Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:56:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Those bitcoin weirdos might just be right - Bitcoin Litecoin & Quark (Article)  (Read 1037 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:29:04 PM

Only other Alt coin mentioned besides Litecoin was QUARK

Read More Here - http://www.spectator.co.uk/columnists/james-delingpole/9106132/those-bitcoin-weirdos-might-just-be-right/

Up to this point, I’d agree that your analysis is more or less right. And we haven’t even factored all the other reasons why you might want to avoid bitcoin — and its junior cryptocurrencies, such as Litecoin and Quark — like the plague. These include: the tremendous fiddle of buying the things; how pretty useless they are when you’ve acquired them; how hard they are to get rid of when the price starts plummeting; how vulnerable they are to theft by hackers; and the possibility that the authorities might suddenly clamp down on cryptocurrencies, as they have in China.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:01:19 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 12:18:31 AM by Colin Miner

I didn't read the article, but I just wanted to rip into the text below it.

These include: the tremendous fiddle of buying the things;
Not really difficult, and getting them will get easier; BTC ATM.

I did a localbitcoins btc buy and had BTC in minutes, online, quicker than getting foreign Fiat, I couldn't do that online.

how pretty useless they are when you’ve acquired them;
No more useless then the bits of paper notes I have in my wallet, other than exchange them for goods or services, maybe a bookmark for fiat.

how hard they are to get rid of when the price starts plummeting;
This is just silly, someone missed the whole point here. In fact you my need to use more of them to buy something so that just make it easier to get rid of them.

how vulnerable they are to theft by hackers;
Phishing email for paypal and bank accounts, make the hackers $1000s. Encrypt the wallet and take basic security steps and most of these 'hacker' problems disappear.

and the possibility that the authorities might suddenly clamp down on cryptocurrencies, as they have in China.
Have they? I bet they haven't!

Look like I just got trolled  Roll Eyes

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:04:42 AM

you got trolled indeed lol

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:04:55 AM

You’ve reached your limit of free Spectator articles for this month

Oh well! I can live with that!
Author is a troll anyway, probably posting in /b/ while writing nonsense
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:07:05 AM

Crypto currency is not yet mainstream. It still requires technical ability and knowhow.

When it becomes mainstream, most of these problems will be fixed. Fiat would have all the same problems without the services that offer them. Crypto currency will take time to develop its own services. When it does, it will be superior to fiat in a lot of ways.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:07:47 AM

Quark

Max Keiser and major Quark promoter on YouTube and most other Quarkers are people who actualy have no clue about
cryptocoins. Fall for their dumb stories and unless you are experienced trader you will be left with bags full of crap coins.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Pitstop

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

Yup! QUARK will crash in value! Avoid!!

wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

Only other Alt coin mentioned besides Litecoin was QUARK

Read More Here - http://www.spectator.co.uk/columnists/james-delingpole/9106132/those-bitcoin-weirdos-might-just-be-right/

Up to this point, I’d agree that your analysis is more or less right. And we haven’t even factored all the other reasons why you might want to avoid bitcoin — and its junior cryptocurrencies, such as Litecoin and Quark — like the plague. These include: the tremendous fiddle of buying the things; how pretty useless they are when you’ve acquired them; how hard they are to get rid of when the price starts plummeting; how vulnerable they are to theft by hackers; and the possibility that the authorities might suddenly clamp down on cryptocurrencies, as they have in China.

Congratulations for making this startling discovery!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:14:29 AM

QRK is getting mentioned everywhere, it is not going anywhere except up mid to long term.

GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:24:42 AM

Quark

Max Keiser and major Quark promoter on YouTube and most other Quarkers are people who actualy have no clue about
cryptocoins. Fall for their dumb stories and unless you are experienced trader you will be left with bags full of crap coins.

Can you inform us Quarkers that have "no clue about cryptocoins." I'm interested in hearing what solid evidence you have so I can make more of an informed decision about Quark. Right now you have said nothing to back it up. Just base off of the Quark community and how resilience they are Quark looks extremely promising. I ask as respectfully as possible. Give us a solid evidence about why Quark is bad and not just "oh QUARK BAD BAD BAD."

bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:27:41 AM

I support Max Keiser, Bill Still & Quarkcoin.
Quark works smooth, and fast. Lots of community support behind it, with people that have intelligence and enthusiasm.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:16:25 AM

Quark

Can you inform us Quarkers that have "no clue about cryptocoins." I'm interested in hearing what solid evidence you have so I can make more of an informed decision about Quark. Right now you have said nothing to back it up. Just base off of the Quark community and how resilience they are Quark looks extremely promising. I ask as respectfully as possible. Give us a solid evidence about why Quark is bad and not just "oh QUARK BAD BAD BAD."

OK, noob, I will reveal it to you some things about Quark. When it came out not many people were interested mainly because
it was CPU only mining which usualy means BOTNETs gonna rip it appart and drive exchange prices to nothing. That exact thing
happened quite fast and you could buy QRK for 0.000001 BTC and even less. That is when I bought 100,000 QRK for 0.1 BTC.
Not because I think QRK is awesome but because I'm experienced trader, person who buys when everyone else panic sell, and
I'm around here long enough to know altcoins just don't die easy. Then, to my surprise, Max and some other "in-the-know" guys
started promoting Quark to extreme, pushing it up in the sky as a most secure altcoin or whatever, completely missing the topic
of total hashrate (as a prevention from 51% attack) and almost all other important matters. Quark uses how many, 8 hash algos?
Big deal, not! But don't listen to me, listen to tards like Max Keiser, he knows what will happen, like 5% times (you might want
to check dozen or so his older videos to realise how full of shit he really is).

Anyway, thanks for being greedy and buying into already overpriced altcoin that is actualy going nowhere. I have cashed out of
it already and now I'm waiting another bottom or near bottom to invest in QRK (and other currently overpumped altcoins) again.

Cya at around 0.000001  Grin

I support Max Keiser, Bill Still & Quarkcoin.
Quark works smooth, and fast. Lots of community support behind it, with people that have intelligence and enthusiasm.

Cheesy

GreenWins

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:24:48 AM

Quark

OK, noob, I will reveal it to you some things about Quark. When it came out not many people were interested mainly because
it was CPU only mining which usualy means BOTNETs gonna rip it appart and drive exchange prices to nothing. That exact thing
happened quite fast and you could buy QRK for 0.000001 BTC and even less. That is when I bought 100,000 QRK for 0.1 BTC.
Not because I think QRK is awesome but because I'm experienced trader, person who buys when everyone else panic sell, and
I'm around here long enough to know altcoins just don't die easy. Then, to my surprise, Max and some other "in-the-know" guys
started promoting Quark to extreme, pushing it up in the sky as a most secure altcoin or whatever, completely missing the topic
of total hashrate (as a prevention from 51% attack) and almost all other important matters. Quark uses how many, 8 hash algos?
Big deal, not! But don't listen to me, listen to tards like Max Keiser, he knows what will happen, like 5% times (you might want
to check dozen or so his older videos to realise how full of shit he really is).

Anyway, thanks for being greedy and buying into already overpriced altcoin that is actauly going nowhere. I have cashed out of
it already and now I'm waiting another bottom or near bottom to invest in QRK (and other pumped altcoins) again.

Cya at around 0.000001  Grin

So wait what? Okay you're worried about BOTNET because of CPU mining that sounds reasonable. Why are you comparing hashrate vs security? Both totally different things, but okay. So you literally said nothing except the BOTNET scare. Which I admit can happen. So that's it?

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:32:41 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 01:52:25 AM by subSTRATA

No, that is not it. There is also thing called clash with reality. Like when you have 1+ million people buying into something
based on nothing but asumption that value will go and stay up at all times but reality clearly pointing to different scenario.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sea_Company to hopefully realise that no one will save QRK once reality kicks in.

"The company was also granted a monopoly to trade with South America, hence its name. At the time it was created, Britain
was involved in the War of the Spanish Succession and Spain controlled South America. There was no realistic prospect that
trade would take place ..."

There is a cryptocoin war going on, you know. You might want to check the URL, the name of this forum and numbers like
visitors count and so on and then compare with QRK forum if it actualy exist. Thinking that you will win while you are still
on enemy territory, massively outnumbered by enemy forces, is just stupid.

TLDR - The reason why QRK and most other unneccessary altcoins appeared in the first place can be found in reasoning of
the owner of this forum, as you can read in my signature. I have clashed with him on the matter a few times but in the end
he is actualy quite smart person, who understand that those who can not use brain should be scammed. That's so natural!

GreenWins

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:47:29 AM

No, that is not it. There is also thing called clash with reality. Like when you have 1+ million people buying into something
based on nothing but asumption that value will go and stay up at all times but reality clearly pointing to different scenario.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Sea_Company to hopefully realise that no one will save QRK once reality kicks in.

Okay, that is just something pulled out randomly by you. So I'm just going to ignore.

Also so I just want to know do you actually know how a botnet attack would work? So out of the 6 month that Quark has been alive. Why hasn't one occurred yet? How exactly would it benefit this person to do an attack like this? What would he get out of this?

An attack like this would be extremely difficult and is just used to scare people like you, but it's possible I guess. That's the only valid thing you really said and it was pretty much baseless fear and the probability of it happening is low unless the 3/4 of the community actually leave suddenly and decides to just throw away all their work and money.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:51:59 AM

Okay, that is just something pulled out randomly by you. So I'm just going to ignore.

Perfect! End up scammed and holding the bags, dumbass. Fuck it, go lose all your money on shits to the point you can't live
any longer and die from starvation, I'll fucking celebrate.

Bellow is one more link for you. I'm leaving this debate, there is obviously no one worth wasting my time here any longer.

http://www.darwinawards.com

GreenWins

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:05:37 AM

Perfect! End up scammed and holding the bags, dumbass. Fuck it, go lose all your money on shits to the point you can't live
any longer and die from starvation, I'll fucking celebrate.

Bellow is one more link for you. I'm leaving this debate, there is obviously no one worth wasting my time here any longer.

http://www.darwinawards.com

Sorry that you felt offended and have to result in personal attacks. If you end up thinking rationally and realize the benefit of Quark (I recommend researching it yourself and not just follow blindly.) The Quark community will welcome you to try it because we're growing rapidly.  Wink

Peacefrog

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:37:02 AM

A stupid question but i wanna ask the os in question is windows and the more reliable free option is.... Linux?

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
Colin Miner

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:00:07 PM

A stupid question but i wanna ask the os in question is windows and the more reliable free option is.... Linux?

Yes, I would say its the

Windows vs GNU/Linux

argument.

I will have the free one please (although I do use both).

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: