Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:48:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PHPMiner for CGMiner v3.7.2 / SGMiner 4.1.0+ with multi rig support  (Read 11550 times)
itraxe

Activity: 264
Merit: 252

alt coins trader/miner.

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 06:39:47 AM

hardly waiting for mass pool change !

ur soft is da best

but we need options for alot of pcs controll
icaros

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:25:58 PM

100% cpu bug is fixed on latest git version.
Got it work also with windows: add this to php.ini: extension=php_sockets.dll
Sk1llS

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:39:50 PM

To everyone else who users PHPMiner and hasn't donated any BTC, LTC or DOGE, please do so! The developer says it's not worth his time to code anymore because he's got very few donations  Angry
prdatur (OP)

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:37:01 AM

So now i know, how much my work is worth. After 5 days with your post, there are some donations but only doge. and People are donating 84 doge in average which are     ~ 0.06 $. That's huge, or?
Sorry, new feature development is now stopped until some people think about how much work time I spent on it.
yotadrivers

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:41:37 AM

firstly, to get donation product will be working! not only for computer guru. I tryend windows and linus and cant' install. Need how-to or something like this
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:53:25 AM

Just to let you know how much time spent on it already. I started something around 01.01.2014
I spent every day 2 - 3 hours from mo-do, fr around 4 -5 hours, Sa + So arround 8 - 10 hours. Count up this for one week are 57 hours.
57 hours * ~12 weeks 684 hours.
I think it does not need a fully perfect working program to start donations and also I don't think that Windows are the only people who would donate. And as you see, the work time is very high. I think a gift to tell me that I should develop further is ok.
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:13:25 AM

Sorry, new feature development is now stopped until some people think about how much work time I spent on it.

Good f'ing luck with that.  Roll Eyes

You are barking up the *wrong* community if you think the tightwads in this joint will part with even a single satoshi if they can get it or something similar for free. That's not true of everyone here, but it definitely was my experience.

Seems like there is some sort of allergy or moral opposition to actually sending donations for mining/monitoring software around here.

Try building in an option for donation mining, that might have better luck.

Advertising a software product as free, and requesting donations as payment rarely results in you feeling truly compensated for your work; particularly in this industry. Getting mad because people aren't donating what you feel your software is worth kinda proves that you chose the wrong model.

Alternatively, convert what you have into a paid or ad supported product. Leave the existing product exactly as it is, offer an updated one via a private repo to people who 'donate'.  Smiley

Sk1llS

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:30:47 PM

I like the private paid for repo idea. I donated 1 LTC already, would probably donate again to get access to a private repo, but I can't be the only person donating. Sucks that the author has left but I do understand spending time and effort and not getting a reward is not gratifying.
prdatur (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:01:08 PM

Good f'ing luck with that.  Roll Eyes

You are barking up the *wrong* community if you think the tightwads in this joint will part with even a single satoshi if they can get it or something similar for free. That's not true of everyone here, but it definitely was my experience.

Seems like there is some sort of allergy or moral opposition to actually sending donations for mining/monitoring software around here.

Try building in an option for donation mining, that might have better luck.

Advertising a software product as free, and requesting donations as payment rarely results in you feeling truly compensated for your work; particularly in this industry. Getting mad because people aren't donating what you feel your software is worth kinda proves that you chose the wrong model.

Alternatively, convert what you have into a paid or ad supported product. Leave the existing product exactly as it is, offer an updated one via a private repo to people who 'donate'.  Smiley

You simple missunderstand my situation, for me phpminer is already finished, and was already finished for about a month - 1 1/2 months or so.
I thought then ok, if i can make a bit money with my work why not. So i enhanced phpminer and hope that someone think this is worth some money. So the additional thinks i made for phpminer were just for others not for me. Some features are nice to have, some others doesn't matter for me.
There is already a donation system included, so people can really decide a specific amount of time where they will mine for me. They have a slider from 5 to 240 minutes.

I like the private paid for repo idea. I donated 1 LTC already, would probably donate again to get access to a private repo, but I can't be the only person donating. Sucks that the author has left but I do understand spending time and effort and not getting a reward is not gratifying.

I could do this, but for this, people need to donate first. I know that this will be risky for people who are the first donater, because they can not know if someone else is also donating which will tell me to do the next steps.
But I noticed, If i now say "ok i will do it" The private repo is active and i start again to develope features. But for who? Skills would be one of the user which benefits from that but others, too? That's why I would have to wait until some users donated.

What I can offer is that I start accepting pre-donations. If there are not enought donations after 3 weeks i will refund all the donations from this time.

What you think?
GunPowder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:28:43 PM

Hello guys

I have a trouble with phpminer
After I installed it I'm getting 'could not find driver' at the top:

Please advise
Thanks in advance

P.S.
BAMT 1.3
Phpminer 1.3.1
php5-mysql is installed
Sk1llS

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:52:54 PM

What I can offer is that I start accepting pre-donations. If there are not enought donations after 3 weeks i will refund all the donations from this time.

What you think?

You can do that and I will donate 1 LTC again, but for others you will need to write out your ideas, other peoples feature requests and have a road map for going forward so people know what they get if they contribute/donate. Make images and screenshots (dont do the coding work) and show it off and say this is coming etc...Also not everyone has money and times are tough with the market being soo bad atm, you will need to think of a minimum donation, it might not be what your product is worth...but not many people have 1 or 2 LTC to give away.

Even if it means you need to make your repo private and going forward no one can install without a donation...anything but don't stop developing, even if it's in your free time (if you have).
Jerkson

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:41:56 PM

I too would gladly donate 1 LTC once it's working for me Sad

Everything seems to work - config editing, pool management, rebooting the server..

Everything EXCEPT any card info. I cannot start/stop mining, and I see no cards listed for the rig I added.

I know cgminer is set up to answer API requests on the local box just fine since the default miner.php file works just fine.

Does the pool management screen utilize cgminer API calls? If so then I'm at a complete loss.

Anything else you think I should check?

PS - Also, the config wizard screws up the values it stores based on what you enter. I had to go in and edit the conf manually to fix the errors (as well as edit the conf-dist for good measure)
In it's current state I feel it would be better NOT to have the wizard at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: