Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:38:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing all hope  (Read 6894 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:54:42 PM

Why would you not want to work? Working, and having your own business especially, is great.
Great for the fortunate few who enjoy it. But there is a difference between a hobby you get paid for and a chore you get paid for.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

To hear everyone else talk, Denmark is a utopia that America should be trying to achieve...

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:57:38 PM

I am losing all hope of ever buying Bitcoin cheap again Sad

Who else is starting to feel like $500 BTC is never gonna happen?Huh

I think We might see $500 again but it won't last long, when ? I can't say may also never happen.

There is a more affordable alternative you know, like litecoin.

They were $455 on December 17th.  You should have pulled the trigger then.

That were the times where people were crying that it is the end of bitcoin, don´t buy, panic sell because it will go down to cents and so on  Roll Eyes

So I also listened to these masters and did not buy. At least I holded. Sometimes it is better to make your own decisions....

If BTC will go down to $500 again then the same things will happen all over again. "This time it is different" "It is the end" "It is over"...
Kramerc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:58:23 PM

Why would you not want to work? Working, and having your own business especially, is great.
Great for the fortunate few who enjoy it. But there is a difference between a hobby you get paid for and a chore you get paid for.

Get involved in working in an area that you enjoy. And if you can't, first work anywhere you can find, while also keeping an interest in the field you like. And then you'll surely find a job in that specific field.

I think one needs to find a purpose before one can be happy. No matter how many millions a bitcoin is worth.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

+1

Working gives you a purpose in life. Not everyone hates their job.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:03:22 PM

+1

I guess some people just have a slave mentality. It's weird. For me the question is why would you want to. Better to do what you want, and then it's a hobby even if you get paid for it. But even for people who like to work, surely it would still be better to be able to decide that you don't need this job. Most people don't have even that kind of luxury.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:05:27 PM

I believe in being productive. That's conducive to feeling worthwhile. A work ethic for its own sake does not.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

These damn immigrants. I'm happy that Estonia is a cold, poor and racist enough country to keep away these parasites. I would move even farther to the north where is even more cold so that people from warm countries wouldn't want to slack around where I live. You can't just come here and start living in a TV box because you would freeze to death. I believe that's also the reason why southern Europe has so big immigration problem.

As is pretty obvious, I live in Toronto, Ontario. When I checked the weather this morning, it was -23c with a windchill of -35c.

More than half the population of Toronto consists of immigrants. As a Canadian-born white Engish-as-first-language speaker, I am a member of the minority.

Most homeless people and panhandlers seem to be Canadian-born.

I smell xenophobia.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:07:55 PM

I believe in being productive. That's conducive to feeling worthwhile. A work ethic for its own sake does not.
This I can agree with. It's just that not all work is productive and not all productivity falls under work.

Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:16:47 PM

Not quite. I don't have the proper paperwork for most jobs, and the rest are taken by immigrants. That's only a problem in countries that focus excessively on paper credentials and immigration of unskilled labor. The climate is as big a problem as both of those as well.

And if bitcoin really takes off then I won't have to work again. Nobody here will.

So you are even worse. You just don't want to work... If bitcoin really takes off, it would be the most successfull redistribution of wealth.
Last question: Are you an immigrant? Or just a lazy boy? No school finished? Just played video games and smoked pot?
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:23:23 PM

never lose hope

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:28:25 PM

Then there are those of us unfortunate enough to be born into a country we hate. I see absolutely nothing good in my country. The climate is terrible, the economy is horrid, the politicians are communists and the people are psychopaths. All I ever wanted for the past ten years is out. This does nothing to incentivise taking an education or trying very hard at work. Then along came bitcoin, the only honest money in the world at this point, and a way off the frozen asshole of the world.

Where do you live?
Denmark.

Wow, you are definitely a square peg Ibian...   http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/22/denmark-happiest-country_n_4070761.html

No matter where you go, there you are.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:28:51 PM

I've had periods of my life where I didn't have to work. It awarded me the freedom to pursue things that really interested me that did turn into 'work' again.

If the need to acquire money is taken away then that does coax you into reflecting on a lot of things and should hopefully steer you in a constructive direction.

If I had several hundred thousand bitcoins now I'd be figuring out how to use them to make the world a better place. That would be the most productive use of anyone's time.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:31:52 PM

Not quite. I don't have the proper paperwork for most jobs, and the rest are taken by immigrants. That's only a problem in countries that focus excessively on paper credentials and immigration of unskilled labor. The climate is as big a problem as both of those as well.

And if bitcoin really takes off then I won't have to work again. Nobody here will.

So you are even worse. You just don't want to work... If bitcoin really takes off, it would be the most successfull redistribution of wealth.
Last question: Are you an immigrant? Or just a lazy boy? No school finished? Just played video games and smoked pot?

Who the fuck are you to judge someone? Not everyone is a conformist who can find their place and feel happy in their own country. You're the one being the lazy boy here by thinking only in black and white. Either someone is an immigrant, or lazy and smoking pot all day if they're not happy with their life and the society they live in... yeah right, if only it was as simple as that. Dumb shit.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:35:12 PM

Are you an immigrant too? Like to smoke pot and don't have a job?

Btw:
Have you read his posts?
He doesn't have the "paperwork".

Either he is an immigrant -> why did he choose denmark?
Or he is just a lazy guy -> his own fault

I don't blame him for doing nothing, I blame him for doing nothing and complain about it.
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:54:09 PM

Then I would suggest you travel where the immigrants come from and apply for work there. Payback time!  Roll Eyes

Ok. Unqualified and generally unwilling to work (= lazy).

Noted. Thanks.

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:54:41 PM

I am losing all hope of ever buying Bitcoin cheap again Sad

Who else is starting to feel like $500 BTC is never gonna happen?Huh

It went down to $500 already a few times, we are looking at the build up for the next bubble now.
After the next bubble you will be able to buy plenty for $500, just wait

Not sure about that.  The last major crash (November 2013) didn't get as low as the peak before the previous crash (April 2013).  The next major correction might not get below $1200.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

"A lot of people aspire to be productive so they can become happier, but happiness has been shown to lead to productivity, not the other way around."

Be humble!
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:57:49 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 07:19:33 PM by Loki8

In many cases the rich are rich because they are not lazy.

Yeah, the poor are poor because they're lazy and stupid and people are bad because they are in the 'Axis of Evil'...

Open your mind and travel a little bit more in the world, many very poor people in the third world countries work harder than you coud ever imagine.

Just remember that you are just lucky to be born into a wealthy country/family.

The great number of the wealthy were born wealthy. There are a few examples of people who were born in poverty who became rich, but this represents a small minority.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:34:22 PM

+1

I guess some people just have a slave mentality. It's weird. For me the question is why would you want to. Better to do what you want, and then it's a hobby even if you get paid for it. But even for people who like to work, surely it would still be better to be able to decide that you don't need this job. Most people don't have even that kind of luxury.

+1

There is a difference between "having to go to work" and "not having to go to work".
Some people who have shitloads of cash want a simple yet nice/fun job which has no stress.
Having your own company might seem nice but can be very stressful and probably won't be fun for everyone and especially if your not good at it.

imo luxury is "not having to work"

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: