Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Wagner and the surrounding drama.  (Read 18868 times)
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:25:22 PM

A conviction? Man you guys are desperate.
Here's a link to the actual default judgment.
Conviction implies criminal charges
You can't "default" on criminal charges.
http://mortgagefraud.squarespace.com/storage/bold%20funding%20final%20judgement.pdf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 05:59:48 PM

http://mortgagefraud.squarespace.com/storage/bold%20funding%20final%20judgement.pdf

White knight harder.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:07:36 PM

Keep on shining that heaping pile of dog shit that is "Mr. Bitcoin". One day it will shine!
indio007

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:13:43 PM

A little intellectual honesty goes a long way. Try it.
BlockHash

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:18:03 PM

Take the blinders off, Bitcoin's face and hero is a scammer and fraudster.

It's clear from the State's Attorney that the only reason they went Civil instead of Criminal for this is because they wanted to recover some funds for the victims.
indio007

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:30:21 PM

It's clear from the State's Attorney that the only reason they went Civil instead of Criminal for this is because they wanted to recover some funds for the victims.

Ummm that makes no sense. They can recover funds either way.

He might be a scammer and a fraudster. You people are trying to make him a criminal despite the fact there is zero evidence for that accusation.
I could less about Bruce you people are being intellectual dishonest and just let anything spew from your mouths.
Exaggeration and hyperbole is hurting your cause.
BlockHash

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:37:32 PM

Ummm that makes no sense. They can recover funds either way.

He might be a scammer and a fraudster. You people are trying to make him a criminal despite the fact there is zero evidence for that accusation.
I could less about Bruce you people are being intellectual dishonest and just let anything spew from your mouths.
Exaggeration and hyperbole is hurting your cause.

So a scammer and a fraudster, and a civil judgement isn't "criminal" behavior just because, in your opinion, it wasn't tried in criminal court? You are playing semantics here worse than the most ridiculous hyperbole I've seen.

Read the case. It's pretty damn clear what kind of person Bruce is. Also, look at this actual CRIMINAL history (non-civil) in Ohio & New York. That's pretty entertaining as well, since it's pretty much the same stuff from the mortgage fraud case (with the bonus of assault and prostitution).
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:46:07 PM

He might be a scammer and a fraudster. You people are trying to make him a criminal

He stole money from broke, desperate people who thought they were making a last-ditch effort to save their homes and often borrowing to do so. They lost their homes and the last little bit of money they had. That's what Bruce did for a living. He spent the last few dollars of hundreds of desperate broke people on trips to go screw exotic whores. That's the guy you're defending.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BlockHash

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:06:14 PM

@BlockHash

Are you suggesting that a person with a proven history of mortgage scamming, preying upon the people that could afford it the least being the unemployed, poor and elderly, also with a history of assault on women, credit card cbuse convictions and involved in prostitution would scam the decent folk of the Bitcoin community?

Are you insane ?

I know, please help me see the error of my ways!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:07:55 PM

@BlockHash

Are you suggesting that a person with a proven history of mortgage scamming, preying upon the people that could afford it the least being the unemployed, poor and elderly, also with a history of assault on women, credit card cbuse convictions and involved in prostitution would scam the decent folk of the Bitcoin community?

Are you insane ?

I know, please help me see the error of my ways!

That's easy. These things are prohibited, so they can't possibly have happened. The government checks this stuff, you know?
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:22:15 PM

The funniest thing is this. I'll bet more than half the people on this forum have criminal pasts, histories of fraud, theft and hacking.

I have mine, but they do not involve theft, hacking or fraud. But i'm a natural born criminal, since all things good and proper are now outlawed in this society.

Someone mentioned this recently, and I think it bears restatement.
Bitcoins have a natural tendency to attract the more shadier elements of society. Why?
Because they are anti-government, and the anti-government crowd is very disillusioned with society at the present time.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:00:44 PM

Holy shit!  I was just in the irc (freenode, #bitcoin) and bruce came in there and tweeted to prove it was him (here's the tweet), and then the channel op booted his ass out.  Lawl, Bruce can't catch a break.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:40:32 PM

I, too, was looking for "hard evidence". I found some, which I previously posted in another thread.

Bold Funding, Inc.
Nevada corporation search
Status: "Permanently Revoked".  President: "BRUCE WAGNER" Address "2248 MERIDIAN BLVD STE H   MINDEN, NV".  

The address is actually "Sutton Law Center", an "Incorporate in Nevada" firm specializing in "asset protection". "Corporate Direct forms and maintains your entity, and you subscribe to the Corporate Formality Services, we guarantee that you will not be exposed to personal liability from an attempt to pierce the corporate veil. If you are planning to form an entity to create asset protection, subscribing to the Corporate Formality Services will give you the added confidence that your protection team is working for you."

Updating...

An image of the court judgement against Bruce Wagner and Bold Funding is available.
"... Defendant Bold Funding and Defendant Bruce Wagner did not possess a license to engage in the business of a mortgage broker, mortgage servicing company, or a mortgage company in Illinois. ... Defendant Bold Funding and Defendant Bruce Wagner received thousands of dollars from homeowners for the purpose of providing funding for them, but the Defendants did not provide such services and then retained these monies for their own use."

The Bruce Wagner associated with Bitcoin has already admitted on these forums that he is the same Bruce Wagner associated with Bold Funding.

Any questions?
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:40:59 PM

Holy shit!  I was just in the irc (freenode, #bitcoin) and bruce came in there and tweeted to prove it was him (here's the tweet), and then the channel op booted his ass out.  Lawl, Bruce can't catch a break.

At this time I think everyone should really boycott his show, his conferences and do no more business with him.
BitcoinBug

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:42:46 PM

This really is an eye opener. Sadly
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:47:59 PM

As I've read on, this really is horrific news. And if Bruce really is behind the MyBitCoin scandal, then this is really really bad. Anyone knows if there's in fact a real investigation taking place into this? Bruce does not seem like the most technical proficient person (but if he can con us in other regards, perhaps he can con us here as well).

A huge number of scams involving technology intentionally use two people: one is the smooth talker who doesn't fully understand computers, the other is the one who knows how to code and handle systems, who works in secret in the background.

The smooth talker who doesn't fully understand computers usually can't hide that he doesn't understand computers and when the scam goes down people assume this poor guy must be the victim too. It doesn't occur to them that the con man will simply collaborate with players that the victims don't even see, or, that the victims see but don't realize are connected.

Bruce Wagner continued promoting mybitcoin even after multiple people had been losing coins and having other problems, even after multiple people were complaining of weeks of trying to make contact but not getting responses. You don't promote something with such obvious warning signs if you're not in on it. Well, unless you're really, really stupid.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
BitcoinBug

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:53:40 PM

MyBitcoin allecations are very thin ATM, and Bruce's reaction on money loss seemed genuine. So if this turns out to be true, he is a VERY GOOD ACTOR!
I'm sure people are already digging into MyBitcoin again.
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:54:27 PM

As I've read on, this really is horrific news. And if Bruce really is behind the MyBitCoin scandal, then this is really really bad. Anyone knows if there's in fact a real investigation taking place into this? Bruce does not seem like the most technical proficient person (but if he can con us in other regards, perhaps he can con us here as well).

A huge number of scams involving technology intentionally use two people: one is the smooth talker who doesn't fully understand computers, the other is the one who knows how to code and handle systems, who works in secret in the background.

The smooth talker who doesn't fully understand computers usually can't hide that he doesn't understand computers and when the scam goes down people assume this poor guy must be the victim too. It doesn't occur to them that the con man will simply collaborate with players that the victims don't even see, or, that the victims see but don't realize are connected.

Bruce Wagner continued promoting mybitcoin even after multiple people had been losing coins and having other problems, even after multiple people were complaining of weeks of trying to make contact but not getting responses. You don't promote something with such obvious warning signs if you're not in on it. Well, unless you're really, really stupid.

Agreed.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:02:47 PM

A huge number of scams include two or more people where some of them get "scammed" along with the marks to provoke a feeling of solidarity and sympathy (as well as trust)
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:07:24 PM

So a scammer and a fraudster, and a civil judgement isn't "criminal" behavior just because, in your opinion, it wasn't tried in criminal court? You are playing semantics here worse than the most ridiculous hyperbole I've seen.

No, a civil judgment isn't "criminal" because it's not a criminal judgment.  This is the definition, by law.  You can play semantics and debate whether you can call someone a "criminal" even when they're not a "convicted criminal".  But people keep calling Bruce a 'convict' in the mortgage case, which just isn't true.  The same way OJ Simpson was never convicted of murder.  It's not a matter of semantics.  I'm not saying this exonerates Bruce, but misinformation doesn't exactly help people's cases.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: