Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Laser Engraved Bitcoin/Litecoin Cards (Public ID and BIP38 encrypted cards)  (Read 12782 times)
BorisAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:59:14 PM

This is not about you or me personally. When you get over that, then this discussion will be more constructive.

The title of this thread is "Laser Engraved Bitcoin/Litecoin Cards". I am genuinely interested in buying 6 cards total. I have been trying to (A) verify that product is real and of sufficient quality and (B) evaluate quality of the first sample myself before ordering more. It took a bit over two weeks to get (A) answered positively. I ordered (B) and after about a week I do not have a shipping date yet.

In the meantime, a NEW set of products such as t-shirts and mugs is inserted in the laser engraved cards topic. Annoying but ok. I can buy these kinds of merchs on MANY stores/sites. What I can't find anywhere else at this time are the main topic of this thread - cards.

Note, I am not going to use words "anyone" or "everyone" as I understand different people will have different opinions and generalizing is a clear road to inflammatory  trolling.

I am stating the facts as they are related to the original OP topic. What I don't understand at this time is what ordering process has to do with manufacturing and shipping the cards. Cryptocards had my order for many days now. They acknowledged they received it. We are past ordering. My question is unanswered so far on to where the hold up is in the production process. Examples would be: we can't get enough blank cards, our engraver can make X per day and your card is in the queue, we don't want to ship one card at a time international because of cost and use a distribution chain in countries, etc.

Each one of the reasons can be addressed by the op. It hasn't happened yet. No need for emotions. Thanks.

cryptocards (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 04:51:02 PM

This is not about you or me personally. When you get over that, then this discussion will be more constructive.

The title of this thread is "Laser Engraved Bitcoin/Litecoin Cards". I am genuinely interested in buying 6 cards total. I have been trying to (A) verify that product is real and of sufficient quality and (B) evaluate quality of the first sample myself before ordering more. It took a bit over two weeks to get (A) answered positively. I ordered (B) and after about a week I do not have a shipping date yet.

In the meantime, a NEW set of products such as t-shirts and mugs is inserted in the laser engraved cards topic. Annoying but ok. I can buy these kinds of merchs on MANY stores/sites. What I can't find anywhere else at this time are the main topic of this thread - cards.

Note, I am not going to use words "anyone" or "everyone" as I understand different people will have different opinions and generalizing is a clear road to inflammatory  trolling.

I am stating the facts as they are related to the original OP topic. What I don't understand at this time is what ordering process has to do with manufacturing and shipping the cards. Cryptocards had my order for many days now. They acknowledged they received it. We are past ordering. My question is unanswered so far on to where the hold up is in the production process. Examples would be: we can't get enough blank cards, our engraver can make X per day and your card is in the queue, we don't want to ship one card at a time international because of cost and use a distribution chain in countries, etc.

Each one of the reasons can be addressed by the op. It hasn't happened yet. No need for emotions. Thanks.

Hey BorisAlt,

I've addressed all your concerns in previous posts. I stated we were backed up, but our current process would be fixed by this week and we would be able to process orders in a timely fashion. As mentioned, your order will be out our doors today. This project launched as a test less then 2 months ago and the demand was greater than expected. This resulted in us playing catchup in our order processing, but that should not be an issue as of this week. If you have any other issues, please email us at contact@crypto-cards.com . There is no need to flood the thread with back and fourth.

As stated previously, this new merch offering has had zero effect on our card processing. Yes, you can get merch on many other sites, this was just an added bonus for our customers. Our primary focus is still, and always will be our cards.

Maxman: contact me for a custom order, we can get you hooked up!
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:53:22 PM

Maxman: contact me for a custom order, we can get you hooked up!
PM'ed.
BorisAlt

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:33:38 AM

Hey BorisAlt,

I've addressed all your concerns in previous posts. I stated we were backed up, but our current process would be fixed by this week and we would be able to process orders in a timely fashion. As mentioned, your order will be out our doors today. This project launched as a test less then 2 months ago and the demand was greater than expected. This resulted in us playing catchup in our order processing, but that should not be an issue as of this week. If you have any other issues, please email us at contact@crypto-cards.com . There is no need to flood the thread with back and fourth.
Sounds good, thanks. Looking forward to the card and test by fire video. That will be incredibly cool. I bet a few of my friends who hold bitcoins will come to your site after seeing that.

BitcoinTristate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 08:48:41 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 07:48:29 PM by BitcoinTristate

Nice looking cards.

BitcoinTristate  ☎+1-917-686-6420   ..::Highest Volume Trader on Localbitcoins.com::..
    100% Feedback   $20,000 Daily Liquidity  15 Minute Cash in / Cash out   Western Union | MoneyGram | MoneyPak | CashDeposit |
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 01:58:49 AM

Hello everyone,

So recently it has been brought to our attention that someone has decided they loved our stuff so much that they have decide they to open up shop and use the same name. What better way to compete than to confuse the hell out of the consumer?

On January 9th, 4 days after our most popular reddit post, cryptocards.co appeared. They registered their domains, business license, and well they were at it, applied for a trade mark for the name. All on or after January 9th. In order to avoid embarrassment when everyone questioned if the two brands were related, they back dated a couple blog posts as “proof” they have been around for a while.  The facts are there, and its pretty obvious what has happened

A few things we wanted to address:

We are in no way associated with the website cryptocard.co. It seems they are in it for the long haul, so I’m sure they are providing a legitimate product, and not another coldcoins.co 2.0, but would just like to clarify that we have zero affiliation with this brand.

Despite advertising as such, cryptocards.co does not in fact own the registered trademark for the name, rather they have applied for it (Jan 9/14). This process takes upwards of 12 months, including a 2 month waiting period if approved, in which we will have the opportunity to contest the filing.

We started this as a market test Dec/16/13, and since than we have been working to provide the community with awesome products. If you wish, feel free to purchase from cryptocards.co. They are offering a launch sale (they are not calling it that) for their product right now, under cutting us by a few bucks, but  by using the “bitcointalk” promo code we have been offering, we are 30 cents more expensive after shipping.

We are 100% pro competition, and with a product like this, you expect it. We are honored to have someone mimic our products, but find it rather frustrating to see the use the same name. It does nothing but confuse you, the consumer.

This project started as a market test, and needless to say we have hit the ground running. We’ve been playing a game of catch up, which included new equipment to meet demand, so wait time on orders will be down! We have been pleased to provide our customers with great products, and will continue to add more awesome products to our line up.

If you have any questions about this situation, feel free to pm us or email us at contact@crypto-cards.com

Thanks for your on going support,

Crypto Cards
BorisAlt

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:57:21 PM

Hello everyone,

So recently it has been brought to our attention that someone has decided they loved our stuff so much that they have decide they to open up shop and use the same name. What better way to compete than to confuse the hell out of the consumer?

On January 9th, 4 days after our most popular reddit post, cryptocards.co appeared. They registered their domains, business license, and well they were at it, applied for a trade mark for the name. All on or after January 9th. In order to avoid embarrassment when everyone questioned if the two brands were related, they back dated a couple blog posts as “proof” they have been around for a while. 

Thanks for clarification. I ordered a card today based on your tip from http://cryptocards.co/ to compare with your product.

To note: CryptoCards offers slightly better color selection (6 vs 4) of options than Crypto-Cards (this OP) at this time. They also have videos explaining BIP38 generation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtL5K3ffQUBIP38) and flame test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLgYh4kSEes).

They correctly state that the card is not fire proof and is only isolated flame proof. I wish they showed the other side of the card after the flame test though Sad

BorisAlt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:46:50 AM

As people seem to be interested, we will make a "will it melt?" video and posting it here! Stay tuned.
I stopped by a hardware store today where I picked up an aluminum plate. I used one of my credit cards to match the thickness. So, assuming these cards are not dramatically thicker than an average credit card (which they do not look like that's the case on photos), it would be a good approximation.

I cut a blank using a Visa credit card as a stencil. I placed the test "card" in the fireplace at home that was burning regular pine wood.

Once and for all: aluminum "credit cards" melt in about 2 minutes, proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF35HGdxZNA&feature=youtu.be

This is obviously MUCH better than a paper or a plastic card could do.

bmoconno

Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:55:41 AM

Thanks for the video BorisAlt, I FINALLY get to see something burn!!

Quick question:  About how far into the video did you start wishing you'd used a tripod?  Grin

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
BorisAlt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:27:04 AM

Thanks for the video BorisAlt, I FINALLY get to see something burn!!

Quick question:  About how far into the video did you start wishing you'd used a tripod?  Grin

LOL, no tripods with a phone.

krampus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Village Idiot

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:49:05 AM

I stopped by a hardware store today where I picked up an aluminum plate. I used one of my credit cards to match the thickness. So, assuming these cards are not dramatically thicker than an average credit card (which they do not look like that's the case on photos), it would be a good approximation.

I cut a blank using a Visa credit card as a stencil. I placed the test "card" in the fireplace at home that was burning regular pine wood.

Once and for all: aluminum "credit cards" melt in about 2 minutes, proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF35HGdxZNA&feature=youtu.be

As a guess, that's about half the thickness of a crypto-card.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
BorisAlt

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:02:12 AM

As a guess, that's about half the thickness of a crypto-card.

Well, I still don't have mine Smiley

maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:06:06 AM

As people seem to be interested, we will make a "will it melt?" video and posting it here! Stay tuned.

Can I send you an aluminum card reinforced with ceramic fiber and have you make a "Will it melt?" video on it?
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:17:48 AM

Thanks for the video Boris!

The cards are a tad thicker, and seem to take a little more heat. When I torched the card, after a min. it was still clearly readable. Just to mention again though, we are still not claiming that these are fire proof. They're durable. Not fire proof.

Sorry for the delay in posting the video, I actually have to re-make it, as I had a memory card error, and had to re-format the card. All this happened right after I got iMovie working! None of us our video wizards. Anyone with some video skills want to make a bad ass video using our footage (or yours!) for some free cards? Send a PM

Cheers

CC
BorisAlt

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:25:44 AM

Received the card today. As others stated looks very similar to the product described on the website. Fits in wallet very nicely. Will show at work to all the gawkers tomorrow.

One potential option you may want to add is your web address on the cards. I was just thinking if someone would want to order the cards, I would not be able to give them the right address easily.

Thanks.

hoodlikegaza

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:02:45 AM

What is the point of this? how can you use this to make or receive a physical payment?
KhmerRouge

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:04:58 AM

I want two please! Will you ship to Cambodia? Will gladly pay courier cost (Fedex or DHL).

Will pay with BTC.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:53:14 PM

What is the point of this? how can you use this to make or receive a physical payment?

The card i have is not a cold storage wallet so to use it I would show the card to the person sending me coins, they would use their QR scanner to scan the code and use their wallet to send coins to that address.

The point is to not have to memorize a wallet address or the need to carry an electronic wallet with you.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 10:33:35 PM

I want two please! Will you ship to Cambodia? Will gladly pay courier cost (Fedex or DHL).

Will pay with BTC.

We ship internationally, and accept payment via bitpay at our site, crypto-cards.com.
cryptocards (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:22:22 PM

Just a little bump incase anyone missed out! Dont forget to use the  promo "bitcointalk"!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: