Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane amount of bitcoins  (Read 8033 times)
Maria (OP)

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:36:51 PM

Me and a few colleagues are about to buy 80,000 BTC from MT Gox and another 25,000 from Tradehill. Not to savvy on how exactly that purchase might affect the price but I figured if it is in fact affecting the price, then the least I can do is warn the community so they can place their proper orders. Happy Trading!

Maria.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:40:42 PM

Now now, Maria. Why would an intelligent woman like you go and post something like this? If it was true, you'd be causing a rise in prices, which means your 80,000 and 25,000 BTC just got more expensive than they were a day ago. Why would you shoot yourself in the foot like that?

Then again, if it is true, and you did announce it here for the benefit of the Bitcoin community, we'll change your name to Santa Maria  Grin
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 12:42:00 PM

Me and a few colleagues are about to buy 80,000 BTC from MT Gox and another 25,000 from Tradehill. Not to savvy on how exactly that purchase might affect the price but I figured if it is in fact affecting the price, then the least I can do is warn the community so they can place their proper orders. Happy Trading!

Maria.
LOL, gtfo

Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:42:27 PM

You made me cry with that one. Cheesy lol

I enjoy pain...

Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:44:26 PM

Maria.
LOL, gtfo

It makes me sad to read responses like this from HERO MEMBERS. What a waste.

Maria.

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:46:18 PM

Wow if true, that's nearly a million $...

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:47:22 PM

Not to savvy on how exactly that purchase might affect the price
No, don't worry 100k BTC won't affect the price Smiley

Oh btw to the attention of noobs: no, she won't buy, the price won't rise, she's just wanting to sell her Bitcoins higher

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:49:32 PM

Not to savvy on how exactly that purchase might affect the price
No, don't worry 100k BTC won't affect the price Smiley

Talking of such, does someone know exactly how MagicalTux calculates the BTC price, How do dark pools come into play?

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:50:33 PM

Maria.
LOL, gtfo

It makes me sad to read responses like this from HERO MEMBERS. What a waste.

Maria.

Agreed, that's a bit of a waste, but if that's what makes you sad, in the grand scheme of the depths of putrefaction this forum has been flirting with lately... well, you've either been asleep or away  Grin
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:51:19 PM

Talking of such, does someone know exactly how MagicalTux calculates the BTC price, How do dark pools come into play?
We don't have dark pools anymore. We are using IOC/iceberg instead.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:51:39 PM

Like any exchange they just match buyers/sellers. And Mtgox does not offer dark pools anymore since the hack...

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:53:09 PM

We don't have dark pools anymore. We are using IOC/iceberg instead.

Can you please explain for us "Non IT" what is IOC/iceberg and how does it work? Is it open source?

bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:55:46 PM

Can you please explain for us "Non IT" what is IOC/iceberg and how does it work? Is it open source?

PS. I am a professional forex trader and EA developer for MT4 and MT5.
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:57:04 PM

Maria is obviously smarter than she looks. She does indeed want to buy bitcoins and she knows how it works.

1) Announce on forums that you are going to buy masses of bitcoins.
2) Bitcoin users respond sceptical and are saying that you probably want to drive the price UP, meaning you most likely want to SELL, not BUY!
3) Bitcoin users panic at someone wanting to sell massive amounts of bitcoins and start selling off their bitcoins before YOU do.
4) Bitcoin price plummets to $0.01 (which is quite close to its actual worth by the way)
5) You buy a ton of bitcoins for $0.01 each
6) ...
7) PROFIT!

@MT: Say hi to bruce Wink

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:59:38 PM

Maria is obviously smarter than she looks. She does indeed want to buy bitcoins and she knows how it works.

2) Bitcoin users respond sceptical and are saying that you probably want to drive the price UP, meaning you most likely want to SELL, not BUY!
3) Bitcoin users panic at someone wanting to sell massive amounts of bitcoins and start selling off their bitcoins before YOU do.
4) Bitcoin price plummets to $0.01 (which is quite close to its actual worth by the way)
6) ...
7) PROFIT!

I printed this out and put it on the refrigerator so my husband can read it. THANK YOU!

Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:03:24 PM

6) ...
7) PROFIT!

Or... Maria is really, really smart, and wants to sell Bitcoins high. So she makes the original post, which is so childish no one will believe it. Bitcoin users are initially sceptical, but on reading the forum post by The Duke, realise this could well be a double psych, and start to BUY, not SELL.

Hope you have a really big, refrigerator, Maria, because it's turtles all the way down!
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:05:19 PM

6) ...
7) PROFIT!

I printed this out and put it on the refrigerator so my husband can read it. THANK YOU!

You are welcome! I will soon be launching my alternative drunkocurrency called BeerCoin. By that time I will post my BeerCoin adress here and you and/or your husband can donate BeerCoins to my fridge.dat in gratitude for my good advice! Cheesy

Edit: Ah shit. Piper saw through my scheme. There goes my chance for insane amounts of profit Cry

Edit 2: Hooray to my 100th post! Which is really my 230-somethingth post, but rampant admins deleted some complete topics and destroyed my postcount Wink

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:11:13 PM

6) ...
7) PROFIT!

No no no, it's a double, double double double bluff. Announce a big buy, prices go up a bit from frontrunners, then down a bit from dumpers then up from deep frontrunners then down from double bluffers then Maria buys and its all sweet from there on in... Everyones a winner

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:16:12 PM

Just a heads up, I plan on selling 9,000,000 Bitcoins on CampBX today.  Place your orders accordingly.  Thank you.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Piper67
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:17:54 PM

Part of me feels bad for Maria. Perhaps she's serious and wanted to be nice.

But a little part of me thinks Maria might actually be Bruce  Cheesy

I really have to stop coming here so much, it's playing with my mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: