Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll closed
a
b

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Grumpycoin][GRUMP] Grumpycoin | Now on Mintpal and Coinedup| 8 Exchanges  (Read 130086 times)
wmvatis

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:14:02 AM

I voted for 20 Billion, but I realize after seeing your guys thoughts that I was just being greedy. I just wanted price to go up.

Lowering the planned supply would probably have the opposite effect because of the negative image it brings, and if we have learned anything from other coins, the honest ones have a better chance of succeeding. This coin has a similar feel to doge. It needs to be fun and friendly, people need to trust it and enjoy it.

So, I change my vote 50 billion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
need885

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:16:41 AM

Testing chinese design of the coin.
Do we have any chinese friends around here to confirm it's ok?
Using simplified chinese.

Title above is "Grumpy coin"
To the left "oh no".
To the right: "I hate you"
Below "In Grumpy we trust"

Well I hope you heard of veni vidi vici.

title above :爆币

the left:哦,不

the right:我恨你

below: 爆币,我们的信仰

wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:28:40 AM

Since the name of the coin is Grumpycoin, I think maybe a good application would be to start using it to tip people with bad attitudes or negative comments on forums.

It would be an interesting dynamic because although people would technically be rewarded financially for being rude or pessimistic, the reward would come with a little bit of shame. It's like an oxymoron.

I don't know exactly how it would play out, but a whole bunch of interesting behavior and hopefully lighthearted joking negitivism and tipping could develop. It would be a lot of fun. Bizarro Doge.

I don't know how to start that or make a tipbot or whatever on Reddit, but if someone likes the idea and knows more about how to set it up, I will definitely use some of my grumpycoins to tip haters. Much more fun than downvoting, don't you think?
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:34:02 AM

I voted for 20 Billion, but I realize after seeing your guys thoughts that I was just being greedy. I just wanted price to go up.

Lowering the planned supply would probably have the opposite effect because of the negative image it brings, and if we have learned anything from other coins, the honest ones have a better chance of succeeding. This coin has a similar feel to doge. It needs to be fun and friendly, people need to trust it and enjoy it.

I just started mining grumpycoin, because lowering to 20 Billion give a possible 0.00000015BTC and not the 0.00000001 that we are trading now. I'm too late to earn the big numbers here, as block halvering already happened, but still beter this done nothing.
stanleytwobricks

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:43:00 AM

Since the name of the coin is Grumpycoin, I think maybe a good application would be to start using it to tip people with bad attitudes or negative comments on forums.

It would be an interesting dynamic because although people would technically be rewarded financially for being rude or pessimistic, the reward would come with a little bit of shame. It's like an oxymoron.

I don't know exactly how it would play out, but a whole bunch of interesting behavior and hopefully lighthearted joking negitivism and tipping could develop. It would be a lot of fun. Bizarro Doge.

I don't know how to start that or make a tipbot or whatever on Reddit, but if someone likes the idea and knows more about how to set it up, I will definitely use some of my grumpycoins to tip haters. Much more fun than downvoting, don't you think?

Great idea. I was just thinking about forking the twittercoin source code and making a Twitter tip bot for Grumpy.

https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/twittercoin
wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:53:48 AM

Great idea. I was just thinking about forking the twittercoin source code and making a Twitter tip bot for Grumpy.

Oh awesome! That is basically exactly the response I was hoping to get! I really hope you do it...we could really get some momentum for this coin I think. Plus, I honestly want to be the first one to tip some a-hole a grumpycoin. lol.

Edit: Just thought of how it could be used. Unlike with btc and doge, where people actually tip a buck or two sometimes, with grump you would tip them insignificant amount of grumpycoin so that the monetary value is not even worth taking the time to transfer to your wallet. Maybe even so low that the transaction cost is more than the tip. Hahaha. This would also work better with more coins, so another reason to keep it 50 billion
wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:04:29 AM

...and maybe the Templar77 could give you (or whoever) a bit of a reward from the premine for developing the tipbot(s), assuming he likes the idea.
stanleytwobricks

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:09:37 AM

Oh awesome! That is basically exactly the response I was hoping to get! I really hope you do it...we could really get some momentum for this coin I think. Plus, I honestly want to be the first one to tip some a-hole a grumpycoin. lol.

Edit: Just thought of how it could be used. Unlike with btc and doge, where people actually tip a buck or two sometimes, with grump you would tip them insignificant amount of grumpycoin so that the monetary value is not even worth taking the time to transfer to your wallet. Maybe even so low that the transaction cost is more than the tip. Hahaha. This would also work better with more coins, so another reason to keep it 50 billion

Yeah it could be funny! I will start looking into it and give updates as I make progress. Thanks for contributing.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:10:29 AM

how can anyone say a coin needs to be trusted, and then say change the total limit in the very next sentance. changing anything once released makes investors/users/anyone think that if you change it once whats stopping you changing it again. and the whole store of value theory is lost.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:17:28 AM

how can anyone say a coin needs to be trusted, and then say change the total limit in the very next sentance. changing anything once released makes investors/users/anyone think that if you change it once whats stopping you changing it again. and the whole store of value theory is lost.

Well no, I'm saying you shouldn't change the total limit, but I think I understand what you're thinking.

It was originally 50 billion and everyone thinks its 50 billion. The dev was saying he found an error in the code that made it actually 20 billion and he was asking if he should just leave it (which would effectively be changing it) or change it to 50 billion (which would effectively be keeping it). That's the way I see it anyway.
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:21:57 AM

Testing chinese design of the coin.
Do we have any chinese friends around here to confirm it's ok?
Using simplified chinese.

Title above is "Grumpy coin"
To the left "oh no".
To the right: "I hate you"
Below "In Grumpy we trust"

Well I hope you heard of veni vidi vici.

title above :爆币

the left:哦,不

the right:我恨你

below: 爆币,我们的信仰

Explosion currency
Oh, and do not
I hate you
Burst currency, our faith
Mk2vr6

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:22:47 AM

Well no, I'm saying you shouldn't change the total limit, but I think I understand what you're thinking.

It was originally 50 billion and everyone thinks its 50 billion. The dev was saying he found an error in the code that made it actually 20 billion and he was asking if he should just leave it (which would effectively be changing it) or change it to 50 billion (which would effectively be keeping it). That's the way I see it anyway.

And I agree -  lets make this as honest and transparent as possible - 50Billion as originaly agreed.
templar77 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:28:09 AM

OK, I've decided to keep the original 50 Billion coins top. If we want to have credibility we can't change the Max amount, so now I'm deciding how to make the future creation rate:

Our current creation rate looks like this:

Maybe we can change it to something like this:

I'm open to ideas Smiley
wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:31:09 AM

And I agree -  lets make this as honest and transparent as possible - 50Billion as originaly agreed.

If I could, I would tip you like 100k grumpycoin for supporting and agreeing (a large tip could be good). I would tip franky1 like 1 or 2 grumpycoin, cause he didn't like what I said (although I'm pretty sure it was just misunderstanding). The question is, where is the line from insulting tip to approval tip. I don't know, but it will be fun to find out!
templar77 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:32:02 AM

I like that idea a lot Smiley
Mk2vr6

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:33:38 AM

I like that idea a lot Smiley

We need Stan to work on a tip bot for reddit and Youtube  Wink
wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

OK, I've decided to keep the original 50 Billion coins top. If we want to have credibility we can't change the Max amount, so now I'm deciding how to make the future creation rate:

Our current creation rate looks like this:
https://i.imgur.com/RTY9RIk.png

Maybe we can change it to something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/GReym9Z.png

I'm open to ideas Smiley

templar, I'd say just change the equation of the curve so it's less steep, but still keep it an exponential. Although the wave thing (or something else wild) would be fun, it would probably hurt miners and overall interest. Unless it was called wavecoin people wouldn't understand and they'd get angry and loose interest when they barely got anything for mining reward after just having got a bunch. This would similarly effect price. Just a thought, not even totally sure I agree with myself.
templar77 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:01:26 AM

OK, what about this one:

Block reward decreases 13% every 20,000 blocks
What do you think?
wmvatis

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:52:43 AM

OK, what about this one:
https://i.imgur.com/OJMvNpw.png

Block reward decreases 13% every 20,000 blocks
What do you think?

Yea something like that is what I was thinking.
btcpoland

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:18:45 AM

I would definitely keep it 50 billion as it was stated in the initial coin post.

But let's keep it long term, so the coin won't die.

How about such solutions (10 or 20 years of mining):

~ 10 years of steady mining

1/ 500,000   20000   10 000 000 000
2/ 250,000   20000   5 000 000 000
3/ 125,000   20000   2 500 000 000
4/ 62,500   20000   1 250 000 000
5/ 31,250   20000   625 000 000
6/ 15,625   20000   312 500 000

19 687 500 000

And after reaching ~ 20 billion coins stop halving process and keep it 15625 coins / block.

With 2.5 minutes blocks we have 576 blocks / day.

576 blocks x 15625 coins = 9 000 000 coins / day x 365 = 3 285 000 000 coins / year.

-------------------------

~ 20 years of steady mining

1/ 500,000   20000   10 000 000 000
2/ 250,000   20000   5 000 000 000
3/ 125,000   20000   2 500 000 000
4/ 62,500   20000   1 250 000 000
5/ 31,250   20000   625 000 000
6/ 15,625   20000   312 500 000
7/ 7,812.5   20000   156 250 000

19 843 750 000

And after reaching ~ 20 billion coins stop halving process and keep it 7812.5 coins / block.

With 2.5 minutes blocks we have 576 blocks / day.

576 blocks x 7812.5 coins = 9 000 000 coins / day x 365 = 1 642 500 000 coins / year.

-------------------------

Keep in mind that with today price of 1 satoshi / GRUMP one block (initial 500k coins) is worth 0.005 BTC and 250k block is worth 0.0025 BTC. But the price for GRUMPY should rise, so with ~ 25 satoshi 7812.5 coins / block would be worth 0.00195 BTC, so it should still be a good reward for new miners.

What do you think??
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: