Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:42:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mooncoin - Solidcoin/Namecoin to BTC Exchange  (Read 18272 times)
MrMoon (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:05:21 AM

Post the relevant code or even post the thread. I would be happy to look at it and resolve any issues brought up.

Otherwise you are just an immature troll who is bringing nothing to the discussion.

The help text on the site has always said there is a transaction fee taken by the network that we do not cover, so those who said there was small amounts missing from withdrawals were simply not reading the help text on the page. I can try to make it more clear if you feel it was not obvious enough.

moonco.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:06:15 AM

@MrMoon

You sir started all of this in response to a statement I made to Coinhunter saying that with the closing of Bitparking and Ruxum that there were only three pathetic exchanges left. You sir have provided the proof for that statement.

I never called out Mooncoin, you jumped out and made a challenge as to why I said that. I simply have responded.

Well I guess that means you have to finish it right? Thats the mature way to have a discussion.

So now you are making the claim you were not calling my exchange pathetic, even though its one of three solidcoin exchanges left?

Look, I don't care if you call my exchange pathetic. I'm a open source software developer, I have tough skin. I just want to know the specifics, I want to sit back down with the code and improve it. I never wanted to get into a pissing match, when I responded to you I was looking for ways I could make my exchange more suitable for everyone.

I'm going to take a guess but Mr. Moon here is starting to walk the same path as coinhunter. That path is the path of destruction if he keeps confronting his opposition. Quit while you're ahead dude.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:07:39 AM

Look, I don't care if you call my exchange pathetic. I'm a open source software developer, I have tough skin. I just want to know the specifics, I want to sit back down with the code and improve it. I never wanted to get into a pissing match, when I responded to you I was looking for ways I could make my exchange more suitable for everyone.

If that is really true, and you don't know about the issue of floats/doubles versus decimals, and you really are willing to go look in the code you are using to make sure it's being done correctly? JUST ASK. I would be 100% willing to provide you with links to information about the issues with different numeric types, and specific implementation information for whichever language you're using. This open source code is your commercial venture by definition, and I'm not going to do the work. But if you want to do the work I am absolutely willing to provide information on what I was talking about. If it turns out the code was already correct -- and I can't assume so because you have never asserted it -- then fine. If you don't know and you want pointers to information, just ask.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:10:51 AM

And for the record, I'm talking about the statement:

7. You're skimming micro amounts off the conversion transactions (didn't think people would notice). Let me guess, they're rounding errors LOL

As I read that, that's not the transaction fees, but selling x SC at y BTC results in a net result where (x*y + your stated fee) is not equal to the amount they receive. And that sort of error is usually caused by use of an IEEE numeric type, hence my post about doubles versus decimals to start with. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, if you're serious about wanting to improve your exchange, please ask me to explain what I'm talking about with numeric types and accuracy.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:11:51 AM

@MrMoon

Is this really necessary every post?

What about the two decimal place withdrawal limit?

It is already on my list of things to do.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:14:31 AM

I'm going to take a guess but Mr. Moon here is starting to walk the same path as coinhunter. That path is the path of destruction if he keeps confronting his opposition. Quit while you're ahead dude.

I don't really think I'm embarrassing myself. I'm giving level headed responses to trolls, because I suspect I might gain some useful information that could help me improve my code.

I'm pretty sure any rational person would read this thread that way. However, you don't come out looking so good with your contentless cheerleading posts. From your posts history I'm guessing you don't really care about your reputation though.

moonco.in
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:17:34 AM

Now all of the flaws surface as he tries to run with the big dogs and gets all butt hurt like another SC developer when people simply point out the flaws.

Am I missing anything?

Just one thing. The part where the experienced coder in the room suspects Mr.Moon may be serious about wanting to make his exchange better and tries to offer a bit of help. So reserve at least some of your judgment until you see how he responds to the attempt at an olive branch and some well-intentioned information.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:18:00 AM

Mr. Moon gets some code from Betco.in that he really doesn't understand or know or control. Throws it on a site and putts along very quietly because he was a low volume site. No one paid any attention. Suddenly he becomes the number one exchange after the others quit due to Coinhunter's dick maneuver.

Now all of the flaws surface as he tries to run with the big dogs and gets all butt hurt like another SC developer when people simply point out the flaws.

Your posting style is really obnoxious you realize? The bolding and large text and colors really isn't necessary.

So you are just going to go for ad-hom insults now and attack me personally rather then actually show problems with my code?

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:19:45 AM

Am I missing anything?

Just one thing. The part where the experienced coder in the room suspects Mr.Moon may be serious about wanting to make his exchange better and tries to offer a bit of help. So reserve at least some of your judgment until you see how he responds to the attempt at an olive branch and some well-intentioned information.

Please email me with your information, explain the problem in the code, http://moonco.in - go to the bottom and click download sources. You can view the entire source - I would really appreciate it if you point out the problem you see. I will fix it soon as I can and even compensate users for lost funds if possible.

I'm very serious about improving the site and I wish to help create something that will help the whole cryptocurrency community in the long run.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:30:07 AM

Ok maybe this style is more your liking.

The style you make absurd claims without evidence?

1) You charge fees - Admitted

Hrm, no I did not admit I charge fees. Because I do not charge any additional fee over the transaction cost. In fact the entire time you have been posting in this thread the OP specifically explained it in parenthesis. But you aren't into facts, evidence just wild speculation for the sake of comedy I guess?

2) Phony Whois - Admitted

Yes, and it will be corrected. I still maintain its far more important for the HTTPS cert to be legitimate when it comes to security.

3) Two decimal place ripoff - Admitted

Did I admit to that? Really? You are really something.

4) Conversion errors - Admitted

HAHA Where? Can you read? I maintain throughout the entire thread that you should share with me this flaw if it does in fact exist. IF it did exist I would fix it. PLEASE POST IT IF IT EXIST.

and we haven't even talked about the illegal gambling, Amateur Gmail, SQL Injection Vulnerabilities or Slowness in payouts yet.
Do you still wonder why I called the remaining exchanges pathetic or why you might be tad bit suspect?

All these claims you could not support earlier but now are suddenly facts?

moonco.in
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:33:16 AM

Ok maybe this style is more your liking.

The style you make absurd claims without evidence?

1) You charge fees - Admitted

Hrm, no I did not admit I charge fees. Because I do not charge any additional fee over the transaction cost. In fact the entire time you have been posting in this thread the OP specifically explained it in parenthesis. But you aren't into facts, evidence just wild speculation for the sake of comedy I guess?

2) Phony Whois - Admitted

Yes, and it will be corrected. I still maintain its far more important for the HTTPS cert to be legitimate when it comes to security.

3) Two decimal place ripoff - Admitted

Did I admit to that? Really? You are really something.

4) Conversion errors - Admitted

HAHA Where? Can you read? I maintain throughout the entire thread that you should share with me this flaw if it does in fact exist. IF it did exist I would fix it. PLEASE POST IT IF IT EXIST.

and we haven't even talked about the illegal gambling, Amateur Gmail, SQL Injection Vulnerabilities or Slowness in payouts yet.
Do you still wonder why I called the remaining exchanges pathetic or why you might be tad bit suspect?

All these claims you could not support earlier but now are suddenly facts?

Honestly you should quit while you are ahead and stop engaging your opposition like you have recently. That's the same thing coinhunter did and it made him look like an ass as well as piss people off.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:36:57 AM

Please email me with your information, explain the problem in the code, http://moonco.in - go to the bottom and click download sources. You can view the entire source - I would really appreciate it if you point out the problem you see. I will fix it soon as I can and even compensate users for lost funds if possible.

Sent you a PM here on the forum.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:39:22 AM

Honestly you should quit while you are ahead and stop engaging your opposition like you have recently. That's the same thing coinhunter did and it made him look like an ass as well as piss people off.

You honestly can't see the difference?

My post are level headed and humble. I'm not afraid of admitting mistakes, I ask for help from the community, I take responsibility for issues that exist and work to fix them in a timely manner.

If these people have serious concerns I want to address them, what I have realized after 3 pages of trolling is that their claims seem to be unsubstantial. If they do email me with problems though - I will correct them and compensate any lost funds.

I don't think this makes me look bad, I think if anything it shows that I'm a level headed person who is capable of taking criticism. That is a good quality in a business owner and a programmer.

I don't think Realsolid can say the same unfortunately.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:39:54 AM

Thank you very much I will take a look now and stop wasting my time here =)

moonco.in
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:42:11 AM

You honestly can't see the difference?

My post are level headed and humble. I'm not afraid of admitting mistakes, I ask for help from the community, I take responsibility for issues that exist and work to fix them in a timely manner.

If these people have serious concerns I want to address them, what I have realized after 3 pages of trolling is that their claims seem to be unsubstantial. If they do email me with problems though - I will correct them and compensate any lost funds.

I don't think this makes me look bad, I think if anything it shows that I'm a level headed person who is capable of taking criticism. That is a good quality in a business owner and a programmer.

I don't think Realsolid can say the same unfortunately.

Whatever you say buddy...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:42:15 AM

Thank you, your time is very much appreciated.

moonco.in
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:49:46 AM

can yo please fix your charts. 5d and longer show same as 1d.

MrMoon, please take a look at your IRC log. I sent you a long list of bugs and feature requests so you can make this exchange even better.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:25:58 AM

I will hold further judgement while Wolftaur works with you.

Until then, best of luck.

I walked Mr.Moon through the code issue I found and verified, and provided a thorough explanation of how it was a problem and information on the approach to fix it. Mr.Moon understands what I was talking about now and will be working on a solution. I volunteered to be available to provide additional pointers and explanation if necessary and my impression is that my report and my offer are being taken seriously.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:29:17 AM

I will hold further judgement while Wolftaur works with you.

Until then, best of luck.

I walked Mr.Moon through the code issue I found and verified, and provided a thorough explanation of how it was a problem and information on the approach to fix it. Mr.Moon understands what I was talking about now and will be working on a solution. I volunteered to be available to provide additional pointers and explanation if necessary and my impression is that my report and my offer are being taken seriously.

Good to hear! Hope it stays that way.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 07:10:10 AM

Good to hear and even in his post he admitted CoinHunter was a dick. That's a plus for him.

Honestly, I think it may have helped that in the end at least one person was crystal clear about being willing to not just automatically lump them together and do something to be helpful. I like to think that anyway. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: