Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:40:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Solcoin [SOL]  (Read 33074 times)
roundrobin

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:37:33 AM

The coin is a good thing.
When I see the annaounce by dev team.
Dev team is really improve this coin step by step.
Maybe It no visibility recently.
But I know it will be a good coin in the further.

The proof is in the pudding.

There's no future without exchange.
Coinmarket.io will list this coin if someone will pay dev listing fee. I saw that RapidCoin was released 2 days ago and they are already traded because they paid 40000 RPD.

Any ideas, how much you are personally ready to pay for Coinmarket.io listing?
It's legal and it will make coin grow much faster.

o_O that is like 1.7 BTC. Whaaat?! I have used almost 100000 SOL for promotion, but I can maybe donate 10000 more if coinmarket admins actually agree on putting Solcoin on trade for a SOL donation.

I don't want to talk about RapidCoin... Let's talk about SOL. 812000 SolCoins are generated each day. It's too much. And someone with just 5 MH/s (small rig) can get about 270000 SOL/day. There's no fair distribution. Someone can just mine most of the coins. In this case only increased Hashrate can spread the coin.

But miners won't mine this coin if it will not have any profitability. If Coinmarket.io would agree to add this coin, I'm ready to give 500,000 SOL for this purpose. Because, anyway it has no price today, and there will be no investors and miners.

But is it 100% that they sign up a coin if they get a donation? I don't mind asking and helping with some of the SOL I have left after promo.

LTC: Lbha3tRmE75oHfF4SjSKpxVK2fY9PxrPUX         VTC: VguAuTdGRcQzihEgrJDYPYUuugGMMGFCNn
   FTC: 6fVWQ3eHhhgH1haqThQbxTFV8XjrqyuKY2          SOL: 8X6dLCY8MeZ6RNdBxzYQkd5kxWj8VVPJmL
DOGE: DMBQta9ME9cWnRPVXtEbi57CDk1uNpwzSh
minecrew

Activity: 224

MineCrew

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:25:24 AM

The coin is a good thing.
When I see the annaounce by dev team.
Dev team is really improve this coin step by step.
Maybe It no visibility recently.
But I know it will be a good coin in the further.

The proof is in the pudding.

There's no future without exchange.
Coinmarket.io will list this coin if someone will pay dev listing fee. I saw that RapidCoin was released 2 days ago and they are already traded because they paid 40000 RPD.

Any ideas, how much you are personally ready to pay for Coinmarket.io listing?
It's legal and it will make coin grow much faster.

o_O that is like 1.7 BTC. Whaaat?! I have used almost 100000 SOL for promotion, but I can maybe donate 10000 more if coinmarket admins actually agree on putting Solcoin on trade for a SOL donation.

I don't want to talk about RapidCoin... Let's talk about SOL. 812000 SolCoins are generated each day. It's too much. And someone with just 5 MH/s (small rig) can get about 270000 SOL/day. There's no fair distribution. Someone can just mine most of the coins. In this case only increased Hashrate can spread the coin.

But miners won't mine this coin if it will not have any profitability. If Coinmarket.io would agree to add this coin, I'm ready to give 500,000 SOL for this purpose. Because, anyway it has no price today, and there will be no investors and miners.

But is it 100% that they sign up a coin if they get a donation? I don't mind asking and helping with some of the SOL I have left after promo.

I think that if we will try, it may work. Smiley I don't think that Coinmarket.io wants to lose it's reputation. This is the 3rd trade exchange in my opinion aftere Crytpsy and CoinEX.
hash.so

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:23:15 AM

Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.
Doesn't this potentially fork the coin? Some wallets will accept blocks with coins that have matured for 72 blocks and older wallets will reject such blocks. Doesn't sound like a safe thing to do. I upgraded my pools wallet, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.

Hash.so mining pools with easy coin switching! vardiff, pplns, and 0% fee (1% default donation). Come join us! Smiley
Currently we have 40 scrypt coins and adding new ones all the time.
Support/request thread here.
wan570331

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:55:15 PM

Seems Hash.so can't get any block from Block no.14080.
I see these 2 hours.
It's plugged.
Another pool is normal.
wan570331

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:21:57 PM

Seem the block chain was fork.
It's stop at block no. 14169.
Solcoin Project (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:16:45 PM

The correct chain is in the two official nodes, both running latest version with 72 confirmations. They are both at height 14185, hash 27513e565cc18a9dfa4bc7d15910e6810d3a8030769177be2dcd3de190a8c3b8. You might need to remove your blockchain and resync.

I also see that both nodes accept new blocks every few minutes, meaning at least one pool is mining, and I think it's updamoon.com which I know has updated to the latest github commit (f40fcd119a61f557e23794d657128451c6435930).

Authors of [SOL] Solcoin - http://www.solcoin.net/ - service at solcoin dot net
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:24:42 PM

I think that if we will try, it may work. Smiley I don't think that Coinmarket.io wants to lose it's reputation. This is the 3rd trade exchange in my opinion aftere Crytpsy and CoinEX.

I'll see if I can get in touch with them.

Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:31:26 PM

Small update with correction to block maturity setting is available: Pools and node operators, please download latest version. The links on front page are updated.
Doesn't this potentially fork the coin? Some wallets will accept blocks with coins that have matured for 72 blocks and older wallets will reject such blocks. Doesn't sound like a safe thing to do. I upgraded my pools wallet, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea or not.

Yes, this had a potential risk, but it had to be done. Thankfully the Solcoin network is still small so the problem hit "only" one party, and I apologize that it was your pool that hit the snag. I hope you will have oversight with the bump in the road and keep operating your pool for the currency.

Both nodes and the other pool are running the latest version and they are in sync at the correct block - if you delete the chain and resync from scratch miners can resume on the old block path. Since we have few transactions going currently it only takes about a minute for the daemon to download the entire chain from the nodes.

roundrobin

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:48:07 PM

It was sol.hash.so that didn't catch up with the main blockchain, I have account on there and on updamoon and it's updamoon that is one the same block as the nodes. I synced my wallet and it didn't have to download all the chain form start since it talked to the main nodes. I think the faster sol.hash.so admin downloads the whole new blockchain the better. I preferred mining on that pool to spread hashrate out since updamoon got most miners.

LTC: Lbha3tRmE75oHfF4SjSKpxVK2fY9PxrPUX         VTC: VguAuTdGRcQzihEgrJDYPYUuugGMMGFCNn
   FTC: 6fVWQ3eHhhgH1haqThQbxTFV8XjrqyuKY2          SOL: 8X6dLCY8MeZ6RNdBxzYQkd5kxWj8VVPJmL
hash.so

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:36:23 PM

Yes, this had a potential risk, but it had to be done. Thankfully the Solcoin network is still small so the problem hit "only" one party, and I apologize that it was your pool that hit the snag. I hope you will have oversight with the bump in the road and keep operating your pool for the currency.

Both nodes and the other pool are running the latest version and they are in sync at the correct block - if you delete the chain and resync from scratch miners can resume on the old block path. Since we have few transactions going currently it only takes about a minute for the daemon to download the entire chain from the nodes.
actually I think there was no fork. My pools crons were just disabled. I think everything went smoothly Smiley I'll look more once I'm at home.

Hash.so mining pools with easy coin switching! vardiff, pplns, and 0% fee (1% default donation). Come join us! Smiley
roundrobin

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:02:08 PM

actually I think there was no fork. My pools crons were just disabled. I think everything went smoothly Smiley I'll look more once I'm at home.

I'll cross fingers, let us know please so I know if I can keep mining on hash.so to spread hashrate better.

hash.so

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:42:28 PM

I'll cross fingers, let us know please so I know if I can keep mining on hash.so to spread hashrate better.
Yeah, everything looks good. I re-downloaded the block chain, but none of the blocks got marked as orphans. And well, I did upgrade pretty quickly, so I guess we got lucky. A bit stupid of me to forget to re-enable crons after the wallet upgrade Smiley

Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:51:10 PM

We have a problem, actually. Both hash.so and updamoon.com reports to have found block 14224, meaning there is a fork on one of the pools. Both nodes are in sync. I cannot tell which pool has forked because MPOS never reveals block hashes, but I suspect it is hash.so after all since updamoon seems to have a higher hashrate right now. Could admins of hash.so and updamoon.com verify that your latest blocks match the block explorer sitting on the second node? ( http://solcoin-explorer.tru.io/ )

Whichever of the pools are out of sync should kill their chain and redownload from the nodes, unless you're interested in trying to race for the longest chain.

hash.so

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:07:57 PM

We have a problem, actually. Both hash.so and updamoon.com reports to have found block 14224, meaning there is a fork on one of the pools. Both nodes are in sync. I cannot tell which pool has forked because MPOS never reveals block hashes, but I suspect it is hash.so after all since updamoon seems to have a higher hashrate right now. Could admins of hash.so and updamoon.com verify that your latest blocks match the block explorer sitting on the second node? ( http://solcoin-explorer.tru.io/ )

Whichever of the pools are out of sync should kill their chain and redownload from the nodes, unless you're interested in trying to race for the longest chain.
Looks like it resolved itself, we won! Smiley

cflocation

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

it's a hardware thing!

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:17:18 PM

I have some coins to sell id anyone is interested 200k PM me offers
Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 09:29:30 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 09:52:39 PM by Solcoin Project

Looks like it resolved itself, we won! Smiley

Looking at the "official" chain as represented by the two nodes, it seems the battle is still not over, unless there's still some big player doing solo mining involved.

add.: Ok, hash.so is definitely at the upper block height right now, but both pools are still fighting about catching up, unless one operator already deleted and resynced.

roundrobin

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:55:58 PM

mpos takes some time to show orphan block, it can be 5-10 minutes, then you can see if that 14224 block fork was on updamoon.com or hash.so. But updamoon.com still asking 96 confirms for mature block so that might be a problem coming up later.

roundrobin

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:10:04 PM

But Solcoin project why are you worrying about this? It's not a problem and it takes something extreme for a pool to have to delete their chain and download it again. Those pools will sort it out themselves when they notice an orphan, syncing up to proper chain automatically.

Solcoin Project (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 10:12:07 PM

But Solcoin project why are you worrying about this? It's not a problem and it takes something extreme for a pool to have to delete their chain and download it again. Those pools will sort it out themselves when they notice an orphan, syncing up to proper chain automatically.

Because we have only two nodes. They are enough for this low hashrate and for just two pools, but since there was a fork and since the number of peers is low (two nodes, two pools) the worst case scenario is that one or both pools overtake the nodes, and then we have to resync the nodes instead.

hash.so

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

Because we have only two nodes. They are enough for this low hashrate and for just two pools, but since there was a fork and since the number of peers is low (two nodes, two pools) the worst case scenario is that one or both pools overtake the nodes, and then we have to resync the nodes instead.
I don't see the fork, both pools found the block 14224 at the same time. Both pools considered their version "valid". Other nodes in the network don't really care. And it was resolved when hash.so found the next block (14225). At that point updamoon wallet realized that their 14224 is not going anywhere and marked it as orphan. All looks very normal to me. A fork could have happened when we were running different versions of the wallets, but I didn't see it happen even then. (and I did redownload my blockchains when I first noticed that there might be a issue).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: