Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:58:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold AND Silver Bitcoins Available! Starting at 20% Above Spot Price!  (Read 4357 times)
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:31:11 AM

This looks really interesting Smiley I wish you good luck with your venture, and I have a feeling that I am going to be sending some BTC's your way very soon Smiley
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wildboy211

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:35:24 AM

Copper is very cheap, the coins would have to be huge in order to have any value compared to the cost of making them.

Have you thought about titanium or tin? (Not sure how workable these are for coin form) but they are worth about 2.5 to 3 times as much, making a smaller denomination coin easier.

Y'know, we hadn't, but that is an excellent suggestion! We'll certainly be keeping it in mind..

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread Cheesy

I was surprised at how cheap titanium was, we go through a bunch of it at work. That is relatively easy to work with. It's density is about half the weight of copper. I know I'd rather have a pocket full of USD quarter sized titanium coins that would be worth about 9.6 USD each. So you could make ones half the size for 5usd each. I bet a lot of people would jump on those for that price.

I would DEFINITLY buy some if it was black titanium, or better yet black titanium with silver:
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r947o.html

And if you do, please PM me, as i would be the first to send BTC your way.
MBS

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:41:17 AM

For the silver rounds, I would recommend having at least an acid test video done if possible if not a fire assay done.

Re: titanium, not sure exactly how you would have quarter sized coins worth 9.6 USD

http://www.metalprices.com/pubcharts/Public/Titanium_Price_Charts.asp
xurious

Activity: 413

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:44:38 AM

I would DEFINITLY buy some if it was black titanium, or better yet black titanium with silver:
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/r947o.html

And if you do, please PM me, as i would be the first to send BTC your way.

The only thing is the black part of the titanium is that it's a process or coating, it's just adding a non-value expense to the product. And it dilutes the value of the object itself. It wouldn't be .999 pure anymore.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
xurious

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:46:54 AM

For the silver rounds, I would recommend having at least an acid test video done if possible if not a fire assay done.

Re: titanium, not sure exactly how you would have quarter sized coins worth 9.6 USD

http://www.metalprices.com/pubcharts/Public/Titanium_Price_Charts.asp

Same price guide I was using. I totally screwed up my calculations. I just figured out the volume of a quarter, then used the titanium density to figure out what it would weigh. But.... apparently 7 hours of sleep in a 60 hour time span is screwing up my judgments.

RSantana

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

CoinedBits.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 04:47:28 AM

Copper is very cheap, the coins would have to be huge in order to have any value compared to the cost of making them.

If anyone is looking for copper bitcoins check out http://CoinedBits.com for gold plated 1oz copper bitcoins.

Check out the first physical bitcoin at http://CoinedBits.com
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 04:53:03 AM

We are planning on having a basic acid test performed tomorrow. After speaking with our mint, we are trying to figure out how we can conduct a Specific Gravity test as well. This type of testing is much more precise than just an acid test. And to ease the minds of our customers, our minted products are produced by an ISO-9001 registered facility, and all of their products are IRA approved. Tests to verify our product will be coming shortly..

My Bitcoin Mint
Sound Money...from your hard drive, to your hand!
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
xurious

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:53:49 AM

If anyone is looking for copper bitcoins check out http://CoinedBits.com for gold plated 1oz copper bitcoins.

These are dummy coins though. They aren't really worth anything.

RSantana

Activity: 111

CoinedBits.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 05:06:10 AM

Well "dummy" is a little strong in my view :-)

True they are mostly a novelty collector coin with not much precious metal value. I posted this because there was discussion over having a copper round.

The "real" value these coins have are that they can be put into "circulation" and create more interest in bitcoin and evangelize the bitcoin message to the world. Precious metal coins don't get much face time with people other than the owner.

Check out the first physical bitcoin at http://CoinedBits.com
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 07:45:24 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know, our Silver Bitcoin took an acid test this morning, and passed with flying colors! Pictures and video will be posted when we return from the beach.. Cool

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
xurious

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:37:53 AM

True they are mostly a novelty collector coin with not much precious metal value. I posted this because there was discussion over having a copper round.

The "real" value these coins have are that they can be put into "circulation" and create more interest in bitcoin and evangelize the bitcoin message to the world. Precious metal coins don't get much face time with people other than the owner.

My statement might have been a little strong, but I stand behind it.

I picked up some of the 1 gram silver rounds and shown those to people. The fact that the coin is actually worth more than a "oh cool" factor is a big thing I think. I know I have a couple friends who already want to buy some. I won't be flashing gold rounds to anyone, but the fact I can tell people, "This is pure silver and is worth something!" I would show off these new big silver rounds too. Few more days I'll be getting some..

MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 03:05:17 PM

My statement might have been a little strong, but I stand behind it.

I picked up some of the 1 gram silver rounds and shown those to people. The fact that the coin is actually worth more than a "oh cool" factor is a big thing I think. I know I have a couple friends who already want to buy some. I won't be flashing gold rounds to anyone, but the fact I can tell people, "This is pure silver and is worth something!" I would show off these new big silver rounds too. Few more days I'll be getting some..

Copper is certainly 'worth something', though not quite as valuable as the precious metals. It all depends on what you are looking for. We would like to offer a wide variety of minted products, and hope to include copper to the list. As paper currency continues its slow-motion collapse, all the metals (gold, silver, and copper included) will become remonetized in the post-fiat economy.

And we look forward to taking your order, Xurious!  Grin

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Pyr0

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 05:47:15 PM

i thought they were brass, not copper?
from the link you posted, i clicked buy to see more info and the price and saw:
"These are high quality coins made of pure brass with 18k gold plating. Each coin is 1.5" in diameter and weighs 1 oz. "
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 12:39:52 PM

i thought they were brass, not copper?
from the link you posted, i clicked buy to see more info and the price and saw:
"These are high quality coins made of pure brass with 18k gold plating. Each coin is 1.5" in diameter and weighs 1 oz. "

In any event, we are planning on adding a pure Copper Bitcoin to our resume.

Also, it appears My Bitcoin Mint is starting to receive some media attention..I will try to see if UDoPage is interested in an interview  Tongue

http://udopage.com/index.php

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 10:27:00 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2011, 10:39:02 PM by MyBitcoinMint

We wanted to share the photo results of our acid test a few days back. To remind our customers, our products are all minted at an ISO-9001 registered firm, and all of our Silver Bitcoins are certified bullion that qualify for IRA accounts.

Below are (unfortunately low-res) images of the Silver Bitcoin I put through the acid-test at a local jewelry/coin shop in NYS.

The black spot is where the acid was poured on the coin. The acid itself was clear; if the acid reacts with non-pure metal, the acid will remain clear to light colored. If the acid reacts with pure metal, it will turn dark and opaque. As you can see, the dark stain left on the coin indicates the purity of the Silver Bitcoin. And keep in mind, if this coin looks rather scratched or banged up, it is (it's my personal Silver Bitcoin I always keep in my pocket in case of unexpected dollar collapse).

In addition, we are speaking with our mint to conduct a further gravity test.

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 04:10:17 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2011, 10:09:12 PM by MyBitcoinMint

The first pictures of the Gold Bitcoin are now available... Grin

We will begin taking orders for the Gold Bitcoin later this week, after we have received our products.

The Gold Bitcoins are hand-crafted and minted, and weigh in at 0.5 grams. Scale-sized pictures are below.

If you'd like to reserve an order, send your request by PM or by email to admin@mybitcoinmint.com. Let us know if you'd be interested in reserving some coins from the first batch of hand-crafted/minted Gold Bitcoins!

Gabriel Sukenik
My Bitcoin Mint

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2011, 06:11:10 PM

Ordered and arrived. They're very nice  Cool

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 09:16:31 PM

I seriously considered buying these but the pics ruined it. I refuse (REFUSE) to buy an item which carries a blatant advertisement for its manufacturer. It would be one thing to have a small mint mark somewhere, or perhaps the name in small text around an edge but giant letters all across the entire back of the coin is ridiculous.
Freakin

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 11:07:31 PM

I seriously considered buying these but the pics ruined it. I refuse (REFUSE) to buy an item which carries a blatant advertisement for its manufacturer. It would be one thing to have a small mint mark somewhere, or perhaps the name in small text around an edge but giant letters all across the entire back of the coin is ridiculous.

That is kind of the whole point of the minting.  You have someone to check out if you think it's not the genuine article.  In this case someone can find mybitcoinmint.com and see their acid test, etc.

Look at nwtmint.com, for example

Every one of their silver/gold/etc bars and rounds has an entire side (or two) devoted to the mint that stamped out the item in "giant letters across the entire back". 

Stop being such a nit. If you want to complain, complain about the 20% vig on the coins.
MyBitcoinMint (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2011, 11:49:06 PM

We would like to consider placing an order for just the Bitcoin logo on both sides of the coin, however we need to see if their is sufficient demand for it.

The purpose behind placing the My Bitcoin Mint logo on the back is to lend the credibility of My Bitcoin Mint to the quality of our coin. We stand behind our product and want to make sure our customers are aware of that. Smiley

My Bitcoin Mint
www.MyBitcoinMint.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: