Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Ninja Group Buy .35BTC=30GH - 30 ANTs + Day 1 Netpune [0/300]  (Read 18989 times)
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 08:20:24 PM

I know we have a few shares left for GB2 and 3 but do you think you'll do a GB4?  Any idea what your gonna get?  Maybe put it up to a vote for readily available asic hardware?

Yes there will be #4; we're just not sure what exactly we are going to offer.  I'm building a test rig with 7 290x's in a 4U case next week....hint

That would be sweet especially if you can get a good price on them.  I've seen Scrypt GBs before and they are always so expensive for the hash rate you get on them.  Of course that because it costs a lot more to set up a Scrpt rig.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:31:47 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 12:41:05 PM by Kapz786

+1 for a Scrypt groupbuy that will be awesome
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:48:27 AM

+1 for a Scrypt groupbuy that kill be awesome

+1, I'd also join if the price is good enough.
Kapz786

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:40:15 PM

I know its early days but considering the majority of this GB consists of members buying under 10 shares have we thought about options after the 120 days has elapsed in terms of the hardware?

What about grouping together members so 3-4 take "ownership" of an S1 and can then sell it (assuming difficulty etc has skyrocketed) and then distribute among the smaller group - not saying this is the answer but curious what everyone else thinks
mpjetta

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:46:43 PM

+1 for a Scrypt groupbuy that kill be awesome

+1, I'd also join if the price is good enough.

Me too!
Timetwister
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:04:00 PM

I know its early days but considering the majority of this GB consists of members buying under 10 shares have we thought about options after the 120 days has elapsed in terms of the hardware?

What about grouping together members so 3-4 take "ownership" of an S1 and can then sell it (assuming difficulty etc has skyrocketed) and then distribute among the smaller group - not saying this is the answer but curious what everyone else thinks

I thought that MWNinja would sell them himself if they are no longer profitable.
sgrimmett

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:04:38 PM

Yes there will be #4; we're just not sure what exactly we are going to offer.  I'm building a test rig with 7 290x's in a 4U case next week....hint

I'll be curious to learn of your progress on that - I'm thinking that you may run into some serious cooling issues cramming that many GPU's into a 4u case running at 100%.  Also, possible power issues?  Each 290X pulls around 300watts (give or take) on full steam, so you could be over 2kw with just the gpus, not counting mobo, hard drive (if used), cpu.
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

I'll be curious to learn of your progress on that - I'm thinking that you may run into some serious cooling issues cramming that many GPU's into a 4u case running at 100%.  Also, possible power issues?  Each 290X pulls around 300watts (give or take) on full steam, so you could be over 2kw with just the gpus, not counting mobo, hard drive (if used), cpu.

It will all be well documented, we may end up in 2 cases if that's what it takes.  I have enough GPU experience that I know I can get *something* working, so we are starting with a prototype before committing to doing 40+ GPU cabs.  Group #4 will own the prototype rig.
sgrimmett

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

It will all be well documented, we may end up in 2 cases if that's what it takes.  I have enough GPU experience that I know I can get *something* working, so we are starting with a prototype before committing to doing 40+ GPU cabs.  Group #4 will own the prototype rig.

Sounds good!  There is no doubts in my mind that you can get it working!  I am just very interested in if you can get it to work in a hosted datacenter environment with the space (to manage the heat), and power requirements (perhaps with the upcoming cage and access to lot's of power, I'm in the wrong).  And, if so, I'm in for shares!  I've been impressed with the speed of your build outs before!
Timetwister
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:59:44 PM

Yes there will be #4; we're just not sure what exactly we are going to offer.  I'm building a test rig with 7 290x's in a 4U case next week....hint

It will all be well documented, we may end up in 2 cases if that's what it takes.  I have enough GPU experience that I know I can get *something* working, so we are starting with a prototype before committing to doing 40+ GPU cabs.  Group #4 will own the prototype rig.

How much do you pay per kw/h? And where do you plan to mine, on Middlecoin (http://www.middlecoin.com/, so they switch between coins and sell them for you)?
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:29:03 PM

Please post here when/if GB#4 starts for those who have this thread on watch. Thanks.
Kapz786

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:24:14 AM

I thought that MWNinja would sell them himself if they are no longer profitable.

MWNinja - is this something you would facilitate?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:10:33 PM

MWNinja - is this something you would facilitate?

We anticipate running this equipment for a long time to come yet.  If you take a look at how the competition stacks up, we are still in the running power wise.  Cointerra totally missed the mark. Remember all of the Gen 1 Asicminer, Gen 1 & 2 Avalon, Gen 1 BFL, all would need to be turned off before the Antminers. I've kept a mountain of shipping materials to help facilitate selling off the miners when the time comes to upgrade.  Generally speaking, we would expect members to upgrade/trade-in toward newer equipment as the difficulty increases.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:31:49 PM

Please post here when/if GB#4 starts for those who have this thread on watch. Thanks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434311.0 Group #4 is launched.
dunchy

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:03:17 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434311.0 Group #4 is launched.

Take a decent sleep Ninja will you ? Smiley
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:27:31 PM

I note the 24 hour BTC rate is tumbling rapidly, pretty well halved in the last week, we need that Neptune ... Wink
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:00:14 PM

I note the 24 hour BTC rate is tumbling rapidly, pretty well halved in the last week, we need that Neptune ... Wink
OUCH!!!  That hurts to look at.  I hope it's just some really bad luck on BTCguild cause that's a huge drop.  We do desperately need that Neptune!

Edit:

Ya... really bad luck...

Approximate Pool Luck* (24H / 3D / 1W / 2W / 1M): 63.068% / 87.287% / 100.327% / 102.589% / 102.465%

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
Raw-H

Activity: 324

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:14:00 PM

I'ts going up now luckily
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:14:35 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 05:25:09 PM by MWNinja

Week #3 Dividends
Total Earnings: 9BTC Payout Addr
Total Shares: 300
Hosting fees:
Amount per share:0.03BTC
Tx Fee: .004  Transaction

Bad News ~ Luck was down a bit this week.  Good news ~ the next difficulty increase doesn't look too bad yet.
dunchy

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

Looks like we got ourselves a really good deal witn KnC Smiley

Taken from their email (now probably already on their website ):

Plan B

As you are all aware we broke many world records in releasing the 28nm chip in such a short amount of time. We are a very ambitious company but even for us, to go “all in” and not be able to deliver on our performance targets, like our competition, would be completely unacceptable to us as a company and everything we stand for. So today we are introducing, Plan B.

To make sure that everyone who has paid for their Neptune we are building a data centre like no other. It is located in the north of Sweden not far from Facebook and other Mega Data Centres and it’s totally powered by renewable energy.

Over the next few months we are bringing online enough hashing power to make sure that any delay in the Neptune timeline will be compensated with a completely free hosted hashing packages to all fully paid customers.

In the addition to this commitment, as part of Plan B, for all Neptune customers, we will be offering a free conversion to a hosted hashing package where we will simply fill your wallets directly and you won’t have to worry about anything else. All the other costs taken care of by us. We are able to do this by using our 28nm chips which is why all products that we have coming out of our factory in the next few months will go into building and supplying the Plan B facility.

If, during the course of development of Neptune, there is any threat to the timelines for delivery, those delays will not result in the loss of any mining time for our Neptune customers. We will release more details of this as we get closer to the delivery date, but for now we have one of the world’s largest data centres to build.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: