Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Bitcoin market going to collapse?  (Read 1020 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

If this question is answered in affirmative then we can then conclude that bitcoin is dead. I wonder the number of times that we have read e, before I joined the forum and long after I have joined the forum. Times without number threads likes this have been opened and discussed. The outcome of everything is that, whether its an increase in price or decrease in price, it is temporal at least into the foreseeable future but we panicked because we are more comfortable with positives than the negatives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:08:04 AM

we are getting closer to that day when majority of people realize that they should not use market cap for comparison and saying things like "market share" and "dominance" where they should really say "market cap" is silly. and hopefully we can soon see a new thing replace market cap which actually represents value of a cryptocurrency and by then you can clearly see how the real ranking goes. and we stop seeing silly topics like this pop up Cheesy
Maybe they concentrate too much on coinmarketcap.com Grin. I still do not know why a lot of people use the general market cap as a fundamental for anything at all. I would not blame them though as over time, they will get to know how irrelevant that seems to be and judging based on shitcoins available in the whole ecosystem like the OP said, will obviously not be affecting the value of bitcoin in anyway. As long as people stop putting too much relevance on altcoin having effect on bitcoin, I bet the altcoin stupidity will halt a bit.

Bitcoin will remain number one on the cryptocurrency market. Even if there will be a coin that will be more dominant than Bitcoin it will not affect Bitcoin price.
Bitcoin is far more established and as long as it is not stagnant with development, I do not see how some altcoin that is just popping up, most especially those ones who are clone and thinking they can do better will end up surpassing bitcoin in anyway. Some with real life product may have a demand for them in the long run, but competing with bitcoin or using present dominance to judge the state of the future like the OP did is just insane.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:02:23 PM

A collapse will not be going to happen as alts will surely going to be dragged down together with the bitcoin price collapse. corrections, dumps and occasional crashes are most likely going to happen in the present and future but with the current support and its strong community that would be likely to be a conspiracy theory for now, remember in the past history of its price and its crashes you will see how many times it survives from them and how the price grows constantly.
Roni116

Activity: 269
Merit: 1

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:50:23 PM

My opinion is that in time Bitcoin market share will keep reducing, as many other coins and tokens and platforms will keep surging.

In the long term, the blockchain technology is very disruptive. Bitcoin will more likely compete with Gold, Ethereum will provide a backbone for many uses.

So I am not really sure a collapse is incoming, it depends if a real bubble will quickly form.

I think the number of current crypto coins can not have a significant effect on bitcoin growth, bitcoin is the foundation of crypto and bitcoin will not collapse easily.

[ Soil.co ]
───────────[  Earn USDT/USDC | Up to 14% Passive Income ]───────────
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:02:17 AM

My opinion is that in time Bitcoin market share will keep reducing, as many other coins and tokens and platforms will keep surging.
I guess you are wrong on this. As bitcoin market goes down or keeps on reducing, these platforms, tokens or altcoins will not surge. Why? They'll share bitcoin's loss.
So I am not really sure a collapse is incoming, it depends if a real bubble will quickly form.
Bubble form or not, we're done with this term as even before when bitcoin is just on $1,000 there are too many speculations that it is a bubble. And whether bitcoin's about to collapse, it will eventually established and recover from that collapsion.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:25:44 AM

In the long term, the blockchain technology is very disruptive. Bitcoin will more likely compete with Gold, Ethereum will provide a backbone for many uses.

The real white of bitcoin does not say that it will be a store of value alone, it is primarily a currency that can be traded world wide and that is the biggest strength of bitcoin than the rest of the said altcoins and if that happens it can compete with the rest of the markets.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:10:50 AM

The market share of bitcoin has been reduced in an artificial way, there are many forks and some of them very big like bitcoin gold that has reduced the dominance in the market of cryptocurrencies, but also there are many new coins that appear and then disappear after a while that also reduce the dominance of bitcoin in the market, if the bubble really collapses all of the weak coins are going to disappear not the strongest coin in the market.
Dubious or not, nothing is going to change the way the market is in the long run as there is a lot of potentials for this market and collapsing is the last thing we will ever get to see at all. Government regulations however is making some people skeptical as how that would end up being the fate of bitcoin, but the truth is for now, no one knows, and regulation to me should bring more good than harm and it is not like it will end up changing the decentralized protocol anyway.

No, that would mean collapse of all cryptocurrency industry. On in the opposite, it is only the beginning.
But if alts can survive and raise in rates while BTC would decline, that can be a great shift
Market capitalization can reduce at any time based on money flow and that cannot be used to depict the state of the future of a market. The same way it flowed out is the same way it can flow in at any time. Bitcoin getting a huge drop in price will simply affect the alts as well and in that case, some alts may end up getting badly beaten out of the market eventually, and probably will be the end of all the shit coins.
woolf12

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:45:23 AM

No, that would mean collapse of all cryptocurrency industry. On in the opposite, it is only the beginning.
But if alts can survive and raise in rates while BTC would decline, that can be a great shift

Nice point here, idk how can it happen.. anyway, I hope BTC can become stronger this year, so to promote all cryptos more
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:17:00 PM

Nice point here, idk how can it happen.. anyway, I hope BTC can become stronger this year, so to promote all cryptos more

Well first of all, never say never. We don't know what circumstances can happen in the future that can cause a market collapse though i agree that it's highly unlikely at this point. More and more people and even businesses are getting into crpyto, accepting bitcoin and other alts for transactions. The value may and will fluctuate to drastic lows but a complete collapse probably is farfetched

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:46:25 AM

The bitcoin market does not collapse. a preliminary market. this is not a very simple thing. but it would be better if it was moving now. this speed is too low. and does not meet our expectations. Although the investments seem to be harmless, we are losing time...
Bitcoin market will never collapse. Instead of making this statement, making a statement in the benefit of Bitcoin would be more relevant. These statements have no importance in the market and its analysis because the in analysis we analyze the future of Bitcoin which is on the increase trend as resulted by the average calculations or theoretical output. Bitcoin will never collapse.
Tagus45
Copper Member

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:59:05 PM

It is difficult to predict bitcoin because of its unstable nature, when bitcoin prices fall but not necessarily the bitcoin will collapse. I think bitcoin is not yet time to collapse, bitcoin can still survive and the price will gradually increase again.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:57:24 PM
Merited by figmentofmyass (1)

Instead of making this statement, making a statement in the benefit of Bitcoin would be more relevant.
How would it be more relevant if someone only writes Bitcoin is going to the moon or whatever? We already have plenty of these moon boys here. And more relevant for what or who will it be, for you? Grow a thicker skin and welcome yourself again in the speculation section when you are ready. People are free to share their opinion and ask questions, regardless of how noobish or fudish or not relevant you consider it to be.

Bitcoin will never collapse.
That's the only thing of your post I agree with. Cheesy
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:42:20 PM

It is difficult to predict bitcoin because of its unstable nature, when bitcoin prices fall but not necessarily the bitcoin will collapse. I think bitcoin is not yet time to collapse, bitcoin can still survive and the price will gradually increase again.
Bitcoin price fallen but we cannot make a conclusion that it will collapse. It were unstable from the start and most thought it will not rise. Their is still a growth will comes into bitcoin platform and it can survive indeed.
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:26:13 PM

the state of bitcoin in the market will happen collapse, the possibility that it can happen but no one dared to make sure, because bitcoin is the mother of all coins, and until this far all the coin based bitcoin price, if bitcoin colleps maybe he just lost his team or have a competitor it really is serious to be the no one on the world of crypto,
hopefully useful success always
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:07:35 PM

A collapse will not be going to happen as alts will surely going to be dragged down together with the bitcoin price collapse. corrections, dumps and occasional crashes are most likely going to happen in the present and future but with the current support and its strong community that would be likely to be a conspiracy theory for now, remember in the past history of its price and its crashes you will see how many times it survives from them and how the price grows constantly.
  We can never say that. And I think it does not look like it would collapse. Just look at the jump in the prices of Bitcoin today. Such jumps do not let the market collapse. Also the technology has grown so much and the general acceptability for the technology has grown so wide that it is now an international currency and many companies across Europe and America use it as medium of exchange.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:39:20 PM

Instead of making this statement, making a statement in the benefit of Bitcoin would be more relevant.
How would it be more relevant if someone only writes Bitcoin is going to the moon or whatever? We already have plenty of these moon boys here. And more relevant for what or who will it be, for you? Grow a thicker skin and welcome yourself again in the speculation section when you are ready.

it's too bad we don't really have any resident perma bears left. anyone remember MatTheCat? i haven't seen kwukduck around in quite a while either. most of the old hands are gone now. nowadays we just got these thin-skinned newbies who come off like they bought at $19k and are shitting themselves. Tongue

alste comes to mind too. "$99 dead serious" ha....those were the days!

Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:33:14 AM

If this question is answered in affirmative then we can then conclude that bitcoin is dead. I wonder the number of times that we have read e, before I joined the forum and long after I have joined the forum. Times without number threads likes this have been opened and discussed. The outcome of everything is that, whether its an increase in price or decrease in price, it is temporal at least into the foreseeable future but we panicked because we are more comfortable with positives than the negatives.
Bitcoin market is currently following the stable market between the 7k dollar and the 8k dollar and so on up to 9k dollar. The value shifts constantly between these three values and becoming the market stable but the market is stable below 10k dollar which is called the low market. This low market is favorable for people and will collapse all the negativities and will result in green market.
bengsabeng

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:39:04 AM

the bitcoin market is now stable under $ 8k, I think it will be potentially big to form the green market in the next few days. bitcoin market does not collapse, bitcoin is just doing correction.

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

A complicated thought with the argument that the BTC market collapsed was rivaled by the shitcoin in the smart contract of ETH,which I have noticed if it continues that the value of ETH shares will not increase cause the sale of shitcoin is only at the value of ETH.It should be underlined that the BTC value will not collapse and BTC will not be the same as gold or its kind.

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:24:46 AM

the bitcoin market is now stable under $ 8k, I think it will be potentially big to form the green market in the next few days. bitcoin market does not collapse, bitcoin is just doing correction.

I am sure that bitcoin price will increase higher so I think maybe the price will change to the higher price in the next month so we need to prepare for the price is increased. and I am sure that bitcoin market is not going to collapse and even if the price is down too deep like what we see now, the price will recover soon and the price will increase later.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: