Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:45:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EUROPEAN BITCOIN CONFERENCE 2011, PRAGUE NOV 25-27  (Read 94447 times)
worldly (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 03:49:00 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2011, 11:13:33 AM by worldly

http://bitgroups.org/pdf/official_program.pdf

UPDATE 09/11/2011

Thanks to a major sponsor coming on board ticket prices are 75€

UPDATE 08/10/2011

We have a great lineup and program just about complete, here is the preliminary program.

http://conference.bitgroups.org/officialprogram.pdf

More speakers, activities and entertainment to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 16/09/2011

Just over a week left for early bird registrations, please register to take advantage of the discount.  We need to get an idea of numbers so we can make some reservations for an appropriate venue.

Payment is not due, just register yourself to lock in the price, 150 Euros is the early bird price 165 Euros after that.
conference.bitgroups.org

UPDATE: 13/09/2011

Keynote Speakers:

Amir Taaki (Confirmed)
Rickard Falkvinge (Confirmed)
Vladimir Marchenko (Confirmed)

Offer:

Hotel is now unbundled from the package, we won't be offering accommodation at all but will recommend some hotels where participants can book to stay in the same place as others.

Conference Price:
150 Euro early bird price for registrations up till 24th of September.
165 Euro after this date.

Limit of 280 people.

Still awaiting confirmation on the venue but it looks like it will be at The Prague Conference Centre.

Sponsorship is still 10 bitcoins for all registrations up till the 16/09/2011 and then 15 bitcoins.

Due to logistics we are able to offer lower prices for anyone registering or sponsoring early.  So jump online, payment is not due at the time of registration.

Mitch
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are glad to announce after weeks of planning we will be holding a European Bitcoin Conference in Prague, hosted by Mitchell Bourne in association with the Bitcoin Consultancy.

My name is Mitchell Bourne, the Organiser.  You can find more about me at gplus.to/mitchellbourne/about .  Like everyone here, I have a passion for bitcoin.  I have been involved in various businesses and entrepreneurial activities for a long time.  This is my introduction to the forums and what I plan to bring is a conference and hub for European bitcoiners to learn, meet, do business and share ideas.  The specifics of the conference are well organised and detailed in this post and on the site.  However, if the community wants to change something, we will be as flexible as possible.  Planning first started for this event back in late July.  We have tried to fill in as many details as possible before making this announcement to the community.  The venture is being held in association with the Bitcoin Consultancy who have been long-term active and reliable members of the bitcoin community.  They have been good enough to lend their expertise and support in order to make it a great event.

I have the resources and organisational background to properly execute the function.  There are 4 people on this fulltime from now till the event.  We also have a professional event organiser on the team.

We want to make something for all parts of the community by having very in depth talks from experts about Bitcoin in the following areas;
•   development
•   mining
•   law
•   economics
•   finance
•   Plus more

We want it to be a place to share ideas where people already involved can learn at a high level.  We want to include merchants and focus on merchants who are doing novel things that play on the strengths of bitcoin.  Instead of a merchant who sells a good or a commodity like one would sell for dollars, a merchant who is using the microtransaction capacity, a merchant whose business could not survive without irreversible electronic and fast payments as is only possible in bitcoin... and ideas... what can we do with this new technology that is not just cheaper but fundamentally different (new markets).

Prior to this announcement, I have been in touch with as many guys in the community as I could to get their feedback and incorporate it into the plan.

We know that there has been some controversy surrounding Bruce Wagner. We have been delaying our announcement of this Conference but as we do not know how/when this might die down we are forced to announce in the middle of the storm.

The most important part of making this conference a success is the community getting behind it.  If you would like to show your support, this is what I ask of the community;

•   Provide feedback in what you would like to see at the conference, we love ideas.
•   Constructive criticism welcome
•   If you have something interesting in the works and would like to do a talk on, please submit your ideas.
•   If you have some interesting technology you would like to assist in any aspect of the conference please get in touch.
•   Any other assistance you would like to offer that doesn’t fit into the above points please let us know.
•   Register on the site as early as you can so we have more time to organise logistics.

If we can get community support on the above points then we can focus on marketing the conference to a wider audience.  Our aim is to bring in Business People, Entrepreneurs and Media that bitcoin needs for public adoption.  

Why Prague?
Prague is a beautiful city, in a Central European location which is cost effective.  It’s safe and a great place to visit so we think it’s the perfect place to hold the first European Conference.  There has been some discussion about holding the conference in a major financial hub which we think is a really good idea.   We have to take into account the costs of putting on such a conference in these early days of bitcoin and how that would reflect in ticket prices.  These are the reasons we have selected Prague as the host city.

The Venue
There are some very nice hotels in Prague to hold the conference at and we think we have secured one of the better ones, our current plans are for http://www.panoramahotelprague.com/home where we have confirmed our booking.  There will be a second hotel of equal quality which will be confirmed before payments are taken.

The Package
2 nights accommodation, free internet, breakfast, fitness centre and business room included.
3 day entry to the conference.

Price
310 Euro payable in Bitcoins
CZ residents that don't want hotel package 150 Euro
If you are not interested in the hotel package, please register and mention it.  We will make a decision on availability of this soon.

You can download the overview here: http://conference.bitgroups.org/program.pdf and visit the site here: http://conference.bitgroups.org/ Payments will be collected and held by Bitcoinconsultancy.com and refunds available up till the 24th of October with a limit of 300 people to attend.
We will keep everyone updated with Twitter (http://twitter.com/bitgroups and Blog posts (http://conference.bitgroups.org/blog/).

Looking forward to seeing you in Prague,

Mitchell Bourne and Team
Organisers of the European Bitcoin Conference, Prague 2011
Twitter: @bitgroups
Hashtag: #eurobit
Conference.bitgroups.org

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:51:39 PM

Interesting

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:54:42 PM

Very interesting. Will definitely keep an eye on this.
someotherguy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:00:15 PM

Looks great, I hope all goes well and it is a great success!
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:00:37 PM

Monitoring this

guywhogotgoxed

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:04:40 PM

Looks like a good idea. Prague is affordable, the hotel seems affordable, and a flight to Prague is at approximately €60 for me. Unless I have obligatory appointments during those days, I may very well attend the conference!
BitcoinBug

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:07:45 PM

Nice!
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:12:11 PM

GLBSE, The Bitcoin Stock exchange is sponsoring this event (along with others), we're going to have a speaker ....speaking (sadly not me).
I'm really grateful to worldly who has put a lot of effort into this (and is continuing to do so), and we're really looking forward to it.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:19:17 PM

Mitch contacted us at the Bitcoin Consultancy a few weeks ago and I started talking to him and getting to know him over Skype. Before he contacted me, he already had done a great job at planning and looking at the most cost effective way of having a high-class bitcoin conference in Europe. He was also open suggestions. The more I talked with him I got confidence in his ability to organize an event.

After a few days of talking, I got our lawyer involved. I can safely say that Mitch is doing things the right way. For this reason, I wanted to support him greatly. While the event is co-hosted, Mitch is the supreme organizer and creative director for this conference.
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:24:39 PM

Mitch is doing things the right way and I'm impressed with how he and his team are going about it this - completely professionally and above board. None of the crazy antics and over blown hype here, these guys know what they are doing.  If I can get away for that weekend, I will most certainly be there.

THIS is the conference that will actually have some groundbreaking announcements and real work being done to better our community and the acceptance of BTC in the mainstream.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 04:25:47 PM

Hey Mitch:

Here's a suggestion for the conference. Find Bitcoin detractors and let them debate the issues with members of the Bitcoin community. Find an economist who thinks Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme, give him a platform to expose his ideas, then have him debate them in the open with someone from the Bitcoin camp. Find a tech guy who thinks he may have detected a problem with the code and let him debate Gavin or Jeff. Find someone who believes the current monetary system is just fine, and that centralisation is crucial to a currency... you get the gist.

We need to open this discussion a bit. The rest of the world sees Bitcoin as a hobby, largely because the Bitcoin community is closed and has a definite proselytising slant to it. A sophisticated, high level argument will only benefit us in the end.

Cheers,
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:29:18 PM

I, aka Bitcoil, will be attending the event as a sponsor.

They NYC conference was very interesting, but we need a much better organized conference. I'm confident in Mitchell's ability to run this professionally and successfully.

Mitchell, there should be an official attendance list to which people can optionally add their real name and/or forum/IRC nickname. It should also be possible for people who haven't yet paid to be able to add themselves with an "unconfirmed" status. In addition to a list of names, the total number of people, including those who wished not to reveal their identity, should be displayed.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:55:41 PM

Good to see the pros coming out to play Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:04:34 PM

Monitoring this thread

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BitSense Informatics

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 05:44:42 PM

Watching this as well.

Colargol

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:50:23 PM

THIS is the conference that will actually have some groundbreaking announcements...

Careful now...   Wink

OT:
Btw, I've always been curious why Ron Paul has a pancake on his head. 

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
BlockHash

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:54:12 PM

THIS is the conference that will actually have some groundbreaking announcements...

Careful now...   Wink

OT:
Btw, I've always been curious why Ron Paul has a pancake on his head.  

The better question is why Ron Paul wouldn't have a pancake on his head?  Wink

I actually just like the art and the pancake is just random that it makes it hilarious, plus I love Ron Paul. I'm sorry, I'm odd.
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:56:21 PM

Awesome, its cool to see someone put some effort into a real convention.  Props to you.  Smiley

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 06:12:13 PM

They probably want it in Prague because of the prevalent sex trade..

http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1060878.html

sorry...I just could not help myself..

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BlockHash

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 06:13:57 PM

They probably want it in Prague because of the prevalent sex trade..

http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1060878.html

sorry...I just could not help myself..

Prague has actually taken significant steps at curbing the trade of children and adults into sex trafficking, according to UNESCO.

Unlike other places that shall remain nameless *cough* Pattaya *cough*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: