edit: updated list of reserved monoliths in the end of this message
The price is now 5000nxt. I reserve the right to change pricing should there be drastic changes in the market. Reservation does not force you in the deal, so no obligation to buy untill you have actually sent the payment. Should the price change I will announce it here. Payment and shipment will be arranged in private messages once I have the actual monoliths. Blockchain is your natural prove of purchase. For now I have ordered one prototype and will photograph it to show how the final product looks like.edit2: 19. Feb 2014 first prototype
nxt monolith prototype is here
More pics https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dgtssbde40wx4dt/x59vAKeILe
This was actually quite a bit of work. I had to polish the outer edges by hand with several grades of wet sandpaper and do the final touch with polishing paste. I also carved the outer edges of the logo to smooth the edges. 20mm acrylic seems to be a tough material even for a high power laser-cutter so it has to be finalised by hand. Which actually gives it more value imo, handmade in Finland
This is very first prototype and it came out rather nice. I would be very willing to post this prototype anywhere to be used as promotional material in bitcoin-conferences and other pr-events. If there was some spare nxt in marketing funds I'm up for it. original post- nxt monolith teaser -
Hooray! Here is a 3d-preview of upcoming limited series nxt monoliths
. I finally found a manufacturer for cutting thicker acrylic.
- these will be cut and lazer-engraved from chunky PMMA acrylic, dimensions 20x80x180 mm, that is a nice big solid piece
- I have a plan for two limited 10 piece series, crystal transparent "genesis-monolith"
and solid glossy black "darknxt-monolith"
- current design for genesis-monolith shown here, darknxt-monolith details still work on progress, maybe some real darknxt associated with each monolith
- I have ordered a prototype of "genesis" to make sure this nxt-art will meet high quality standards, after which you may reserve your monolith
- so YES you can have these, but it's not cheapo, will be few thousand nxt a piece to cover material, lasercutting, engraving, designwork and labour, postage and handling etc
- first piece 1/10 of both genesis and darknxt will be put up for auction
Will ship from Europe. I have to find out if there is restrictions conserning taxes and customs and such if sending outside EU. If there are some seasoned ebayers please let me know how you would avoid these obstacles. I will update this posts when I have further info about delivery and details. But you may reply in private message so I can plan this project further according to interest.
nxtcrypto.org nxt monolith-thread https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=772&p=3645#p3645
reservation list of genesis-monolith
1/10 to be auctioned later
2/10 msin (bitcointalk)
darknxt-monolith to be listed later