Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ixcoin 0.3.24.2 SECOND mandatory update released  (Read 9325 times)
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:22:11 AM

We've made some changes to Ixcoin addressing issues raised since its release. This is a compulsory update otherwise your Ixcoin client will not communicate with other updated nodes after Sep 1rst 2011. The blockchain remains intact.

I wonder what Thomas would do if the same miners that pumped up his difficulty beyond reach showed up around block 20055 and ignored what he imagines to be a "compulsory" update, forcing the blockchain down a different path.  Could make for a fun split...

Wow. That may be the first good reason I've seen to consider a mining contract!

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:04:42 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 03:01:19 PM by joulesbeef

well even if it is copy paste, glad you are updating the client. Competition is a good thing even if I still have a lot of reservations over ixcoin.

Did you basically copy the solidcoin code to fix yours ? Wow :O.

so did i0coin, and i wish namecoin would do the same unless they can do the merged mining sooner, and I think BTC should do the same with the difficulty, it is a good idea. It is all open source, you are supposed to steal good ideas from open source. Yeah i wish there was more unique development but I'm not going to chastise him for stealing the difficulty algo, it was wise to do.

Could anyone tell me why is there a need to limit decreases in difficulty? Why not just let it adjust freely?

because if it gets too low, we get problems with with the i0coin release.

Apologies for the multiple updates

I would rather have 100 updates than a broken client. though it would be nice if somehow the clients can tell they are out of date and update themselves. people dont want to have to monitor the clients and check the forums all the time. people want to be able to go on vacation and come home and find things are still working.

yeah I still have reservations, and yeah i still think you are old miner  Cheesy but competition is a good thing, updates are a good thing and as such i wont use this thread to attack you or ixcoin, there are more than plenty of places for me to do that. The only thing I will say is people should investigate why there is so much animosity and make up their own minds.

mooo for rent
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:59:33 PM

so did i0coin, and i wish namecoin would do the same unless they can do the merged mining sooner, and I think BTC should do the same with the difficulty, it is a good idea. It is all open source, you are supposed to steal good ideas from open source.

No, please leave the ill-thought-out parameter changes to the alternate block chains.  Most of us like BTC just the way it is, for good reason.

よろしく。
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:07:20 PM

so did i0coin, and i wish namecoin would do the same unless they can do the merged mining sooner, and I think BTC should do the same with the difficulty, it is a good idea. It is all open source, you are supposed to steal good ideas from open source.

No, please leave the ill-thought-out parameter changes to the alternate block chains.  Most of us like BTC just the way it is, for good reason.

よろしく。

well this isnt the place for that debate, but tell namecoin how fun it is. their next diff change is january next freaken year, they are mining a 100k+ diff with an hash rate that calls for an under 10k diff. .

yeah yall love to claim there is a crap load of problems with this, but yall tend to put up very little in the form of a substantive debate. you are just myoptic. Wait until theri is a real challenge to btc(if their isnt already one) and when the BTC miners flee, you will wish diff changes kept up as transactions slow to a crawl. heck it already took me 1.5 hours last night to get my btc to the exchange, when my sc was there in .5hours.now what happens if half the miners left btc for some reason? electricity, hard core banning in theri countries, natural disasters, or just a good competitive coin? yeah I dont want to wait 3 days for my coins to be useful.

mooo for rent
Nasakioto (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 02:34:54 AM

Please restart your 0.3.24.2 Ixcoin clients. Thanks.

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:01:14 AM

Please restart your 0.3.24.2 Ixcoin clients. Thanks.
Bitparking pool and exchange have been restarted and are using the new client.
coinotron
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:00:15 AM

Coinotron pool has been restarted and is using the new client.

Nasakioto (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 01:41:43 PM

Quick turnaround guys Wink Thanks.

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:02:35 PM

still on block 20026 that cant be right is it? do we have to redownload the block chain.. whats up

mooo for rent
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:19:50 PM

still on block 20026 that cant be right is it? do we have to redownload the block chain.. whats up

Wait for block 20055...
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:34:06 PM

Wait for block 20055...

Dude I get all that, I can read. Everything will turn over on the block 20055. MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE NOT SEEN A BLOCK CHAIN IN 2 DAYS.
Nasakioto says the change will happen in 29 blocks.. WELL IT HAS BEEN 2 DAYS AND MY NEW CLIENT SAYS THERE ARE STILL 29 BLOCKS.

My question is will we have to wait 2 months for the change over, OR IS MY CLIENT BROKEN. And thus far I cant get anyone to answer what the average block time is right now. Just a ball park guestimate that is all I am asking for.

mooo for rent
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 05:06:18 PM

Wait for block 20055...

Dude I get all that, I can read. Everything will turn over on the block 20055. MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE NOT SEEN A BLOCK CHAIN IN 2 DAYS.
Nasakioto says the change will happen in 29 blocks.. WELL IT HAS BEEN 2 DAYS AND MY NEW CLIENT SAYS THERE ARE STILL 29 BLOCKS.

My question is will we have to wait 2 months for the change over, OR IS MY CLIENT BROKEN. And thus far I cant get anyone to answer what the average block time is right now. Just a ball park guestimate that is all I am asking for.

My client (mandatory 2 update Tongue) says we are at block 20027
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:14:33 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2011, 05:28:29 PM by joulesbeef

yep I'm on client 2.. still stuck at 20026
deleted the blocks.. did a rescan.. nuttin

mooo for rent
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:48:27 PM

deleted everything ixcoin.. even my wallet.. even the ixcoin download.. redownloaded the mandatory update off this page(actually did the zip last time, did the windows install one this time).. so totally clean and it stops at 20026.. wth?Huh

i have seen this problem on other clients but never had a problem getting past it.  Whats wrong with this one?

mooo for rent
gw4tt

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:48:49 PM

mine still says 2026 as well.
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 06:08:06 PM

yeah i'm beggining to think it is broken, and a lot of people wont be on the new block chain.

I just installed the thing on a computer that never had ixcoin on it.. and guess what ... 20026

well at least ixcoin has a month to figure it out.

i'm going to try the old client and then I'm going to give up.

edit OLD CLIENT went up to 20027.. new client says F-U.. i'm guessing now I run the old client until block 20055? probably should make that clear as this was a head ache from hell

mooo for rent
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 06:12:08 PM

you are just myoptic.

You tell zebedee that he is your eyes or lenses. That will show him.

You really should read what you write before posting it. It's hard to take you seriously with your dodgy writing.

bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 06:13:12 PM

yeah i'm beggining to think it is broken, and a lot of people wont be on the new block chain.

I just installed the thing on a computer that never had ixcoin on it.. and guess what ... 20026

well at least ixcoin has a month to figure it out.

i'm going to try the old client and then I'm going to give up.

edit OLD CLIENT went up to 20027.. new client says F-U.. i'm guessing now I run the old client until block 20055? probably should make that clear as this was a head ache from hell

New Peering Marker

On Sept 1rst 2011 at 00:12:51 UTC (in under a week), the new client will switch over to a new Ixcoin-specific pchMessageStart peering marker from the original Bitcoin marker. This change was recommended by a few although we haven't had reports of any issues with this yet. Better safe than sorry. The updated Ixcoin nodes will not be able to communicate with non-updated Ixcoin clients after that date.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 06:21:58 PM

I started the wrong client *shame*
Old one says 20027, new one (mandatory 2) says 20026...
Something's broken for sure...
Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 06:30:19 PM

Something's broken for sure...

No, just some old client found the block 20027 earlier...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: