Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:34:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][NEON] :: Neon :: The Most Advanced Second Generation Currency  (Read 38086 times)
bliljerk101

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:11:32 AM

Owwwwww, you'd deserve to be scammed soooo much... I'd really like to see that happen... Unfortunately, you're acting as a shill/sock pupped and will probably profit from this massive scam... Hey man, you should have offered your shilling services to Visacoin/Aerocoin/Verocoin... Too late for that, but I'm sure SHARES, Sharecoin, Skycoin, and all other ongoing IPO scams would be interested... Go for it pal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:14:27 AM

Now, this is fun.   Cheesy

yeah... speculating my ass off  Huh  Cheesy

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
timjs

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:19:05 AM

Now, this is fun.   Cheesy

yeah... speculating my ass off  Huh  Cheesy
Yes! This is what makes people rich. Clearly bliljerk101 gets it.

I just want some more information before I go into this deep like him. Crazy bastard, he is.

NEONs where are you?

Did I miss something? Was there a "I'll be out of the office till xx:xx" post somewhere?
NEONs (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:19:37 AM

Sorry that i am so slow in replying to all of you.

I have to wait 360 seconds every time, and then this springs up all the time:

An Error Has Occurred!
You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour.
kripto

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:23:28 AM

I've written some code over the years myself and my biggest concern is a very short period of time in which you guys have managed to put together so much. If I understand you correctly you and two of your friends came together just 2 months ago and start brainstorming some ideas. And then two months later you have all of the above mostly complete and you did it in C.

I must say you seem a lot like Superman, Batman and Spiderman united. Could you comment on that please?

BR

First of all, "I've written some code over the years myself" -> That sounds like you're a hobbyist at best, not somebody who should be nit picking on this subject.

I can comment on this for the NEONs team… Have you seen NXT's source code? It's only like 7k lines of code (I realize a little bit of it's missing). I sometimes write that much in a day. This is 3 people working on something for 2 months straight. If there were 3 of me, I could probably knock out 2-3 cryptos in two months and have at least one decent client with UI. It's not like they have to develop everything from scratch like Satoshi did… Most of what they're doing is just improving and modifying existing designs. For an experienced programmer, translating design between languages is not a complicated task.

Furthermore, the task of creating a crypto is not exactly gargantuan. It's just a protocol, and ALL of the clients usually suck. If the clients were great in terms of UI, I might agree that 2 months isn't enough time. Having said that, they're not... Nobody (except third-party companies) has spent any "real" time developing great UI for crypto clients. All the alt coins use that QT software, which is like a one-size-fits-all system. That's why there are bugs among and some variations between the different versions - windows, mac, linux, etc. And NXT's client isn't even really a client. You have to launch terminal or command prompt, then access a port on your localhost via your browser. It's basically just a cheesy website. That wouldn't take long to make at all. There are like 5 things you can even do when using it, definitely not an overly intricate or time consuming project.

I wasn't actually referring to any kind of UI as it is obviously the least important part of the architecture from the conceptual point of view.

The list of features is still quite long though but time frame not so much. If you count architectural design and planing, coding, redesigning when you find out something hasn't been thought through well and the consequent code refactoring, testing and bug fixing then its still impressive pice of work to pull off in two months even by three guys and very well distributed work plan. I'm not saying it's impossible it's just impressive. It's just a protocol yes. Smiley
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:26:28 AM

I wasn't actually referring to any kind of UI as it is obviously the least important part of the architecture from the conceptual point of view.

The list of features is still quite long though but time frame not so much. If you count architectural design and planing, coding, redesigning when you find out something hasn't been thought through well and the consequent code refactoring, testing and bug fixing then its still impressive pice of work to pull off in two months even by three guys and very well distributed work plan. I'm not saying it's impossible it's just impressive. It's just a protocol yes. Smiley

It depends on what kind of worker you are, too. I'm the kind of person that programs 12-14 hours a day when I'm in the zone. I'll work 7 days a week if that's what it takes (pretty much always do). I see a project like this as not that gargantuan, even if they work at half my pace.
timjs

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:29:01 AM

Sorry that i am so slow in replying to all of you.

I have to wait 360 seconds every time, and then this springs up all the time:

An Error Has Occurred!
You have exceeded the limit of 5 personal messages per hour.
Perhaps there is a way these limitations can be lifted prematurely for you, then.
Lack of communication will kill this project.

Honestly, I've never seen a forum with such strict "newbie" rules.
MangoKeys

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:44:19 AM

Owwwwww, you'd deserve to be scammed soooo much... I'd really like to see that happen... Unfortunately, you're acting as a shill/sock pupped and will probably profit from this massive scam... Hey man, you should have offered your shilling services to Visacoin/Aerocoin/Verocoin... Too late for that, but I'm sure SHARES, Sharecoin, Skycoin, and all other ongoing IPO scams would be interested... Go for it pal.

I make money all day then I ball with the profits
Niggas hate on me, I tell em hatin' niggas stop it
Go fuck with a bitch, get that becky then I'm gone
Catch me on that loud pack, blowin on this strong
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:58:09 AM

I make money all day then I ball with the profits
Niggas hate on me, I tell em hatin' niggas stop it
Go fuck with a bitch, get that becky then I'm gone
Catch me on that loud pack, blowin on this strong

lmao.. that's a hood song.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:06:26 AM

Awesome!

Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:16:06 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 02:59:09 AM by Financisto

I'm watching people suggesting escrow for a fundraising here.

Take a look at my list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276897.0

That may help to increase transparency using other people's coins.

Besides using (reliable/trusted) escrow (maybe more than one escrow "agent" in this case specifically) is good for the crypto coins community.

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:30:40 AM

No escrow. Escrow shows lack of faith in every respect. Investors that need escrow are the same ones that will run away the moment things look even a little bad. We need people with heart & confidence that have the balls to stand tall always and meet, head on, any challenges the NEON community faces. The last thing in the world we ever need are spineless founders. That will crush this kind of currency considering how significant the founders are economically speaking for its development.

Anybody else demanding escrow: either invest or watch… Quit being so damn spineless.
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:37:22 AM

I want to just add in here that anybody that has doubts (all should) SHOULD wait until the white paper is released. If you have money to throw away and want to now, then by all means… You ARE essentially buying NOTHING… don't forget that. Too much speculation will kill you investments. So if you have doubts, you should wait for the white paper and sit this round out.

That said, escrow = fail… I think there should be no escrow whatsoever. After seeing the white paper, all should be able to make the decision to buy or not.
loopgate88

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:46:19 AM

why no escrow?
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:58:13 AM

Even this is not a scam (highly doubt it), this kind of fund raising should not be encouraged in the community. If anyone could create a new account and ask for money with only vague information and nothing concrete, what will this community be like?

Without some actions taken, this kind of scam will always work. A lot of people will think 'what's the harm to throw away 0.1/0.01 BTC for a tiny chance it will become 100/10 BTC months later just like the case of Nxt'. Even if there're only 100 victims, the scammer could get 10 BTC at no cost other than answering some questions in the forum.

I'm not claiming Neon is 100% scam, but just saying that this kind of fund raising should be forbidden in this forum, no matter it's scam or not.
xgc

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:07:22 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

NXT: 7093025962659339894
"Scientific truth is beyond loyalty and disloyalty."
- Isaac Asimov, Foundation
timjs

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:08:08 AM

<snip> The last thing in the world we ever need are spineless founders. That will crush this kind of currency considering how significant the founders are economically speaking for its development.

Exactly. Look what just happened to NXT. Some of the top dogs decided to take their money and cashed out big time. The market cap dropped off, and it scared away a bunch of people.

It's always easier to get frightened into cashing out when you stand to lose more as well.

When high stake holders cash out, they affect the market. This makes everyone nervous, and suddenly very little money gets put back in to the market to recoup what the high stake holders took.
Canen

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:12:42 AM

Unfortunately I think it will take a large scam to wake people up to the dangers. I do hope Neon has a great future but for now there is no way of knowing.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:13:52 AM

Unfortunately I think it will take a large scam to wake people up to the dangers. I do hope Neon has a great future but for now there is no way of knowing.

That looks like what VisaCoin is right now...lol Tongue

We'll see what develops of NEON though.
nesco1805

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:15:41 AM

bliljerk101... ADD
lay off for a while, you're all over the place  Grin

kinda weird that OP managed to squeeze one barely meaningful post.. for the whole day
must be busy with his MIT buddies

Exactly. Look what just happened to NXT. Some of the top dogs decided to take their money and cashed out big time. The market cap dropped off, and it scared away a bunch of people.

It's always easier to get frightened into cashing out when you stand to lose more as well.

When high stake holders cash out, they affect the market. This makes everyone nervous, and suddenly very little money gets put back in to the market to recoup what the high stake holders took.

WTF are you talking about. They are cashing out, yes.
There is nothing spineless about it. HELLO?! THAT WAS THE PLAN ALONG.

You expected them to babysit and cherish their stake? Maybe wait for little guys to get rich LMAO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: