Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:47:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:52:29 PM

price is falling... Undecided looks like we had a hype pump because of getting added on mintpal...

The pump was happening before we got added to mintpal.. They added us after reaching 100+ and a 24h volume over 200BTC

This shows how much of a scam that this paid votes bullshit really is.

Just buy the coin ! Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:47:58 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 01:44:25 AM by Honeypot

price is falling... Undecided looks like we had a hype pump because of getting added on mintpal...

All long term coins face cycles. Now that we have begun to bring this into the spotlight, it could fall to 20 again and we would still be fine Smiley

No other altcoin aside from select few has dedication like ours, and with noble we can already purchase GOLD, SILVER, AMAZON GIFTCARDS and more. As long a adoption and market place integration continues, we are set to rise to our proper place with values far higher than minuscule amount we have today. Yes, I'd say 70-80 satoshi is miniscule. It would be 10 times that and would still be undervalued.
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:47:26 AM

Don't forget to vote for the web wallet! Now that we don't have to vote at Mintpal, you can focus your votes here instead Wink

https://mywl.lt/voting/

whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:57:25 AM

9bL4sPQBcAufE4WpmsrtfjkjHPtyZ9d1LR

thx

nice release but find nothing yet Smiley Smiley
If you'd like to get some noble, go upvote our giveaway thread on reddit Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/altcoin/comments/23hgzf/in_celebration_of_noblecoin_reaching_1000000000/

miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:14:30 AM

@NobleCoin  ·  38s

Been busy preparing info on coin supply, inflation, distribution & hard forking based on patience & 'sound money principles'. Details today.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:19:49 AM

The pump was happening before we got added to mintpal.. They added us after reaching 100+ and a 24h volume over 200BTC

This shows how much of a scam that this paid votes bullshit really is.

Just buy the coin ! Grin

True Dat!

@NobleCoin  ·  38s

Been busy preparing info on coin supply, inflation, distribution & hard forking based on patience & 'sound money principles'. Details today.

Looking forward to it. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:29:29 AM

Just leave the price and keep the good work,

Price hypes come and go, what we really want here is a steady growth.

This is not whitecoin/asiacoin/cinnicoin/shitcrapscamcoin and if you are looking for a quick profit please GTFO  Tongue
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:37:07 AM

Just leave the price and keep the good work,

Price hypes come and go, what we really want here is a steady growth.

This is not whitecoin/asiacoin/cinnicoin/shitcrapscamcoin and if you are looking for a quick profit please GTFO  Tongue

shitcrapscamcoin to da moon!  Cheesy
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:41:02 AM

I'd say 70-80 satoshi is miniscule. It would be 10 times that and would still be undervalued.
I would say volume (and market depth) is far more important than the price (whichever the price).

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:46:45 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 02:59:00 PM by Rofo

NOBL 1.1 Hard Fork Specifications

In summary: June/July fork: total coins to 5 billion, 'smooth halving' every six months. Still under consideration: Algorithm change & merge-mining.

Since release we've made a very strong point of going against the grain, taking our time to build and analysing (as best we can) where we, as well as the majority of our community, believe we should head. While we understand the immediate value in forking to new hot specifications to justify a rise, longer-term we feel they have the potential to damage or cripple a coin. We pride ourselves in not rushing forward with only $$ on our mind, and try to keep a critical and analytical mind focused on cryptocurrency longer-term rather than short-term profit trains.

Saying that, there are a number of things we are sure of with NOBL specifications we feel could have been done a lot better. We've learnt a lot, so please allow me to indulge myself. It feels somewhat weird in this environment proposing a fork while admitting the changes won't switch over for two months. We like feedback, we like being sure, we like testing and we don't like feeling pressured into something because a certain specification becomes hot for that month. I love the speed and demand of this scene, marketing, working, promoting and providing services/infrastructure. However, when it comes to something as definite as a hard fork for a cryptocurrency that represents real peoples money I just can't bring myself to give it a timeframe of a week or two. I genuinely hope you can appreciate and respect that approach.

The key specification we knew and admitted to wanting to change from early on was both the inflationary supply of NOBL and the high amount of coins. After a lot of discussion and 'soul-searching' we know we do not want to continue with 7 million NOBL added a day to supply for inflationary reasons and we feel the fifteen billion coin cap is unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I personally feel total supply and total coin amount is purely a psychological thing; I think market capitalisation and inflationary 'damage' are far more important for determining the value of each coin. To add, the fork comes at this time for the reason that the 'reserves' (if spent at current rate) will be mostly gone by then, so any accusation of us using this to increase the value of our holdings won't hold any weight.

PoW vs PoS
On the other hand though, there are points made in my PDF I also feel are very important when you combine cryptocurrency and 'sound money' policies. There are two mottos we are starting to apply to our stance on cryptocurrency and proof of work. One being a) 'Good things come to those who work' and b) 'Proof of work: invest in the system, work for your coin, provide value to the network.' We like miners, we like security, and we think the principle of investing in hardware and doing 'work' for a coin is how coins should be distributed to community members and/or the miners providing us with a working ledger.

Mining means the ability to introduce money to the system is controlled by an agreed upon protocol and is in the hands of anyone willing to invest in and work for the system, rather than in the hands of governments, central banks and other self-interested groups. Being able to mine a coin brings in new community members, it allows those interested in cryptocurrency to 'get involved' in a way that doesn't involve directly paying another holder an 'entrance fee'. It is for these reasons as well as ongoing 'ledger security issues' with PoS that we will not be switching from PoW.

Algorithm
One thing we will say about mining, while we will not switch algorithm right now and I am fairly positive towards accepting ASICs longer term in our PDF, I will be more than willing to publicly state I was wrong about them the second we can be 100% certain that they are destroying the scrypt scene. In that case we will act swiftly to switch to whichever algorithm has proven itself by that time. In some ways it actually feels that the longer we stay a scrypt PoW coin, the more unique we become as half a dozen a day become x11 or PoS.

Inflationary Pressure
A long period of high inflationary pressure is not something we want to let get out of control. Our consistent block reward at our price levels has been fairly good to us in terms of not putting too much downward pressure from excess supply (that seemed to have come from other factors). However the current rate of seven million coins a day without a halving or reduction in sight is the wrong approach and something we would like to address. We are proposing the following approach:

For the first 6 months, 5,000 coins per block are mined. From 6 months, every day a reduction of 1% is applied until we reach the point of 2,500 coins per block mined. This is in effect a halving only done gradually (a 'smooth halving'), taking approximately 70 days to be done and addresses the problem of a dramatic and sudden drop in coin supply, hashrate and # of miners. From that point 2,500 coins per block are mined for six months, at which point we do the 1% reduction per day again down to 1,250 coins. This happens again for the 625 coin point, and the 312 coin point. To make this clearer, see this spreadsheet.

Total in Circulation
With the 'fix' applied to inflationary pressure, we felt the 15 billion total coins was also unnecessary and want to cut that down to 5 billion. With around 3.6 billion coins mined after three years and only 449,280 (0.012%/day inflation) being added to supply every day thereafter, the 5 billion total coin mark will not be reached any time soon. One of our biggest concerns with reducing miner rewards and having a final cap on total coins is the issue of 'cost versus reward' some worry coins like BTC will face in the future. As block rewards reduce in size, will the transaction fees and smaller coin rewards be enough to make up for the mining cost of increased security? Will a perpetual block reward be required in the future to ensure those securing the system are getting compensated properly? We can't answer that right now, but this change in specifications gives us a few years to follow more case studies and see where this scene is going.

I will be adding on to this post over the next 24 hours if necessary to clear the air or add something I've missed, as well as provide some more info. It's getting late in Australia so I will be off soon, but there can be a lot of questions answered and concerns addressed. Taking our time to do things right leaves a lot of room open for discussion, improvement, feedback, and lets us reconsider important aspects if things change. It lets us share the github with a couple of respected developers we know, and it will let me 'disappear' (read: 2.5 hour drive to Canberra for meetings and a nice setup for some hardcore tinkering with new ideas) for a week in July to testnet this as well as some other tricks up our sleeves on a batch of 20+ computers with some new friends we've made down under.

Added: Merge Mining?
Personally I believe if we are to see many cryptocurrencies together coins of the same algorithm will be merge-mined together, so all miners are effectively securing and being paid out by all coins at the same time. Merge-mining will solve 51% and miner competition issues. However because it is only just being considered and discussed around the scrypt scene there is no reason whatsoever to rush into embracing it just yet until public sentiment towards it (and understanding of it) improves. This could be 6 months or it could be 12 months down the road, who knows.

pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:55:17 PM

thanks Rofo sounds awesome  Roll Eyes
james6546

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:03:00 PM

Great plan, let me know if you need any testing doing.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:04:35 PM

I would like to know more about this merge mining.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:38:09 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 02:02:36 PM by Rofo

To sum it up merge mining allows you to mine two or more coins at the same time. Charlie Lee recently made the offer to DOGE to consider merge-mining to increase security of both chains but was turned down (they might come around when DOGE rewards slow down). Every hash a miner does contributes to the total hash of every coin currently being merge mined, making them all more secure. Theoretically, you could mine every scrypt coin at the same time and get rewarded appropriately every time you were responsible for solving a block for any coin you're working. If you merge-mined NOBL, DGB, EAC, USDE, LEAF, LTC & DOGE all day you would end the day with payouts from all those coins equally for your hash (greater returns, although you would be dealing with higher difficulties).

Personally I believe if we are to see many cryptocurrencies together coins of the same algorithm will be merge-mined together, so all miners are effectively securing and being paid out by all coins at the same time. It is currently much more in use between BTC/SHA than it is with scrypt for now. I don't know how far away that possibility for scrypt is, but it will at least solve a lot of 51% issues and miner competition.

james6546

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:51:38 PM

To sum it up merge mining allows you to mine two or more coins at the same time. Charlie Lee recently made the offer to DOGE to consider merge-mining to increase security of both chains but was turned down (they might come around when DOGE rewards slow down). Every hash a miner does contributes to the total hash of every coin currently being merge mined, making them all more secure. Theoretically, you could mine every scrypt coin at the same time and get rewarded appropriately every time you were responsible for solving a block for any coin you're working. If you merge-mined NOBL, DGB, EAC, USDE, LEAF, LTC & DOGE all day you would end the day with payouts from all those coins equally for your hash (greater returns, although you would be dealing with higher difficulties).

Personally I believe if we are to see many cryptocurrencies together, coins of the same algorithm will be merge-mined together, so all miners are effectively securing and being paid out by all coins at the same time. It is currently much more in use between BTC/SHA than it is with scrypt for now. I don't know how far away that possibility for scrypt is, but it will at least solve a lot of 51% issues and miner competition.

But I guess currently you have to have a master and a slave coin? And noone is going to want to be the slave coin, unless it is under something like LTC.

I realise we all need to work together, but seriously I think we will have problems with this. I also know it doesn't mean anything, but mentally I think it would.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:56:42 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 02:13:20 PM by Rofo

Yes it means someone has to fork to merge underneath a 'master-chain'. I've already publicly stated we would be happy to merge under the current market leader LTC. Not immediately, only if it became a viable option in the future, and it can be done at any time. They have earned their place as the primary scrypt coin. I have nothing against DOGE whatsoever, but I think as they halve again they will again lose more miners (lack of 'reward'), until it comes to the point that they will need to get security by another means. However because merge-mining is only just being considered and discussed there is no reason whatsoever to rush into embracing it just yet until public sentiment towards it (and understanding of it) improves. This could be 6 months or it could be 12 months down the road, who knows.

Perfect post for understanding merge-mining: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/22niq9/merged_mining_amafaq/

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:31:26 PM

I think it's a very good plan and it makes the future of the coin more secure.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

Personally I believe if we are to see many cryptocurrencies together coins of the same algorithm will be merge-mined together, so all miners are effectively securing and being paid out by all coins at the same time. It is currently much more in use between BTC/SHA than it is with scrypt for now. I don't know how far away that possibility for scrypt is, but it will at least solve a lot of 51% issues and miner competition.
Thx, I had heard that Doge turned LTC down (I think it may be because they are considering algorithm change) But I wasn't aware that Noble had been made the same offer. That would be a good thing I would think if we are to stay ASIC friendly.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 04:33:52 PM

Thx, I had heard that Doge turned LTC down (I think it may be because they are considering algorithm change) But I wasn't aware that Noble had been made the same offer. That would be a good thing I would think if we are to stay ASIC friendly.

Lee made the open offer to all coins to merge-mine underneath. In some ways there isn't much he can do to prevent coins forking to be 'compatible'. I agree, it will be a very important step to protect from ASICs, everyone can just mine a 'merger' of dozens of coins and enjoy the payouts from all.

Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 04:49:33 PM

Lee made the open offer to all coins to merge-mine underneath. In some ways there isn't much he can do to prevent coins forking to be 'compatible'. I agree, it will be a very important step to protect from ASICs, everyone can just mine a 'merger' of dozens of coins and enjoy the payouts from all.
But if a 'normal' miner can than so can an ASIC miner, how would that protect from them?

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: