Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:16:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on when BTC will reach $1000 again?  (Read 10336 times)
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:28:27 PM

$1,000 in coming with in 2 weeks...

Hey, you just implied it would take till March or April to reach 1.000$ - 1.200$. (Post #60)  Smiley

Btw, the timing of BTC is no coincidence... The first block was mined just a couple of months after that economical catastrophe in the fall of 2008... Satoshi knew what was up...

Haha, yes, and no. Smiley I generally don't predict any logarithmic or exponential growth in any stock or commodity.  Very rarely does it happen that way, especially over the short term.  I mainly agreed with his post about his long term views of the XBT.  Trying to predict short term runs is very difficult, in either direction.  So saying it could hit, lets say 2,000 by years end, doesn't mean it will take until June for 1,500.  It will have run-ups, pull backs, negative news, all effecting the short term price.

It's the volume right now in the current bull trend that has me thinking 1,000 before too long.  The 24hr avg volume on Gox and Stamp as gone up over 100% in the last week with a nice steady climb.  That's -usually- a good sign for continued momentum in the up direction.  We'll see...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:52:01 PM

I do think Bitcoin will go up, but I have to say it is not the stories of people buying tropical paradises etc. that keeps me interested. It is a mix of the technology + ideology + history (which makes it look very much like now is the right time for an innovation like this) + virality +... a strong hunch ! I have invested, but unless Bitcoin does go to 100,000 + per coin I will not be buying any tropical paradises!

As you are well aware, it might go to 100.000, that's a possibility...!

Who needs a tropical paradise anyways? I just need some of freedom.

Hey, I'm thinking about when to put in my last 20%, what do you think? Wait a bit longer or do it now?

On one hand, the price developement is really stable and its just going one direction - up! I have been waiting for a pullback for many days, but it just doesn't come. On the other hand, price almost always comes back a little bit and it's not good to hurry.

Maybe I will just wait a little bit for higher volume at least.

Yeah, about that. I bought at 360. Then again at 1130. And at 700. Other than the 1130 one, everything has made a profit. I could be like so many others, wait, watch, hope for a dip. But why? Nothing is certain except that the price will go up over time. And if I had waited for an opportune moment instead of buying whenever I had a little space pocket change I would have less than I do now. The best time to buy is always as soon as possible unless you happen to have insider knowledge of a major event that will make the price dip.

I can't completely agree there. If price has just gone up a lot (like to 1.200), and you read extremely bullish sentiment all over the forum, then some pullback is likely. That's why I didn't buy at 1.200, but instead waited and bought almost at the lowest possible point afterwards (and then again a small chunk at 640).

I will admit though that China helped, and had we seen some very positive news instead, I might have had to buy in higher than 1.200.
If china had stayed in we could easily be at 1500+ now. Can't plan for what you can't predict. And yeah people are bullish. Why wouldn't we be? That's not a good reason to wait, this isn't like a normal stock.

I'm not talking about the level of bullishness we are seeing right now, but about the over-the-top level we saw when BTc was at 1200$ and people were going crazy on the forum even for shitty alt coins.

Btw, for people without trading experience you nailed it - for them, its can be a good strategy to buy whenever they have the funds.
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

Hey, you just implied it would take till March or April to reach 1.000$ - 1.200$. (Post #60)  Smiley

Btw, the timing of BTC is no coincidence... The first block was mined just a couple of months after that economical catastrophe in the fall of 2008... Satoshi knew what was up...

Haha, yes, and no. Smiley I generally don't predict any logarithmic or exponential growth in any stock or commodity.  Very rarely does it happen that way, especially over the short term.  I mainly agreed with his post about his long term views of the XBT.  Trying to predict short term runs is very difficult, in either direction.  So saying it could hit, lets say 2,000 by years end, doesn't mean it will take until June for 1,500.  It will have run-ups, pull backs, negative news, all effecting the short term price.

It's the volume right now in the current bull trend that has me thinking 1,000 before too long.  The 24hr avg volume on Gox and Stamp as gone up over 100% in the last week with a nice steady climb.  That's -usually- a good sign for continued momentum in the up direction.  We'll see...

Ha ha, ok, makes sense!  Smiley

EDIT: Is there any chart where you can see past average 24hr volume? Or can you just see the current one in that "Markets" section of bitcoincharts?
skivrmt

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:09:44 PM

Ha ha, ok, makes sense!  Smiley

EDIT: Is there any chart where you can see past average 24hr volume? Or can you just see the current one in that "Markets" section of bitcoincharts?

Hmm...great question.  If anyone knows if a site that does this they should post it.  I should not have used the word average in the 24hr volume number.  I was getting my info from bitcoincharts as well and was just going by the volume has been in the 7-11k/24hr area most of last week for each site and now it's basically doubled.  Nothing scientific!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:24:38 AM

I do think Bitcoin will go up, but I have to say it is not the stories of people buying tropical paradises etc. that keeps me interested. It is a mix of the technology + ideology + history (which makes it look very much like now is the right time for an innovation like this) + virality +... a strong hunch ! I have invested, but unless Bitcoin does go to 100,000 + per coin I will not be buying any tropical paradises!

Hey, I'm thinking about when to put in my last 20%, what do you think? Wait a bit longer or do it now?

On one hand, the price developement is really stable and its just going one direction - up! I have been waiting for a pullback for many days, but it just doesn't come. On the other hand, price almost always comes back a little bit and it's not good to hurry.

Yeah, about that. I bought at 360. Then again at 1130. And at 700. Other than the 1130 one, everything has made a profit. I could be like so many others, wait, watch, hope for a dip. But why? Nothing is certain except that the price will go up over time. And if I had waited for an opportune moment instead of buying whenever I had a little space pocket change I would have less than I do now. The best time to buy is always as soon as possible unless you happen to have insider knowledge of a major event that will make the price dip.

I can't completely agree there. If price has just gone up a lot (like to 1.200), and you read extremely bullish sentiment all over the forum, then some pullback is likely. That's why I didn't buy at 1.200, but instead waited and bought almost at the lowest possible point afterwards (and then again a small chunk at 640).

I will admit though that China helped, and had we seen some very positive news instead, I might have had to buy in higher than 1.200.
If china had stayed in we could easily be at 1500+ now. Can't plan for what you can't predict. And yeah people are bullish. Why wouldn't we be? That's not a good reason to wait, this isn't like a normal stock.

Totally agree. If China had stayed in the game, we would be hitting ATHs regularly. But the good news is we are getting ever closer to breaking through $900 again. Once that happens, $1000 will happen very soon after.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:33:19 PM

Bicoin is biggest scam in the early history,
Mining company buy bitcoion and constantly raises his prices, and again sell bitcoin, and so the circle,
its most centralized currency the world has ever seen

Check difficulity, each 10 days its up about 25-35 % , and after the bitcoin price jump about 25 - 35%.  Huh

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Cleaning mining hardware has begun, after that game iz over, will no longer be nobody that raises the price and Bitcoin is dead.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397876.0

What amazes me, is that we are not in a "bull vs bear" usual opposition, but more in a "love vs hate" relationship.
Some people just hate Bitcoin. And this is precisely what makes it real and why I think it is something which will stay around forever.

intentionally left blank
Lewis2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:36:12 PM

The next 48 hrs, my guess.

skivrmt

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

Bicoin is biggest scam in the early history,
Mining company buy bitcoion and constantly raises his prices, and again sell bitcoin, and so the circle,
its most centralized currency the world has ever seen

Check difficulity, each 10 days its up about 25-35 % , and after the bitcoin price jump about 25 - 35%.  Huh

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Cleaning mining hardware has begun, after that game iz over, will no longer be nobody that raises the price and Bitcoin is dead.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397876.0

Do we believe we didn't land on the moon either? Wink US Gov. did 9/11?

Bitcoin is what it is.  Difficulty is increasing simple because it's becoming more and more mainstream and people see the potential and are getting into the game.  And of course it has gone from a geek in his basement mining to pools combing power to huge high powered farms.
Ivica

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:30:07 PM

How about.... now?

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:43:25 PM

How about.... now?

Moderators, please close this thread Smiley

intentionally left blank
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:07:39 AM

Totally agree. If China had stayed in the game, we would be hitting ATHs regularly. But the good news is we are getting ever closer to breaking through $900 again. Once that happens, $1000 will happen very soon after.

Even quicker than I thought. but everything in bitcoinland happens quicker than I thought Smiley
sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:22:58 AM

I want to hear your thoughts on when btc will reach 1000 bucks again, feel free to share.

Tonight!!! (with any luck)
Bitbuy

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:36:10 AM

was the last ATH on Bitstamp 990?
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:23:53 AM

I want to hear your thoughts on when btc will reach 1000 bucks again, feel free to share.

Tonight!!! (with any luck)

Almost $1100 at gox now
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:38:20 PM

was the last ATH on Bitstamp 990?

empoweoqwj