their ends meet and can afford only to invest 100 euros to bitcoin. My friend would have seriously taken loan from bank exactly a year ago just to buy bitcoins but no bank gave him loan because he doesn't have a job or anything, he's living in his parents' cellar.

Not always possible to get a job. I'm basically unemployable because I never finished a higher education, and all the unskilled jobs are taken by immigrants. If not for my old man being just barely smart enough to see the potential here, I would not have had any meaningful amount of fiat to invest.
For many thousands the only difference between you and someone with a diploma is student loan debt, don't kick yourself too hard for missing that boat.
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:31:48 PM

Poor people complaining about beeing poor and don't do anything about it -> make me sick!

Being poor in America is a choice.  A choice to goof off in school.  A choice to play video games instead of reading books.  A choice to watch reality TV instead of C-Span or CNBC.  A choice to do as little as possible at work instead of working for a promotion.  A choice to socialize on Facebook instead of LinkedIn.  A choice to spend money on cigarettes, beer, and entertainment instead of investing for the future.

In many cases the rich are rich because they are not lazy.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:36:52 PM

Being poor in America is a choice.  A choice to goof off in school.  A choice to play video games instead of reading books.  A choice to watch reality TV instead of C-Span or CNBC.  A choice to do as little as possible at work instead of working for a promotion.  A choice to socialize on Facebook instead of LinkedIn.  A choice to spend money on cigarettes, beer, and entertainment instead of investing for the future.

You forgot to mention the choice to cop out and be a parasitic employee instead of getting off one's lazy ass and starting one's own business.
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:38:33 PM

I am losing all hope of ever buying Bitcoin cheap again Sad

Who else is starting to feel like $500 BTC is never gonna happen?Huh

It went down to $500 already a few times, we are looking at the build up for the next bubble now.
After the next bubble you will be able to buy plenty for $500, just wait
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Poor people complaining about beeing poor and don't do anything about it -> make me sick!

Yes, he is quite a slacker. During the time bitcoin was 4.5$ each I was working my ass off while also getting a diploma Cheesy, so I pretty much share your view on this. But then again, you can't judge a book by its cover, I believe there are people who differ from you just by not being in the right place at the right time. is this their fault too?

I was lucky to discover bitcoin exactly at the time when I was working and had a lot of fiat just lying around and guess what - the friend who introduced me bitcoin is a total slacker living with his parents and just wanted to buy drugs with bitcoins except he didn't have any money so he told me about this great technology.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:49:49 PM

Then there are those of us unfortunate enough to be born into a country we hate. I see absolutely nothing good in my country. The climate is terrible, the economy is horrid, the politicians are communists and the people are psychopaths. All I ever wanted for the past ten years is out. This does nothing to incentivise taking an education or trying very hard at work. Then along came bitcoin, the only honest money in the world at this point, and a way off the frozen asshole of the world.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:55:04 PM

Then there are those of us unfortunate enough to be born into a country we hate. I see absolutely nothing good in my country. The climate is terrible, the economy is horrid, the politicians are communists and the people are psychopaths. All I ever wanted for the past ten years is out. This does nothing to incentivise taking an education or trying very hard at work. Then along came bitcoin, the only honest money in the world at this point, and a way off the frozen asshole of the world.

Where do you live?

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

Where do you live?
Denmark.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:00:06 PM

Where do you live?
Denmark.

I fail to see how Bitcoin will solve your problems.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:02:21 PM

Where do you live?
Denmark.

By giving enough ROI to travel until I find somewhere worth living? This is an expensive process.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:28:35 PM

Where do you live?
Denmark.

Wow. From the way you described it, I thought you came from a former member of Soviet Union.

I'd always thought of Denmark as one of the more civilized countries... liberal social mores, strong social safety network, Nordic Model democracy, etc.

I guess I was wrong.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:37:32 PM

Where do you live?
Denmark.

By giving enough ROI to travel until I find somewhere worth living? This is an expensive process.

But you will still be unemployable because you have no skills. Moving has solved nothing.
You need a trade/skill so employers want you. That goes for anywhere in the world, not just Denmark.

Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 04:39:15 PM

Wow. From the way you described it, I thought you came from a former member of Soviet Union.

I'd always thought of Denmark as one of the more civilized countries... liberal social mores, strong social safety network, Nordic Model democracy, etc.

I guess I was wrong.

You were not wrong. Denmark is absolutly ok.
Ibian is one of the butthurt immigrants unwilling to do something. He should go back, where he came from.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:46:30 PM

It's getting there. Slowly but surely, it's obvious to anyone who has studied a bit of history.

I guess I was wrong.
Countries like to pretend. It's like selfies on facebook, only on a national scale.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:48:36 PM

Where do you live?
Denmark.

But you will still be unemployable because you have no skills. Moving has solved nothing.
You need a trade/skill so employers want you. That goes for anywhere in the world, not just Denmark.

Not quite. I don't have the proper paperwork for most jobs, and the rest are taken by immigrants. That's only a problem in countries that focus excessively on paper credentials and immigration of unskilled labor. The climate is as big a problem as both of those as well.

And if bitcoin really takes off then I won't have to work again. Nobody here will.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 04:52:28 PM

I guess I was wrong.

You were not wrong. Denmark is absolutly ok.
Ibian is one of the butthurt immigrants unwilling to do something. He should go back, where he came from.

These damn immigrants. I'm happy that Estonia is a cold, poor and racist enough country to keep away these parasites. I would move even farther to the north where is even more cold so that people from warm countries wouldn't want to slack around where I live. You can't just come here and start living in a TV box because you would freeze to death. I believe that's also the reason why southern Europe has so big immigration problem.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Kramerc

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:53:08 PM

Why would you not want to work? Working, and having your own business especially, is great.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: