Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Ninja Group Buy .35BTC=30GH - 30 ANTs + Day 1 Netpune [0/300]  (Read 18989 times)
lowerjerzey

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

Hey Ninja,

Since by now you are an S1 super pro ninja expert I was hoping for some advice.  I have 2 S1s en route and was wondering if you have any tips for me.  I'm going to be putting them in the basement where it's about 65 degrees (for now anyway).  I was planning on strapping an extra fan on each of them to make a real wind tunnul out of them and I was going to connect them with wifi.  Any thoughts on OCing them or just any other tips/tricks you have picked up along the way?

Do you have cable tv in your basement or a line that runs through your basement that you can splice into?  Use these.
http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Ethernet-Adapter-Service-ECB2500CK01/dp/B008EQ4BQG/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The latency of moca vs ethernet is negligible unlike wifi.  Else, you'll need a bridge.  And depending on where your wireless router is located, you may need a repeater.

Overclocking is easy.  Here's a quick guide.
1. Download this http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/putty_portable
2. Use it to SSH into your antminer and login root root.
3. Copy and paste these lines:
    cp /etc/config/asic-freq /etc/config/asic-freqOC        [hit enter] Make the overclock file
    mv /etc/config/asic-freq  /etc/config/asic-freqORIG    [hit enter] Backup the original
    ln -fs /etc/config/asic-freqOC /etc/config/asic-freq    [hit enter] link in the oc file
    ls -lrt                                                                 [hit enter] verify that the link was created.  You should see asic-freq -> asic-freqOC
    vim /etc/config/asic-freq                                       [hit enter] edit the oc file 
4. While in vim, use the arrow keys and navigate to the 3 lines for 400M.  Delete the # at the front of each line using the delete key.
5. Type the letter i.  You are now in insert mode.  Use the arrow keys to navigate to the 3 lines for 350M. Add # at the front of each line.
6. Hit the esc button.  You are now out of insert mode.
7. Type
:
You'll see an :  at the bottom.  Type
:wq          [hit enter] this is write and quit.
8. Now verify your changes.
   cat  /etc/config/asic-freq   [hit enter] 400M should be uncommented and 350M commented out.
9. Type
reboot  [hit enter]

After it reboots, login and verify the status.

If your ant doesn't overclock well or you just want to change back to stock, SSH in, copy and paste:
ln -fs /etc/config/asic-freqORIG /etc/config/asic-freq    [hit enter] links in the Original config file
ls -lrt                                                                    [hit enter] verify that the link changed.  You should see asic-freq -> asic-freqORIG
reboot   [hit enter]

Verify the status.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 08:29:13 PM

My plan is to get a wifi extender which can act as a bridge and run that ethernet to a switch to the miners and hope that works.  Thanks for the info on OC.  I'm gonna let them run down there for a bit before I OC them to see how they do. 

I tell you what, till I get the extender I have them in my office and they keep it toasty in here. 

They are running at about 48 degrees.  What do you consider a comfortable temp when overclocked before you would start to worry?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
FrankToil

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:05:03 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 11:22:43 PM by FrankToil

Hello Fellow Owners.

You might have seen my IPython notebook revenue estimator that I posted here a few weeks back. I've now turned that into a standalone website that enables you to estimate your current returns from participating in the group buys.

Have a look at: http://coininaflaskopenshift-franktoil.rhcloud.com/

For your privacy, all info specific to your situation is NOT stored on the server. Rather it is stored in an encrypted cookie in your browser.

Have Fun!

FrankToil
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:41:09 AM

Hey Ninja,

Since by now you are an S1 super pro ninja expert I was hoping for some advice.  I have 2 S1s en route and was wondering if you have any tips for me.  I'm going to be putting them in the basement where it's about 65 degrees (for now anyway).  I was planning on strapping an extra fan on each of them to make a real wind tunnul out of them and I was going to connect them with wifi.  Any thoughts on OCing them or just any other tips/tricks you have picked up along the way?

Do you have cable tv in your basement or a line that runs through your basement that you can splice into?  Use these.
http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Ethernet-Adapter-Service-ECB2500CK01/dp/B008EQ4BQG/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The latency of moca vs ethernet is negligible unlike wifi.  Else, you'll need a bridge.  And depending on where your wireless router is located, you may need a repeater.

Overclocking is easy.  Here's a quick guide.
1. Download this http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/putty_portable
2. Use it to SSH into your antminer and login root root.
3. Copy and paste these lines:
    cp /etc/config/asic-freq /etc/config/asic-freqOC        [hit enter] Make the overclock file
    mv /etc/config/asic-freq  /etc/config/asic-freqORIG    [hit enter] Backup the original
    ln -fs /etc/config/asic-freqOC /etc/config/asic-freq    [hit enter] link in the oc file
    ls -lrt                                                                 [hit enter] verify that the link was created.  You should see asic-freq -> asic-freqOC
    vim /etc/config/asic-freq                                       [hit enter] edit the oc file 
4. While in vim, use the arrow keys and navigate to the 3 lines for 400M.  Delete the # at the front of each line using the delete key.
5. Type the letter i.  You are now in insert mode.  Use the arrow keys to navigate to the 3 lines for 350M. Add # at the front of each line.
6. Hit the esc button.  You are now out of insert mode.
7. Type
:
You'll see an :  at the bottom.  Type
:wq          [hit enter] this is write and quit.
8. Now verify your changes.
   cat  /etc/config/asic-freq   [hit enter] 400M should be uncommented and 350M commented out.
9. Type
reboot  [hit enter]

After it reboots, login and verify the status.

If your ant doesn't overclock well or you just want to change back to stock, SSH in, copy and paste:
ln -fs /etc/config/asic-freqORIG /etc/config/asic-freq    [hit enter] links in the Original config file
ls -lrt                                                                    [hit enter] verify that the link changed.  You should see asic-freq -> asic-freqORIG
reboot   [hit enter]

Verify the status.

What kind of temps can these handle?  They are on default clock right now and running about 45.  Just wondering how far I should push them.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

Hey Ninja.  I assume the .01234668 that came through last night was from here.  That looks like for 2 shares... I have 3

my addy:  1C9XqRtSZG57yYXhJdn226AZvG6f7sbGFw

― Frank Zappa
tripppn

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

Interesting news from KNC:

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-82

― Frank Zappa
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:36:51 PM

We converted our order to the Jupiter option and should be taking delivery shortly after easter. If we can make it through the next couple of weeks then all of the early group buys will achieve ROI.
tripppn

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:03:31 PM

We converted our order to the Jupiter option and should be taking delivery shortly after easter. If we can make it through the next couple of weeks then all of the early group buys will achieve ROI.
When it does come what does that do to hosting costs?

― Frank Zappa
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:05:34 PM

When it does come what does that do to hosting costs?

No hosting costs for it. Check out terms of GB#1
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:32:02 AM

MWNinja any news on the Jupiter shipping?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:18:57 PM

We would like to inform you that you have made it in to the queue of 400 Jupiter 3TH miners. Production is currently ongoing and we expect to begin shipping the miners out from Tuesday 22nd April. All miners are expected to be shipped out before the end of that week.

We would also like to remind you that each Jupiter 3TH miner will require either 3 x 1200W power supplies or 6 x 650W power supplies with 80+ certification and a total of 18 PCI-E power cables.

Regards

KnC Miner Team.

Given that their arrival is now imminent, we will allow this group buy to briefly run in the red (for the next week or so). Any deficit will be made up by the Neptune/Franken-Jupiter.
EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:23:23 PM

We would like to inform you that you have made it in to the queue of 400 Jupiter 3TH miners. Production is currently ongoing and we expect to begin shipping the miners out from Tuesday 22nd April. All miners are expected to be shipped out before the end of that week.

We would also like to remind you that each Jupiter 3TH miner will require either 3 x 1200W power supplies or 6 x 650W power supplies with 80+ certification and a total of 18 PCI-E power cables.

Regards

KnC Miner Team.

Given that their arrival is now imminent, we will allow this group buy to briefly run in the red (for the next week or so). Any deficit will be made up by the Neptune/Franken-Jupiter.

That's a nice gesture and will save alot of administration.

Although please do communicate how much is owed so there will be full transperancy.

Thanks

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
tripppn

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 07:14:26 PM

Regards

KnC Miner Team.

That beast is a power hog isn't she

― Frank Zappa
Kapz786

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:41:56 AM

We must be close to shelf life for the Antminers in terms of BTC produced vs Hosting Costs.

We will probably be better off with the Jupiter and no hosting fee's and selling off the Antminers soon.

Do you have any plans for such a move?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 02:23:27 AM

We are working on a winding up strategy that will provide a good return to all those involved in the project. The neptune in this group buy is tied to the  weekly hosting fees.  It's going to cost a ton to run as its a power hungry beast.  Even with the neptune we recognize that it will only keep us afloat for so much longer.

1. We'll buy-back shares of Group #1 today at .065 btc for those that don't want any further risk exposure. This valuation is subject to change, PM me for a current offer.

2. You can take delivery also by paying the $99 and providing a shipping label (multiples of 10 shares).

3. You can wait for the Franken-Jups and hope for more returns.

4. You can pay the hosting frees in USD, the people that do this are well taken care of in all cases.

5. You can convert your shares into a counterparty.co security which represents a % of the profits of Ninja Colocation, Inc. Basically the Ninja Mining Cooperative would provide the hardware to Ninja Colocation, Inc, in a contract for a percentage of the net BTC profits of the company. This is NOT an offer of equity, as these shares do not have voting rights. This is still under development.
handburger

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:16:37 AM

Any word on if the Franken-Jup shipped today?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 03:11:07 PM

We got a tracking number today Smiley
Kapz786

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:56:37 AM

Including tracking for the Franken-Jup's for GB 2 and 3?
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 02:35:59 PM

I believe the shipment will contain all of the Franken-Jups.  We'll be working our asses off to get these up and running from the staging area, and hopefully moved to the datacenter in about a week. 
tripppn

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:11:59 AM

I believe the shipment will contain all of the Franken-Jups.  We'll be working our asses off to get these up and running from the staging area, and hopefully moved to the datacenter in about a week. 
You just MADE MY DAY!!!  Thank GOD!!!

― Frank Zappa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: