Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:25:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PHPMiner for CGMiner v3.7.2 / SGMiner 4.1.0+ with multi rig support  (Read 11550 times)
prdatur (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:06:55 AM

rpc has no windows version so i think it doesnt work under windows

phpminer_rpcclient is a php based script so it run's also under windows.
extera

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:30:53 PM

I now have everything working with some help of a friend.
Why not share the fixes? (they might be quick and dirty, but hey, they work!)

phpminer_rpcclient not starting

add line to phpminer_rpcclient to remove phpminer_rpcclient.pid

add

Code:
        rm /tmp/phpminer_rpcclient.pid   

above the line

Code:
        screen -d -m -S phpminer_rpcclient su $USER -c "php -f $PROGRAM"

I couldn't add middlecoin pools, gave me the error 'difficulty'.
This might be the way to surpass the check of the pool is online to, so you can add offline pools.

edit:

Code:
/var/www/phpminer/controllers/pools.php

comment out the following:

Code:
/* 
if ($result !== true) {
            AjaxModul::return_code(AjaxModul::ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER, array(
                'url' => $params->url,
                'user' => $params->user,
                    ), true, $result);
}*/

Prdatur: sorry for abusing your program Tongue but i can't develop Tongue so used the dirty way  Cool

ondratra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:08:26 PM

What about that SGMINER - did anyoune tried to make workaround so it's API is supported?
bitcoinlord

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:46:45 PM

SGMINER support is coming. He's busy on updating the awesome phpminer program.

So, please stay tuned..and try to donate some coins to him. Smiley

prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

New version available: 1.2.0

Changes:
  - Add reset stats global and rig based
  - Add paging support when having many rig's
  - Add rig based pools (each rig have their own username, which is better for VARDIFF)
  - Fix Pool group collapse
  - Add support for SGMiner >= 4.1.0
  - Enhance RPC-Client install script
  - Add Cronjob to make sure RPC-Client is running
  - Fix notification url post thx @ sheinsha
  - Add sort mode settings
  - Add push.co notification for IOS thx @ sheinsha
  - Fix BAMT/SMOS compatibilty thx @ sheinsha
  - Add possiblity to add offline pools

After updates always update the phpminer rpcclient and restart the service.

People who just update and use Linux. Please install the cronjob for rpc client:

Linux

Please add a file named phpminer_rpcclient to /etc/cron.d/ with the following contents:

# /etc/cron.d/phpminer_rpcclient: crontab fragment for phpminer_rpcclient
#  This will run the cronjob script for phpminer to send notifications and other periodic tasks.
* * * * * root sh {/path/to/phpminer_rpcclient}/rpcclient_cron.sh
Please replace:

{/path/to/phpminer_rpcclient} with the path to your phpminer rpcclient directory.

Windows

For now this check script only exist for linux, if any one want to provide a script for Windows, let me know.
extera

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:28:29 AM

Nice features! Very nice to have support for sgminer now.
Mobile support would be awesome to. Changing pools from a mobile page would be a big plus.

Would it also be possible to support cgminer-keccak / cgminer-vert-scrypt
Maybe in such a way it will switch to the other cgminer when a checkbox is checked / algorithm is chosen in pool management.

I've send you 10k doge donation to support your great work.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:42:23 PM

Nice features! Very nice to have support for sgminer now.
Mobile support would be awesome to. Changing pools from a mobile page would be a big plus.

Would it also be possible to support cgminer-keccak / cgminer-vert-scrypt
Maybe in such a way it will switch to the other cgminer when a checkbox is checked / algorithm is chosen in pool management.

I've send you 10k doge donation to support your great work.

Thanks, there is an idea for switching algo's but this is really hard work. So i have to think about it. Mobile page is not planned, you can just open your browser within the smartphone and do the stuffs there, but a mobile solution would really explode the time Smiley
extera

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 06:53:03 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 07:42:11 PM by extera

well, mobile support would be a nice gimmick. But i guess you are right, i works well on most phones allready.

Multiple algo's would be nice. Now if i'm mining vertcoin, I can't use phpminer, and I miss it already Tongue

another thing: When the rigs hard freezes, I do not get a notification.
Is it possible to add a option to receive a notification when phpminer can not reach the rig at all?
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:07:54 PM

well, mobile support would be a nice gimmick. But i guess you are right, i works well on most phones allready.

Multiple algo's would be nice. Now if i'm mining vertcoin, I can't use phpminer, and I miss it already Tongue

another thing: When the rigs hard freezes, I do not get a notification.
Is it possible to add a option to receive a notification when phpminer can not reach the rig at all?

Think i will add 2 options "PHPMiner can't connect to Rig cgminer" and "PHPMiner can't connet to RPC-Client". Comes in next version maybe next weekend Smiley
extera

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:03:20 PM

Great!

i'm on vertcoin now. when you added support for it, I will enable donations  Grin
sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:44:30 PM

I am about to start coding the "Select your miner software / algorithm" but first i wanted to ask:

What will you prefer:

1) Having one copy of miner soft (cgminer/sgminer/cgminer_keccak) in a separate path each with a separate config file, and choose which one to use from phpminer. This means adding one set of options to phpminer config file per algo/soft.

2) Make it so you setup the command to run each algorithm so you set the soft and algo yourself for each like:
"/path/to/scrypt_cgminer/cgminer -a scrypt"
"/path/to/sha_cgminer/cgminer -a sha256d"
"/path/to/cgminer_keccak/cgminer -a keccak"

3) any other better way

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:12:58 PM

I am about to start coding the "Select your miner software / algorithm" but first i wanted to ask:

What will you prefer:

1) Having one copy of miner soft (cgminer/sgminer/cgminer_keccak) in a separate path each with a separate config file, and choose which one to use from phpminer. This means adding one set of options to phpminer config file per algo/soft.

2) Make it so you setup the command to run each algorithm so you set the soft and algo yourself for each like:
"/path/to/scrypt_cgminer/cgminer -a scrypt"
"/path/to/sha_cgminer/cgminer -a sha256d"
"/path/to/cgminer_keccak/cgminer -a keccak"

3) any other better way

Ok, I think we need to work together with this feature, because today and i think i will need tomorrow too, I will change that phpminer only needs to connect to the rpc client and the rpc client will do all the api commands. With this change, i will enhance the code for the rpc client to a class structure, to have a better overview against the current one.

Since you need to call the rpc client to kill/restart miner to ensure new algo is used you should wait this evening, i will push the new class structure (without the additinal api commands if I am not fast enough). So you will have the correct rpc structure to work with.

I think the config should be that each miner has it's own sub folder, but only the miner itself, not the algo too. Then you have to configurate within the rpc client config file the available miners and what algo's they can handle.
An rpc command should return the possible miners + their algo's.
Currently within phpminer you have a tabbed view of all rig's to configurate cgminer, there an inner tabbed view should be created with all available miners.
Then there are 2 possibilities.

First one is, if a different algo does not require a new option or can not have an option which is available on a different algo, then the cgminer config is finished here. The normal config options should directly appear.

Second one is, when the options can differ from algo to algo, then there should be another inner tab view with one tab which is called "global" and then as many algo's available a seperate tab.
The global one is the base, the algo tab will override the global option.

On save I would think within the rpc client config file, you have to provide, as it is now, the path to miner config file.
The option for config file it self (cgminer_config_path) can be removed, instead rpc client will create for each algo a seperate config file within this directoy. For example "config_scrypt.conf", "config_sha.conf" and so on.

What you think?
Hope my english is not too bad Smiley

prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:22:13 PM

New version available: 1.2.1

Changes:
  - Fix stored pools in cgminer when using rig based pools
  - Add SMTP From configuration
  - Fix add pool to cgminer config when adding pools to an active group
  - Add Rig based Start/Stop mining
  - Add better miner binary for rpc client confg.

People who use SGMiner, please open the rpc client config.php and change the miner from cgminer to sgminer
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:36:21 PM

Just a live sign from me: I am currently re-structuring the config files, so it will be better in performance and better to develop for me in the future.
sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:52:51 PM

New version available: 1.2.1

Changes:
  - Fix stored pools in cgminer when using rig based pools
  - Add SMTP From configuration
  - Fix add pool to cgminer config when adding pools to an active group
  - Add Rig based Start/Stop mining
  - Add better miner binary for rpc client confg.

People who use SGMiner, please open the rpc client config.php and change the miner from cgminer to sgminer
Great new features!

Just a live sign from me: I am currently re-structuring the config files, so it will be better in performance and better to develop for me in the future.
I will keep an eye on github then Wink

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
SirGeekalot

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:23:21 PM

is there any reason that the rpcclient script would use 100% of my CPU?

it starts off fine but ends up using all of my Processor power. i have to frequently kill the Process and waiut for the cron job to restart it.

any ideas?

prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:28:06 PM

is there any reason that the rpcclient script would use 100% of my CPU?

it starts off fine but ends up using all of my Processor power. i have to frequently kill the Process and waiut for the cron job to restart it.

any ideas?

I noticed this issue too.
Please have a bit time. I currently implemented a access control management. When it is fully tested and working the update will also bring up  hopefully a fix for that issue Smiley The problem is testing if my changes had an effect of it is a bit tricky because i have to wait some time after the load prob begins.
SirGeekalot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

Thanks.

its not a major issue. the processor isn't used for much else! just wanted to know if it was me or if it affected anyone else.

Look forward to the next update.

SirGeekalot

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:29:10 AM

Also, i just did a git pull and now i'm getting a DB Locked error.

prdatur (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:36:45 PM

Also, i just did a git pull and now i'm getting a DB Locked error.

Is the cronjob still running? When you get the error and how it is completely called?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: