yes - 47 (20.8%)
maybe - 23 (10.2%)
idk - 33 (14.6%)
maybe not - 29 (12.8%)
no - 94 (41.6%)
Total Voters: 226

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtrend started?  (Read 9475 times)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:33:37 PM

Dude, he's joking around Smiley

Methinks there is a program out there which generates accounts spamming Primedice advertisements on this forum. Influx of new users which post incomprehensible gibberish and all of them have primedice promo link in their signature. Pattern! Easy way to make money, they think. Turn the forum into a dump, they do.

i am satoshi
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

Is this a downtrend or just a correction?

Personally, I believe we will see this downtrend in the next weeks, until we reach the 500 USD levels.

If we compare the china-bubble to the april-bubble, we see some similarities:
After the bubble, we trended down for several weeks from 150 USD towards 65 USD! I do not think we will trend down that much this time, but a downtrend will happen I guess.
After the downtrend, we saw slow growth and a lot of merchant interest. That phase will be bullish for bitcoin, triggering a new bubble.

Thoughts?

So after the Juni11 bubble it took nearly 2 years to reach that level again(30$). After the april13 bubble it took 6 months to reach that level again(250$). And now, how long will it take to see the level of the november bubble again (1200$)? 24 months, 6 month, 1.5month?

I like that forecasts Smiley ("eehh, last time it was 6month, so now it will be 6 month again")

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

Is this a downtrend or just a correction?

Personally, I believe we will see this downtrend in the next weeks, until we reach the 500 USD levels.

If we compare the china-bubble to the april-bubble, we see some similarities:
After the bubble, we trended down for several weeks from 150 USD towards 65 USD! I do not think we will trend down that much this time, but a downtrend will happen I guess.
After the downtrend, we saw slow growth and a lot of merchant interest. That phase will be bullish for bitcoin, triggering a new bubble.

Thoughts?

So after the Juni11 bubble it took nearly 2 years to reach that level again(30$). After the april13 bubble it took 6 months to reach that level again(250$). And now, how long will it take to see the level of the november bubble again (1200$)? 24 months, 6 month, 1.5month?

I like that forecasts Smiley ("eehh, last time it was 6month, so now it will be 6 month again")

Around 1.5 months then.... Oh golly! Everything fits so perfectly!  Shocked

Thanks for that!  Wink

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
firstlast

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:22:07 AM

Price went from 130 to 65 in July because MtGox froze all fiat withdrawals for two weeksTM. Such a thing has not happened this time around, so we are not in a downtrend, but more uncharted territory.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:41:28 AM

Price went from 130 to 65 in July because MtGox froze all fiat withdrawals for two weeksTM. Such a thing has not happened this time around, so we are not in a downtrend, but more uncharted territory.
I don't think this had anything to do with it.

I smell more than a small correction to the uptrend here. We'll see. Cheesy
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 01:47:17 AM

Cheesy

I sense this is either a bull trap or the mother of all bear traps. If it's a bear trap, we're going to the moon, guys. I'm confused as hell and have never seen BTC behave this way before, so I'm hodling as I already broke even on USD (even without the $997 Mt Gox owes me). I'm riding this badger all the way up or down. YEE Haw!!

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:49:39 AM

Downtrend?  FFS were you asleep this weekend?

no, but I sold some today. Think the downtrend is starting.
Were those your coins I got at 875 on stamp?

They might have been mine.

I impulse panic sold at $880! Funniest of all is that I had just 60 minutes earlier paid $931 for for 5 of them, the remaining 17 I paid £835 for.......

.......this is the second time I have cost myself dearly due to babysitting/checking charts at inopportune moments. In my defense, Bitcoin moves far too rapidly and schizophrenically.

I think you need some HODL therapy. I've heard it works wonders. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:03:40 AM

Cheesy

I sense this is either a bull trap or the mother of all bear traps. If it's a bear trap, we're going to the moon, guys. I'm confused as hell and have never seen BTC behave this way before, so I'm hodling as I already broke even on USD (even without the $997 Mt Gox owes me). I'm riding this badger all the way up or down. YEE Haw!!

you've been here quite some time to say you've never seen it behave this way... i wouldn't say it's anything out of the ordinary besides the obvious differences in price environment.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:16:20 AM

If we compare the china-bubble to the april bubble, we see some similarities:

After the bubble, we trended down for several weeks from 150 USD towards 65 USD! I do not think we will trand down that much this time, but a downtrend will happen I guess.

Just judging by the technical analysis I see, and based on the data coming in from sources from China and such, we're definitely in a downtrend that will probably certainly last between 3 months and 18 months and will go at least as low as the last double channel triple shoulder top a few months ago, just following the trend lines from the 2-3 day moving average oscillator.  That means the price will likely go at least to $78, before rebounding to new ATHs in 2018.  There is black swan chance the price will follow the more dramatic downtrend indicated by the exponential channel and we could see prices retest $2.

I'm really looking forward to this, other people's capitulation equals further consolidation for those who do not blind themselves to the unfurling reality. We shall see the true depth of the newly invested's levels of belief as the year(s) roll on.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 02:21:22 AM

What I mean is this is not usual post-rally behavior. First of all, it's the first "bubble" (actually it's a rally because BTC never goes again below it's pre-bubble price) with a double top. It's proportionally much smaller than the 2011 and April rallies, and volatility hasn't dropped much yet. Consolidation should occur in the $700-$800 range, yet it's over %80 of the ATH. Just weird. I was counting on being bored for three months. Now I'm just confused. Maybe it's just the fact that my stash is worth so much more now that makes me nervous. We're talking serious coin on the line now. It's like WSOP final table. play to get in the money or play to win? lock in a fortune or go for multi-generational wealth? I guess that's a good problem to have! ;-)

insert coin here:

Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:37:34 AM

Talk about retarded making polls with more than Yes or No answers, especially a simple question like this

skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:27:45 AM

What I mean is this is not usual post-rally behavior. First of all, it's the first "bubble" (actually it's a rally because BTC never goes again below it's pre-bubble price) with a double top. It's proportionally much smaller than the 2011 and April rallies, and volatility hasn't dropped much yet. Consolidation should occur in the $700-$800 range, yet it's over %80 of the ATH. Just weird. I was counting on being bored for three months. Now I'm just confused. Maybe it's just the fact that my stash is worth so much more now that makes me nervous. We're talking serious coin on the line now. It's like WSOP final table. play to get in the money or play to win? lock in a fortune or go for multi-generational wealth? I guess that's a good problem to have! ;-)

Why cant you do both? Lock in a small fortune and using poker terms, go for a freeroll for multigenerational wealth. Thats my play if i had as many coin as I think you might have Smiley
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 04:44:48 AM

Why cant you do both? Lock in a small fortune and using poker terms, go for a freeroll for multigenerational wealth. Thats my play if i had as many coin as I think you might have Smiley

I'm still an order or two of magnitude away from doing that. I bought in around $10/BTC, not $0.10/BTC ;-)

insert coin here:

T.Stuart

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:34:45 AM

If we compare the china-bubble to the april bubble, we see some similarities:

After the bubble, we trended down for several weeks from 150 USD towards 65 USD! I do not think we will trand down that much this time, but a downtrend will happen I guess.

Just judging by the technical analysis I see, and based on the data coming in from sources from China and such, we're definitely in a downtrend that will probably certainly last between 3 months and 18 months and will go at least as low as the last double channel triple shoulder top a few months ago, just following the trend lines from the 2-3 day moving average oscillator.  That means the price will likely go at least to $78, before rebounding to new ATHs in 2018.  There is black swan chance the price will follow the more dramatic downtrend indicated by the exponential channel and we could see prices retest $2.

I'm really looking forward to this, other people's capitulation equals further consolidation for those who do not blind themselves to the unfurling reality. We shall see the true depth of the newly invested's levels of belief as the year(s) roll on.

Giving yourself a few years for a downtrend seems like a sensible analysis to me!  Cheesy

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:06:37 AM

A big correction certainly lurks ahead, but $78 is just delusional.

Never ever? Never ever ever.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:17:04 AM

I'm seeing massive negative sentiment. Yeah, I know the graphs are looking scary, but with this much gloom, I'm wondering if it might be overdone a little bit.

insert coin here:

TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:20:59 AM

I'm seeing massive negative sentiment. Yeah, I know the graphs are looking scary, but with this much gloom, I'm wondering if it might be overdone a little bit.
What gloom are you referring to? To me it seems the sentiment on the forum is "omg wall street and new commericial adoption. btc straight to the moon gagnam style"
T.Stuart

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:24:02 AM

What gloom are you referring to? To me it seems the sentiment on the forum is "omg wall street and new commericial adoption. btc straight to the moon gagnam style"

I wouldn't say that + $20 / +30 per day is gangnam style, but it certainly is very positive, very rewarding, very steady and... very normal according to the  log scale... growth.

▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 07:27:32 AM

I'm talking about the TA tea readers. They remind me of that crazy guy in A Beautiful Mind who saw patterns in random data noise. every movement fits a pattern after the fact, but that's not very useful for predictions.  

insert coin here:

arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:32:35 AM

I'm talking about the TA tea readers. They remind me of that crazy guy in A Beautiful Mind who saw patterns in random data noise. every movement fits a pattern after the fact, but that's not very useful for predictions.  

well, how do you gauge the market then? not using patterns of any sort, oh no, i'm sure Tongue price history is completely irrelevant right?

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: