Bitcoin Forum
September 02, 2024, 07:48:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E confiscated funds  (Read 2512 times)
YouKnowBit

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:20:10 PM

I've tried all channels I can think of and I'm getting no support. I bump my ticket daily and apparently is just ignored. I can't login to my account and I setup a 2nd account to try to contact support but apparently you're not allowed to send PM's to support... a message pops up saying you need to use the ticket system.

from where I'm sitting BTC-e has effectively parted me from several thousands of dollars.

Please contact me. They have take around 15BTC from me. We need to find everyone they are doing this to and contact the bitcoin foundation. There is strength in numbers. And the more we get awareness with screen shots and videos that show how they scam us.

IF anyone can help us! PLEASE we are desperate. This can not keep happening to innocent bitcoin users.

***I will tip big time to anyone who can help us. THANK YOU
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:42:01 PM

This is really bad...
Account banned for no reason + non-responsive support service...
Mr. Hanky (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:17:53 PM

This is really bad...
Account banned for no reason + non-responsive support service...

yeah, BTC-E was my favorite venue for trading and i had zero problems -- until i did... now i get no help and my funds are effectively confiscated. I would advise anyone and everyone whom is trading at BTC-e to get your funds OUT before you too are scammed.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:41:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences with BTC-E. I use the exchange for my trading and so far *touch wood* I've not had any bad experiences caused by the operation of the site or support (or lack-of as you highlight).

I remember seeing an article before that BTC-E was struggling to cope with the support tickets as there were so many to go through and resolve. They said that they were scaling up their support to cope with demand - whether that has happened I'm not sure, but there are many bottlenecks in running an exchange, especially when the demand shoots up quicker than they can adapt.

I really hope that those who have missing funds or are locked out get it resolved sooner rather than later, as the numbers that people are quoting are significant sums to the average person.

Mr. Hanky (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:20:17 AM

in the interest of disclosure, i FINALLY got access restored to my funds.... took two months without any indication it would ever happen, but it did. it took DAILY updates to the multiple open tickets (which they had started condensing into the same original ticket without any type of response) + i was opening a new ticket every other day... They finally responded to one of my requests to remove funds and then after multiple back-and-forths, my access has been restored.

for verification they requested i provide transaction history, account balances, IP addresses which i've accessed from etc. by a stroke of PURE LUCK, i had kept records to try to track my P&L better and was able to use those to give a history. Had i not done so, the info would have only been available by logging in to the account (which was suspended - catch22)

I'm pleased that I got a resolution, but upset that it took this long and was for something so arbitrary and I was most upset at the lack of communication. I have not moved out all of my funds and have placed a few trades, but I will never post to trollbox again.    Cry

Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:47:30 AM

Glad to hear that you got a resolution to your tickets. Sucks that it took so long to resolve, and fortunate that you kept such comprehensive records. I'm sure that most users don't keep such information.

miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:07:45 AM

in the interest of disclosure, i FINALLY got access restored to my funds.... took two months without any indication it would ever happen, but it did. it took DAILY updates to the multiple open tickets (which they had started condensing into the same original ticket without any type of response) + i was opening a new ticket every other day... They finally responded to one of my requests to remove funds and then after multiple back-and-forths, my access has been restored.

for verification they requested i provide transaction history, account balances, IP addresses which i've accessed from etc. by a stroke of PURE LUCK, i had kept records to try to track my P&L better and was able to use those to give a history. Had i not done so, the info would have only been available by logging in to the account (which was suspended - catch22)

I'm pleased that I got a resolution, but upset that it took this long and was for something so arbitrary and I was most upset at the lack of communication. I have not moved out all of my funds and have placed a few trades, but I will never post to trollbox again.    Cry

You're STILL TRADING with them?!

Now I know why so many people got GOX'ed in the bithole repeatedly. LOL !!!
etm

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:04:54 PM

Sounds pretty bad if they're not giving you your funds back. What was the link?
etm

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:14:03 PM

I see that everything is ok, so never mind.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: