Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Insane amount of bitcoins  (Read 8030 times)
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:41:25 PM

What I am saying is, If there is an order for 10k BTC at 7.00, that means that when the price hits 7.00 my 10k will be excuted and the price will rise to say 7.50...
If YOU would've known that my order was there for that size, you might have placed an order right next to mine to catch those 50 points on the way up/ Transparency allows such judgments.

Yes, and while transparency is highly desirable for some, and under some circumstances, it simply isn't for others. Someone out there may not want to know there's such a huge pressure at 7.00 until he or she is ready to push forwards.

Some exchanges do not keep anything hidden, Mt. Gox does. There is no presumption of transparency (nor a right to it), unfortunately for some, fortunately for others.

If someone wants to keep it really hidden, they can put a note in the forums saying "I want to buy 10,000 BTC and will meet you at the nearest Starbucks... bring your big bucks"  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maria (OP)

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:47:46 PM

Those Hidden practices are exactly what Bucket Shops DO before they vanish. It keeps people out of the loop regarding the real financial health of such institution.

But, I guess its up to me to set up a whole new exchange service that doesnt hide any capital information. Best Luck to all traders out there!!

Also, they pushed back 2 week for Liberty Reserve withdraws, in other words, let us build the capital then we will send you your money... Liberty Reserve is instant!! why 2 weeks?? ALERT!!

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:55:41 PM

Those Hidden practices are exactly what Bucket Shops DO before they vanish. It keeps people out of the loop regarding the real financial health of such institution.

But, I guess its up to me to set up a whole new exchange service that doesnt hide any capital information. Best Luck to all traders out there!!

Also, they pushed back 2 week for Liberty Reserve withdraws, in other words, let us build the capital then we will send you your money... Liberty Reserve is instant!! why 2 weeks?? ALERT!!

Can't speak to the Liberty Reserve issue, as I don't really use LR anymore. But the practice of hiding offers in whole or in part is, I'm afraid, pretty well established in trading circles. Again, I personally don't really like it all that much. But then again, so many people put up fake offers and walls anyhow as to make any attempt at reading market depth pretty baseless. But hiding part of an offer is a service that some might think has value, and as such there will be those willing to offer it.

In the end, though, I suspect things tend to even themselves out. The problem with the BTC market right now is that, in terms of fiat currencies, it's trivially simple to manipulate. Anyone with 150,000 dollars/euros/pounds can pretty much do with the Bitcoin market as they please.

Under all that, however, the Bitcoin world continues to churn, the idea becomes better known every day, and slowly but surely (and especially after early 2013 when the payout drops from 50 coins to 25), the BTC value will rise. As it does, it will become progressively more difficult for anyone to manipulate the market.

Until then, though, keep posting notes on that refrigerator door... it's going to get pretty crowded there soon!

Un saludo.
Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:59:43 PM

Saludos para ti tambien y muchisimo exito en esta aventura llamada bitcoin. Lo que dices es 100% cierto y es la razon por la cual soy parte de esta comunidad, el futuro es muy brillante pero falta mucho por pulir. Yo solo sirvo para senalar fallas, no para corregirlas. Lo mio es hacer $$$ solamente y me gusta que ese processo sea facil y transparente. EXITO PIPER!!

nefanon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:00:41 PM

Saludos para ti tambien y muchisimo exito en esta aventura llamada bitcoin. Lo que dices es 100% cierto y es la razon por la cual soy parte de esta comunidad, el futuro es muy brillante pero falta mucho por pulir. Yo solo sirvo para senalar fallas, no para corregirlas. Lo mio es hacer $$$ solamente y me gusta que ese processo sea facil y transparente. EXITO PIPER!!

Proceso only has one 's'.  =D
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 04:19:47 PM

this is a troll thread.

the real effect: everybody quits selling or buying bitcoins look at the trade volume, it's still declining.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:51:36 PM

Arguing for transparency when the majority of walls of support/resistance are fictitious (placed by bots that will disappear moments before the price gets there) is a whee bit silly isn't it?

^_^
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:53:03 PM

Maria : Should I buy at $3 or 1.50 ?

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
metalmadnesstv

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 04:54:44 PM

lol the price is going down
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:14:07 PM

lol the price is going down

It's "going down" when lower sell orders are fulfilled.
Completely normal and happens every day (5-10% or bigger swings)

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Maria (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:27:51 PM

What I am saying is, If there is an order for 10k BTC at 7.00, that means that when the price hits 7.00 my 10k will be excuted and the price will rise to say 7.50...
If YOU would've known that my order was there for that size, you might have placed an order right next to mine to catch those 50 points on the way up/ Transparency allows such judgments.

No, if you have an order for 10k btc at 7 usd, that means when the price hits 7.00 your 10k will be executed and the price will stay at 7.00 usd.

Really? If it was 100K BTC, would it then affect the price? How many BTC needs to be bought for the price to reach 7.50?

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:00:14 PM

Just to let you all know, I am planning on Selling 125,000 Ixcoins on the Bitcoin Exchange.

Not sure how that is going to effect price, Just wanted to warn you.

PS I'll sooner sell IXC on the Bitcoin exchange than Maria will buy 80,000 BTC at one pop LOL

Wow, I am amazed. There are still buyers for this scam? I thought it had died a long time ago.
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:13:33 PM

I found this thread hilarious. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bESGLojNYSo&ob=av3e
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:54:34 PM

No, if you have an order for 10k btc at 7 usd, that means when the price hits 7.00 your 10k will be executed and the price will stay at 7.00 usd.

After I saw that comment I decided to stop responding because, well...

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:03:05 PM

Me and a few colleagues are about to buy 80,000 BTC from MT Gox and another 25,000 from Tradehill. Not to savvy on how exactly that purchase might affect the price but I figured if it is in fact affecting the price, then the least I can do is warn the community so they can place their proper orders. Happy Trading!

Maria.
LOL, gtfo

It makes me sad to read responses like this from HERO MEMBERS. What a waste.

Maria.

Why, because you can't fool the masters of reality?

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:35:06 PM

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:15:46 AM

Just to let you all know, I am planning on Selling 125,000 Ixcoins on the Bitcoin Exchange.

Not sure how that is going to effect price, Just wanted to warn you.

PS I'll sooner sell IXC on the Bitcoin exchange than Maria will buy 80,000 BTC at one pop LOL

Oh, I'm sure she can't possibly actually be lying. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for the delay...

I know. The electronic bank transfer got lost in the mail! God damn USPS, losing mail that isn't even going through them... Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 02:34:26 PM

I bought 1,000,000 BTC throughout the day yesterday in anticipation of her buying 800,000 Bitcoins.

Has Maria put in her purchase yet?

I have some shopping I need to do this weekend so I might have to sell it all before the end of the day if she was lying.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 02:35:17 PM

Maria honestly someone like YOU should not be making posts like THIS...

Honestly it makes us look bad.
mute20

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:49:44 PM

I see the crazy amounts had many believers. You never know it could happen Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: