Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:00:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser Engraved Bitcoin/Litecoin Cards (Public ID and BIP38 encrypted cards)  (Read 12778 times)
BlackMarketKarma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cyclical economic ebb and flow.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:14:44 AM

I placed an order over a month ago and paid then as well..admittedly, it took me a little while to come up with the btc/ltc bip38 keys but I have them now and have had them ready but have been unable to reach anyone associated with this project for weeks. The e-mail address I was exchanging with is now auto-returning mail...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

I know he posted on here a day or two ago.
I also PM'd him and have not heard back.  That being said I also ordered a card lastnight as well.  I am looking forward to getting it.

I placed an order over a month ago and paid then as well..admittedly, it took me a little while to come up with the btc/ltc bip38 keys but I have them now and have had them ready but have been unable to reach anyone associated with this project for weeks. The e-mail address I was exchanging with is now auto-returning mail...

cryptocards (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:20:27 PM

Hey BlackMarketKarma!

Just got your PM now! We have not received any emails from you. Contact us at contact@crypto-cards.com with your order number and we'll get you sorted out!

Cheers,

CC
marnem

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Boss of WallstreetCafe

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

Crypto cards you have a pm
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:54:09 AM

Crypto cards you have a pm

pm'd back Smiley
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:23:36 PM

Are you the same company as http://cointalk.ca/cryptocards/ ??
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 11:22:30 PM

Hey David!

No, we are not affiliated with them at all. If you check back in this thread you can see a more detailed post in regards to this matter. Short form: someone liked the idea/name so much, they decided to do a little carbon copy;)

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM

Cheers,

CC
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:50:47 AM

Ah, ok, thanks for clearing up. I thought because you are both based in Canada and the name is similar, there might be a connection.
Cheers, David
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:58:41 AM

Hey David!

No, we are not affiliated with them at all. If you check back in this thread you can see a more detailed post in regards to this matter. Short form: someone liked the idea/name so much, they decided to do a little carbon copy;)

Cheers,

CC

When did you guys start making these? I have seen similar items on the net for a couple of years now - steel cards, dog tags.... There was 1 company 'lasershark' or something that has been doing these since 2011! So please don't make it that someone did a carbon copy of your idea. Laser shark could be saying the same thing about you...

http://www.lasersharkdesign.com/shop/bitcoin-cold-storage-wallet
micro23

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:09:26 PM

I'm still deciding who I'm going to use. I just dont want to pay more then $15 shipped. If OP wants to make his coupon so that it's $15 shipped I will order ASAP.

cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:27:12 AM

Hey David!

Cheers,

CC

When did you guys start making these? I have seen similar items on the net for a couple of years now - steel cards, dog tags.... There was 1 company 'lasershark' or something that has been doing these since 2011! So please don't make it that someone did a carbon copy of your idea. Laser shark could be saying the same thing about you...

http://www.lasersharkdesign.com/shop/bitcoin-cold-storage-wallet

Cool! Have not seen lasershark until now. Sleek card. Not claiming we were the first to market. We decided to start making cards after seeing dog tags being made, and thought it was a good idea. Didn't see any others doing the same at the time, but it wouldn't surprise us if that was the case! Only claiming our idea was carbon copied in the case of the above competitor mentioned, as it was a tad suspicious seeing a company pop up 3-4 days after our most popular reddit post selling the exact same product with the exact same name, using a design a redditor had posted in our comments as a suggestion...

Never the less, competition is what drives the free market, and is a good indicator of a growing industry. As long as all consumers are getting what they want, and their moneys worth, it's fine by us Smiley Find the product that best suits you, and go with it!

oh...and don't forget to use the promo code "bitcointalk" for a bonus discount Wink

Cheers!

CC
tradepusher

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:49:43 AM

Do you ship to italy?
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 04:28:36 PM

Hello All!

Just wanted to send out a quick update! We ran into some troubles with shipping in April spilling into the start of May. Our post office incorrectly stamped 3 different sets of shipments, which resulted in a lot of orders being returned to sender (Us). We have sorted out this issue with our post office, and all orders have been shipped out again (most should already be in your hands!). We've been in touch with most people who's orders were apart of this mixup, but I just wanted to post here to document the issue just in case anyone had any questions. The problem was caused by a new employee miss understanding international shipping. The problem has been dealt with and won't be an issue from heron out!

In other news, orders are still flying out the door, and we have lowered the price of our cold cards to match that of our public ID cards!

Just a little reminder! don't forget to use the promo code bitcointalk for a nice little discount!

Questions? Get in touch!

Cheers,

CC
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:45:40 PM

Quick update on my card. I ordered it back in January and have had it inmy wallet ever since. As expected the card as bent slightly just from sitting on it but nothing bad. There is nearly zero wear marks, the qr code and all text is as clear as the day I got it.
Im very pleased with this purchase!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:33:54 PM

That is great to know.  I cannot wait to try mine out when it comes in.

Quick update on my card. I ordered it back in January and have had it inmy wallet ever since. As expected the card as bent slightly just from sitting on it but nothing bad. There is nearly zero wear marks, the qr code and all text is as clear as the day I got it.
Im very pleased with this purchase!

Dscoduc

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:52:11 PM

I like the manufacturing of the item, seems better than basic paper.  One thing that holds me back from ordering one is that I would not want the Private Key and Public Key to be on the same side...  also, I noticed someone had asked if it were possible to add any text to the card and if it would be possible to get it in Orange, but to after reading the threads I didn't see any response...

Lastly, would it be possible to create a custom order that consisted of 2 x Private/Public Cards, and 1 x Public Card?  This way I could put one of my Private/Public cards in my house safe and the other in my safe deposit box...

One last thing that concerns me about these...  Assuming you have to extract funds from one of these cards, it wouldn't be completely trustworthy to continue to reuse these cards, correct?  I mean, if the whole point of the card is for cold storage then after you had to sweep the funds into a different wallet you would have posted your private key into whatever application you used, correct?  This means that after I sweep the funds into my alternate wallet I should destroy this card or never use it again for cold storage... correct?
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:38:53 PM

I like the manufacturing of the item, seems better than basic paper.  One thing that holds me back from ordering one is that I would not want the Private Key and Public Key to be on the same side...  also, I noticed someone had asked if it were possible to add any text to the card and if it would be possible to get it in Orange, but to after reading the threads I didn't see any response...

Check these things out, I have mine coming in the mail. https://woodwallets.io/

Assuming you have to extract funds from one of these cards, it wouldn't be completely trustworthy to continue to reuse these cards, correct?  I mean, if the whole point of the card is for cold storage then after you had to sweep the funds into a different wallet you would have posted your private key into whatever application you used, correct?  This means that after I sweep the funds into my alternate wallet I should destroy this card or never use it again for cold storage... correct?

Yep, as soon as you extract funds from one of these cards, it's no longer a cold wallet because the private key has touched the client.

RainMan28

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:40:12 PM

One last thing that concerns me about these...  Assuming you have to extract funds from one of these cards, it wouldn't be completely trustworthy to continue to reuse these cards, correct?  I mean, if the whole point of the card is for cold storage then after you had to sweep the funds into a different wallet you would have posted your private key into whatever application you used, correct?  This means that after I sweep the funds into my alternate wallet I should destroy this card or never use it again for cold storage... correct?

Yes that would be the safest way to use these.

BTC: 18BEi5vPrPPYETiQt5eG9Sjjyt9DHorfYq
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: