Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:17:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][NEON] :: Neon :: The Most Advanced Second Generation Currency  (Read 38098 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:13:15 AM

If you are serious about this, I think you should put a cap on the maximum amount of BTC that someone can invest via the IPO. This would prevent an early stakeholder from gaining too large a share early on, which could cause a problem by leading to too much concentration early on. IMO, one of NXT's biggest weaknesses is the concentration of NXT within the accounts of the stakeholders.

Overall, I think your IPO is fairer than NXT's was, and I'm watching with interest what you guys are doing.

doesn't work. people can simply make dummy accounts.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:44:18 AM

I highly doubt these guys as they claim all features have been working in the testnet. This is like 99 percent proof that he doesn't know what he is boasting about. I suppose all of you guys can do some drilling on technical side and they will fail miserably.
It will definitely be a scam when they refuse escrow tomorrow.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 04:50:54 AM

lol

It's not just "Advanced" it's "Most Advanced".  My mind is blown.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:21:02 AM

Looks very solid. A lot to show off. Sent 300 BTC. NOT.

Radix - just imagine
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:03:06 AM

The nodes will have all client features(see below) plus this features:
-   Mixing service

Mixing service is the killer feature (it will kill all other coins including Bitcoin). Could u give a brief explanation of its algo, plz?
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:20:58 AM

can you be more specific about how this works

Every 1440 minutes the network will check how many nodes where online and supporting the network and reward 57600 NEONs proportional to the uptime of the nodes.

how does "the network" check this. the node that authors the block surely must make the decision about which nodes have been running and for how long those nodes have been running. what if that author lies? how does anyone know? how could any node possably know about ALL of the other nodes. how can everyone be expected to know about all of the nodes so they can know to reject the chain if the block author is lying?

I haven't seen this great question be answered yet. As a decentralized application, there's no central server to do the statistics. How the network check the online status of each nodes and how the nodes prove their uptime?

You may setup a central node to distribute the rewards, but how could this node know the exact uptime of each other client? Remember not all nodes connected to this central node, otherwise it becomes not decentralized at all. This is the most innovative part of this proposal and needs more verification since it's not applied in all existing coins.
bliljerk101

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:21:49 AM

Donated… Signed "LilJerk" in the block chain, so you know it's me.

I hope I get a decent amount of Neons… When will I know how many I receive?
k33k

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:26:02 AM

The nodes will have all client features(see below) plus this features:
-   Mixing service

Mixing service is the killer feature (it will kill all other coins including Bitcoin). Could u give a brief explanation of its algo, plz?

Hasn't Stablecoin just implemented this? It also has an advantage in that it isn't complete vaporware.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:31:37 AM

what is mixing service ?
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:33:43 AM

what is mixing service ?

lemonparty.org
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:45:21 AM

Hasn't Stablecoin just implemented this? It also has an advantage in that it isn't complete vaporware.

I haven't heard about Stablecoin, gonna check it now. Thx for info.
mudshark79

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:52:57 AM

I haven't heard about Stablecoin, gonna check it now. Thx for info.

Stablecoin - Supporters are waiting for this feature for months now (had to fight different problems, though), still not implemented yet and the longer it takes the greater the probability it will be implemented one day, right :-)?
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:59:33 AM

If they cannot prove they have found the way to know the uptime of each node in an decentralized way, their claim that it works in the testnet already is most likely a lie.
bliljerk101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:02:57 AM

If they cannot prove they have found the way to know the uptime of each node in an decentralized way, their claim that it works in the testnet already is most likely a lie.

Hope this isn't a scam. I could have bought a pretty nice bottle of champagne with the ~$1500 in BTC I just invested.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:05:20 AM

Good, a fairer IPO than NXT.

Totally support this.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:25:38 AM

Hope this isn't a scam. I could have bought a pretty nice bottle of champagne with the ~$1500 in BTC I just invested.

They claim that they have all of these features implemented in a 2-3 month period (by college students?) as well as having an android, iOS, windows, etc. clients already? From 3 people? Why do they even need funding if their project is complete? In addition, without a BTC limit, someone could end up with a very large stake, so this is a not a smart move (unless they are planning to scam). They should just split the coins between bounties (you know... to cover costs), running nodes and subsidized transactions, right? Why even have an IPO?

Honestly, it's not looking good at the moment, but we'll see what they have to say Roll Eyes

NXT: 13095091276527367030
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:26:33 AM

Good, a fairer IPO than NXT.

Totally support this.

Are all of these obvious IPO BTC scam threads yours or why do you support and push every single one of them?

Criminal?
BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:37:15 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 09:14:52 AM by BitThink

They claim that they have all of these features implemented in a 2-3 month period (by college students?) as well as having an android, iOS, windows, etc. clients already? From 3 people? Why do they even need funding if their project is complete? In addition, without a BTC limit, someone could end up with a very large stake, so this is a not a smart move (unless they are planning to scam). They should just split the coins between bounties (you know... to cover costs), running nodes and subsidized transactions, right? Why even have an IPO?

Honestly, it's not looking good at the moment, but we'll see what they have to say Roll Eyes

If I were them and there's really a working test client, I would publish the test client first at least to some beta testers. I believe I will collect much more fund with their testimonials. At least, I will post some screenshots to show how the client/node works to attract more investment. Then think about why I don't do things like this. Most likely because I can't.

Moreover, apparently this proposal exactly targets some complaints of Nxt. Nxt suffers from DDos because of the less of incentive of mining. The two methods in this proposal were actually proposed by other people in the Nxt thread. Actually, it was me who suggested sending nxt out from the unclaimed account every minute to increase the incentive of miners (they get the tx fee). Now think about which one has the higher possibility. 1) The got the idea 2-3 months ago before Nxt was announced. 2) The got the idea just couple of days ago by reading the Nxt thread.

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:52:42 AM

Make escrow possible!

You said something with a centralized person. But YOU are centralized also! AND anonym! Well known members of this forum have something to lose.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:58:56 AM

Make escrow possible!

You said something with a centralized person. But YOU are centralized also! AND anonym! Well known members of this forum have something to lose.

An honest IPO would have no problem with this.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: