Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [confirmed] SCAMMER: user Leon  (Read 14027 times)
Trini8ed

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 07:48:24 PM

Oh yeah everyone must be so happy yo see this pic i just got hope his bank gets over drafted!

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
haploid23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 10:59:33 PM

i'm still out over $800 and still have not gotten a penny back yet. i also updated the first post to consolidate the evidence as well as all his personal info i found

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 04:57:20 PM

i'm still out over $800 and still have not gotten a penny back yet. i also updated the first post to consolidate the evidence as well as all his personal info i found

I'm a little curious after reading this thread.How did you manage to find all this info about this scammer?hacking?public sources?good sleuthing? Because I also wish to protect myself from all future scammers which is why I still refuse to do any buying of items/services in BTC thanks to the reputation of poor security and ease of scammers running with the money as BTC are not reversible like credit cards and Moneybookers (The only online payment I prefer to use because of security).

For me only accepting BTC (and all non reversible payments like cash) and refusing a payment method they know is reversible (like Moneybookers) is the 1st red flag for me.Does this sound right?or am I too suspicious of every1 that refuses to accept 'proper' payment methods (PayPal,MoneyBookers,credit cards, e.t.c)?

Another red flag for me is the merchant refusing to negotiate a better price (as I've seen scammers constantly pressuring people to pay the stated price,even if it's a blatant rip-off,at least where I am anyways) and refusal to negotiate a more favourable payment for the consumer (anything that's reversible) is a scammer ,as we've all seen in this thread,scammers will go out of the way to hide their tracks,no matter what and it only takes a slip up (on part of the scammer) and we have expose threads like this (which we need more of,quite frankly) making people aware of the scammers.

If anyone is from UK,have you ever heard of a TV show called Fake Britiain?It's a show where they expose rip offs,scammers and these guys are usually caught on camera.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
logansryche

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 07:41:25 PM

Wish I found this post sooner.. then again, wish both of em used Eptiv.
That's what we get I supose for coming in on a transaction too late. >.<
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: