Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:14:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPO-ANN][NEON] :: Neon :: The Most Advanced Second Generation Currency  (Read 38088 times)
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

Good morning everyone!

We received a very neat design suggestion and decided to go with it. The creator will be awarded 0.2 BTC or 0.1 BTC and 0.1 BTC worth of NEONs. His choice.

Which one of those do you guys perfer?

I also updated the investor list and will now answer the questions asked per PM and in the forum, but this takes time because of the 360 second newbie jail!!!
Also i am currently in the university, so cant answer 24/7 now.

nice work ...
though the logo reminds more about Neon lights instead of new CURRENCY
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Neon_light.jpg

"decided to go with it."
Very fast action. The race is then finished ...

cryptojournal

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:00:22 PM

how do we know this isn't a scam?

You don't. OP has provided nothing but a few vague words and very wild claims. At least, with NXT and XCP, you had/have software backing a radically new take on crypto. OP is expecting you to send him BTC as an act of pure faith towards a perfect stranger on what's probably the web's most scam-prone forum. OP is smoking crack. Good luck to whoever falls for this obvious scam riding on NXT's coattails.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

Good morning everyone!

We received a very neat design suggestion and decided to go with it. The creator will be awarded 0.2 BTC or 0.1 BTC and 0.1 BTC worth of NEONs. His choice.

I also updated the investor list and will now answer the questions asked per PM and in the forum, but this takes time because of the 360 second newbie jail!!!

You're paying him 0.2BTC for a long as great as this?

Sorry but pay him at least 2BTC.

0.2BTC - give me a break, he singlehandedly raised your visibilty more than than the marketing text on the first page.
NEONs (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:25:01 PM

You're paying him 0.2BTC for a long as great as this?

Sorry but pay him at least 2BTC.

0.2BTC - give me a break, he singlehandedly raised your visibilty more than than the marketing text on the first page.

If the IPO goes well and we stick to his designs i will gladly pay him more! In the opening post i advertised 0.05 BTC for the logo...
Also if i need Icons, business cards, or other material, i will pay for those as well.
trl55238

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:51:05 PM

Some bold claims you've made here. I must say I like them all! Now to flesh them out a little for potential investors and your detractors. Don't be shy about getting technical. The more information you can provide, the better. That way we send you some funding without hesitation.
DeadlyEskimo

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:01:29 PM

Watching
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:24:57 PM

Yes, answer the issue with escrow. Also get us some codes and the interface screenshots. Wink

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:46:19 PM

Good morning everyone!

Excellent!

I like the third.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
NEONs (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:59:04 PM

I support this

Thank you sir!

quote author=Anon136 link=topic=400356.msg4335869#msg4335869 date=1388970010]
Op,

Nice job copying verbatim a lot of the sections of my first post in Nxt's thread.

Couldn't you at least write your own?  lol

I'll be investing in this for SURE!

if they are qualified, talented and writing all new code from the ground up, i dont see any reason not to support more competition. now just to figure out if they are qualified and talented.
[/quote]

Wink

Damn. This leaves us 7 generations behind  Angry

can you be more specific about how this works

Every 1440 minutes the network will check how many nodes where online and supporting the network and reward 57600 NEONs proportional to the uptime of the nodes.

how does "the network" check this. the node that authors the block surely must make the decision about which nodes have been running and for how long those nodes have been running. what if that author lies? how does anyone know? how could any node possably know about ALL of the other nodes. how can everyone be expected to know about all of the nodes so they can know to reject the chain if the block author is lying?

Just a simple explanation now, the details will be in the Whitepaper.

Basically the node will create a history that saves the blockheight the node had at each moment. After X blocks of the network reaching a consensus on right chain, it gets checked how many % of the time you were on the right chain. Thats why it doesnt matter if you are on a fork for a couple of block, because you will be on the right chain for a high percentage of the time. This involves some kind of luck, but as noone can influence this, it doenst matter.

Great, there should be no problem holding everyone's funds with a trusted escrow right?

I have discussed this with my peers. If the volume of the IPO stays that balanced and high, we will not use this variant.

Lost my time writting...
Without me.

I upload 100GB and you vaporware descentralized filestorage is dead.
Or that's just bittorrent and you propose nothing new.

If you want to upload a 100 GB file, you need someone to find that is willing to distribute the file. As this system though to be used for smaller files, i doubt you will be able to afford that kind of space Wink
This is will be not like bittorrent, the file will be online to be downloaded from the network.
BUT you will be able to send a file directly to a client too!

How do you intend to maintain and update the development of the software if you desire to strongly remain anon?

The first few months will be paid by the IPO funds. We have enough time to do that. But from the launch on , we will be searching for additional devs to join our team.

@OP There is no max limit on investing? How will you insure someone won't wait till the last moment of the end of each week, send a large sum of BTC (say 100% of each week, so the person will receive exactly half of each week) and end up with 25% of the total stake?

We did decide not to regulate the IPO. If someone wants to get a huge stake, he can game the restrictions anyway, so thats that.

If this gets out of hand and someone tries to get 50% of the presale, than we will have to intervene and send back part of his investment, but this will only happen in rare cases.

Thank you for your answers NEONs.

@money, XCP dev take none.
That's kind of extreme, but admirable. Relying solely on the success of their work, sharing with the community. Reputation++

@implications set in stone
Whatever they are, once fixed, don't change them. Or start from zero again.
(meaning: avoid NXT style)

@complain
Near impossible to fully satisfied everyone, 'always complain.
'bout 4 coins, just flashed "IPO-scam x4" in my mind.
Might be legit or good will, but suspicious.
Much less suspicious with proof of burn (but complicate with the various rate).
Escrow people are bragging about is good at first thought, but it's centralized trust.
Why should I trust a member even with 1000 post? Unlikely for me.
For this again, I invite you to study XCP elegant solution of insta-POB.

@forging
Okay, both compatible.
Bonus 1yr for bagholder. In 5yr global fee are splitted between millions of botnet. Not necessarily bad.
Just be careful about inflation. Cap your max nb coin. Otherwise your project gonna die long term.

@ filestoring
So if I pay to upload my file, is it uploaded forever ?
And every single node that wish to get money after the first year will have to have the full DB on his computer, correct?
Even if it mean 2TiB on each computer?
Very interesting in this case. (reduce botnet influence, node quality++, fee reward = better fair reward) might need to consider upload speed vs reward.
That's pretty much Namecoin / Datacoin idea. (but NMC need repay every 9 month, 'don't like that)
Think: need conveniency (what datacoin seem to miss)

We have not talked about paid messages, but you can always send someone NEONs and add a private comment to the transaction. The length of this comment depends on the fee size and is only decrypted by the person who has the key to the account.
This basic solution already exist on all crypto. Althrough usually unencrypted.
Problem is that you get no obvious notification in your client.
It's not explicitly designed for it.
Even bitmessage is flawed.
Develop a quality descentralized messaging system with priority$, and your project might skyrocket just for that.
If well done.

Good rest Wink

@filestorage. The system works in groups. Basically the file will be uploaded to a group and everone can join the group and get fees once files get added to it. A group can decide to post an offer to keep the files for ever, or just 10 days. Totally free market there. If the group fails to deliver uptime, the fee gets reimbursed in parts. (this was actually pretty tough to solve, but we came up with a good solution for this)

@messenging. You can have your client post a notification to your screen, or even send an email to you. Oh and it is fully encrypted and can only be decrpted by the private key!

IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:02:40 PM

I just sent them $1500 worth of Bitcoin - see my transaction in the Blockchain tagged "LilJerk"

So don't go saying nobody will buy in… That's inaccurate.

Btw, I am fully committed to my purchase. I am in Neon for the long haul..

You wouldn't happen to be one of the Neon "developers," would you?
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:27:21 PM

Well I'm in, I decided to take a gamble.

Only worry is that I sent NXT but the exchange rate to BTC is horrible today, almost half what it was two days ago, oh well...

btc1210

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:32:07 PM

God, I hope these are puppet accounts and people aren't actually dumb enough to send this guy money.

Blatant scam. Stop supporting these and start reporting.
NEONs (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

Announcement!!

We have decided that we will run a one week long closed BETA test. This will start simultaneously with the launch of the whitepaper. To participate you will have to send ANY amount in the first or the second week. 0.001 BTC is enough to participate!!

This beta will give access to the two types of nodes and the client (on all platforms). All the features will be available, the deyentralized exchange and the filestorage too!
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:46:16 PM

Due to the whitepaper only being released on the 19.01.2014 we will split the 42048000 into 3 parts and distribute one part of 14.016.000 units per week. So investors that decide to invest before reading the whitepaper will get more coins per investment.

You have 2 contradicting sentences there.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

Great, there should be no problem holding everyone's funds with a trusted escrow right?

I have discussed this with my peers. If the volume of the IPO stays that balanced and high, we will not use this variant.

= I have discussed this with my cat. If I want to steal your Bitcoins, I cannot use this variant.
affan

Activity: 308

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 03:54:14 PM

Who write the code? guys from MIT?

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
dr blowfin

Activity: 186
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:06:18 PM

What conversion rate are you giving for NXT/BTC?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
affan

Activity: 308

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 04:08:59 PM

no answer.., I am out , good luck everyone

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:21:20 PM

Post a screenshot.. Also where are you guys from? You said students. Which university?

xgc

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:25:20 PM

interested but no escrow with a trusted member who audited NXT coins POS?   Wow I was hoping you would because then I would have bit into week 1.

NXT: 7093025962659339894
"Scientific truth is beyond loyalty and disloyalty."
- Isaac Asimov, Foundation
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: