Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [eToken] Rare | Website 11 languages | New version -> mandatory update  (Read 108284 times)
simplemind

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:05:02 AM

First u need to think..... think a lot.... not to talk a lot!
you need to communicate with exchanges before doing something..

in my opinion there is only one way that may resurrect this coin..

if you fork back to previous fork point, you will ruin everything... this coin will be dead, FOREVER...

some of the coins from forked chain are inside coinedup accounts-wallets..
do you think coinedup will try to roll back - separate coins that are deposited-traded from forked chain?
think again...
they will prefer not to open this coin to exchange again...
and in that situation no other serious exchange will accept this coin again..

if there is a second chance left for this coin.....

it can only with rolling back to the point coinedup took out coin from exchange and closed withdraw-deposit...
that could prevent coinedup transactions to mess up and they may think to open it to exchange again if things get fixed..

Wise words...
rznag

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:07:06 AM

if you fork back to previous fork point, you will ruin everything... this coin will be dead, FOREVER...

do you think coinedup will try to roll back - separate coins that are deposited-traded from forked chain?
think again...

it can only with rolling back to the point coinedup took out coin from exchange and closed withdraw-deposit...
that could prevent coinedup transactions to mess up and they may think to open it to exchange again if things get fixed..

But at that point some people mined so much on the new chain as we all together on the old. Every second a block was found.

https://coinstorm.net - the Internet of Coins fundraiser starts March 21st, 2017. Join the storm!
Monerodice https://monerodice.net
Solidchance

Activity: 169

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

think again...

Exactly its almost gonna be easier to start fresh with a new coin
adir77

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:10:13 AM

The fork has a bug in it because difficulty decreased and now it is stuck at 0.00024. We need a new fork from block 42000 or so

Is it possible that the difficulty down because it was a little diggers (no Windows Wallet)?

although I think you're right and was (or is) a bug in the software. I did not read the whole thread Smiley

Sorry.

Best Regards.
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:12:05 AM

think again...

In my oppinion coinedup isnt that important. There are bigger exchanges and by excluding premine we have chance to approach cryptsy, and nowadays there are more and more smaller exchanges where you can get accepted easier and working way better than coinedup
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

think again...

In my oppinion coinedup isnt that important. There are bigger exchanges and by excluding premine we have chance to approach cryptsy, and nowadays there are more and more smaller exchanges where you can get accepted easier and working way better than coinedup

I don't think having any exchange off side is a good idea
rznag

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:20:10 AM

think again...

+1 i think the same.
In my eyes we need a rollback to where the fork happened.
Better to have some coinedup transactions messed up than having 100000 or more coins of the new chain already mined.
From fork to when coinedup closed was 5h or more. Every second a block was found. That is lots of coins, probably more than the premine.

https://coinstorm.net - the Internet of Coins fundraiser starts March 21st, 2017. Join the storm!
BoeserKeller

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

The moment the fork happened, the client was bugged. This bug caused the problem, so we need to roll back to the point where the bug was not present yet. Easy as that.

Was coinedup definitely on the new fork ? If not, everything would be ok if we rolled back to the point where the fork happened - sellers have lost their etoken and buyers could cash out their etoken. We might want to ask the guys at coinedup on which fork they were.
mycointr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:34:16 AM

I will post proof in 1 min
https://i.imgur.com/vKSfASC.png
https://i.imgur.com/osT8UKo.png

CANCEL BUY OFFERS AND DON"T SELL eTOKs

there are coins from forked chain inside coinedup and you think to roll back to earlier point...

coinedup is not important?  Huh

nice.... good luck Smiley
rznag

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:38:42 AM

Coinedup is important, but it`s more important to roll back to a point where no bug was present.

suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:44:17 AM

The moment the fork happened, the client was bugged. This bug caused the problem, so we need to roll back to the point where the bug was not present yet. Easy as that.

Was coinedup definitely on the new fork ? If not, everything would be ok if we rolled back to the point where the fork happened - sellers have lost their etoken and buyers could cash out their etoken. We might want to ask the guys at coinedup on which fork they were.

coinedup was definitely on the new fork and some of those new coins have already been sold apparently (from what people have said)

technically the original client wasn't bugged, it had a 5000 odd block difficulty retarget which became very hard after hashes decreased and it was loosing more and more support after that because difficulty was at 8 for a long time with still a lot of block to mine before retarget.  That is why the dev did a hard fork with a new difficulty retarget... which unfortunately turned out to be bugged and was stuck at .000002 or something so blocks were flying by.  If people had stopped mining at this point it would be easy.  But greed got the better of some people and they continued to mine (a lot very quickly) and continued to trade them on coinedup

I hope my explanation makes sense.
BoeserKeller

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:46:51 AM

I was referring to the bugged new client, not the old client. And the new client being the reason to reset to the fork-block Smiley
mycointr

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

Coinedup is important, but it`s more important to roll back to a point where no bug was present.

more important?  Huh

think again.... before talking this much...

there are a lot of not bugged coins out there, some have 0 premine... but people mine them 1-2h and forget...

a coin is nothing without exchange...

there is nothing important than making it tradable again...
BoeserKeller

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

more important?  Huh

there are a lot of not bugged coins out there, some have 0 premine... but people mine them 1-2h and forget...

There is no point in trading something worthless ...
So I better have something valuable that is gonna be traded again in some time
rznag

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:57:20 AM

more important?  Huh

There is no point in trading something worthless ...
So I better have something valuable that is gonna be traded again in some time
+1

gbomb944

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:01:07 AM

You would have to get coined up to reverse any trades that happened somewhere shortly after the fork issue. Maybe this is not to difficult if there werent that many and they would go along.

The people who bought the instamined coins would probably be happier and from the perspective of coined up I would rather keep them as clients than the dumpers. To be somewhat fair to the dumpers they may not necessarily have had full understanding that they were acting maliciously.

The problem comes in when someone sold $1000 worth and then cashed out. Someone has to eat that loss if you guys plan to roll back and invalidate the coins that came after the fork.

pttinh

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:18:48 AM

great community, i can say that. If DEV team need smt, pls say and I'm willing to help Smiley
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:21:42 AM

does anyone know at what block coinedup stopped trading?
mueller37

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

The trades after fork are not the big problem i think, because many of the trades were old coins that already were on coinedup, so it isn't necessary to revert all trades.

The problem are the coins that were deposited to coinedup after the fork and then exchanged.
It should be possible to get the data from coinedup about the deposited amounts of etoken after fork. It shouldn't be that many deposits, because the most etok after fork were mined by a few solo miners.

Then we can collect donations for coinedup, to replace the exact amount of etoken deposited to coinedup after fork.
If it is too much, the exact amount of missing etoken could be included in the new fork and send to coinedup?
That way, the etok balances of the user accounts at coinedup would just remain the same since when the exchange went offline and nobody would lose anything.

(I don't know how coinedup deposits work, but i expect it to be a single wallet with different adresses for deposit? If thats true it should be possible like i explained.)
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:42:32 AM

The trades after fork are not the big problem i think, because many of the trades were old coins that already were on coinedup, so it isn't necessary to revert all trades.

The problem are the coins that were deposited to coinedup after the fork and then exchanged.
It should be possible to get the data from coinedup about the deposited amounts of etoken after fork. It shouldn't be that many deposits, because the most etok after fork were mined by a few solo miners.

Then we can collect donations for coinedup, to replace the exact amount of etoken deposited to coinedup after fork.
If it is too much, the exact amount of missing etoken could be included in the new fork and send to coinedup?
That way, the etok balances of the user accounts at coinedup would just remain the same since when the exchange went offline and nobody would lose anything.

(I don't know how coinedup deposits work, but i expect it to be a single wallet with different adresses for deposit? If thats true it should be possible like i explained.)

the thing is... fork happened at block 43117.  I THINK coinedup stopped trading at around block 101750 which would be 60000 blocks were mined in between... that is about 97500 coins which could have been deposited and sold
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: