Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Wagner and the surrounding drama.  (Read 18870 times)
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:34:08 AM

Right, like the way Bruce omits the answers to all of the difficult questions from his responses and then never comes back to the thread if people start asking them.

And the way he posts a self-serving "explanation" which is just a list of excuses, on a thread that he's locked so he can try preaching to a forcibly silenced audience.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:35:48 AM

I wanted anyone who was doing obvious trolling to be banned.

Yeah, only the people you were calling trolls were actually just telling the truth, which you were trying to get banned. But I understand you don't want it to be seen like that. Smiley
You do hopefully understand that on your own forum, the real truth would have probably never come out, because you wouldn't have given it a chance.
Why can't people display the truth in a more sincere manner? Why must the truth always be portrayed in a deamining and inflammatory way meant to intimidate the entire community? The SA trolling has been going on for MONTHS long before ANY of this Bruce stuff started to happen.

Should all the abuse that you guys have inflicted on this community be forgiven because you brought us a few "good" facts? I say "good" because these facts were not brought out to protect the community from people like Bruce, but instead were brought to light to cause damage and pain to anyone who is part of the Bitcoin movement.

You want proof? You guys have 481 pages of it.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:39:54 AM

Should all the abuse that you guys have inflicted on this community be forgiven because you brought us a few "good" facts? I say "good" because these facts were not brought out to protect the community from people like Bruce, but instead were brought to light to cause damage and pain to anyone who is part of the Bitcoin movement.

I vote hell no. On the should it be forgiven, I mean.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:47:04 AM

Why can't people display the truth in a more sincere manner? Why must the truth always be portrayed in a deamining and inflammatory way meant to intimidate the entire community? The SA trolling has been going on for MONTHS long before ANY of this Bruce stuff started to happen.

I don't know. I think you have a pretty low bar for intimidation.

On the other side of the coin, just yesterday a prominent member of the community was banned for making veiled threats of violence against SA members. He also tweeted similar threats.

How many SA trolls have actually threatened Bitcoiners with violence? Because that sounds a lot more like intimidation than anything you're talking about.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:47:51 AM

You notice how they bring up Bruce when I'm describing their behavior? That called transference. It's a pathetic debate tactic.

Ok , you've convinced me , you've sunk to his level for answering criticism.

Your debate tactics are old ,stale and reek of immaturity.  I have yet to see any of you refute an accusation (at least Bruce tried that) , all you guys do is through more shit a the wall.
It's sad you don't even realize how transparent that is. It's what is expected though because your behavior has no legitimate defense except changing the subject.
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 07:52:34 AM

Who brought up Bruce? He hasn't been banned from here as far as I know. I was talking about this winner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40477.0

I could talk about how you've been consistently disingenuous almost to the point of absurdity throughout all of this mess, but I'm sure that's a fact you already know about yourself.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
d'aniel

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:23:02 AM

Who brought up Bruce? He hasn't been banned from here as far as I know. I was talking about this winner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40477.0

I could talk about how you've been consistently disingenuous almost to the point of absurdity throughout all of this mess, but I'm sure that's a fact you already know about yourself.
Whoa, noagendamarket got banned?  He's been around here since damn near the beginning.
indio007

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:56:46 AM

Are you trying to insult my intelligence? Do you even read your last post?

A wise man said the greatest lie is omission.

Right, like the way Bruce omits the answers to all of the difficult questions from his responses and then never comes back to the thread if people start asking them.

I'm done playing games with you fuck nut. Anymore from you and I'm going to get vicious.
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:00:55 AM

I'm done playing games with you fuck nut. Anymore from you and I'm going to get vicious.

And what would that entail?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:25:33 PM

And what would that entail?

I think he just meant he was going to go bring in these chaps to take his side in this debate:

or this guy

Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:50:13 PM

Oh he's gonna get vicious, we better back off guys, no telling what he might do!

rainingbitcoins

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:16:15 PM

Oh he's gonna get vicious, we better back off guys, no telling what he might do!

He probably never closed this thread and just sat there drinking himself into oblivion thinking about how this cruel world slanders poor, innocent con artists. Then he tried to punch the monitor, but missed and knocked over his whiskey instead.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:18:40 PM

He will mine bitcoins so hard that the heat from his rig will cause immediate global warming, rising sealevels and the killing of all beings who have not boarded the Bitcoin-Arc. Fleeee!!!!

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:50:18 PM

He probably never closed this thread and just sat there drinking himself into oblivion thinking about how this cruel world slanders poor, innocent con artists. Then he tried to punch the monitor, but missed and knocked over his whiskey instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFX04tOPv8s

And then he curled up in the shower crying, while trying to wash off the filth of the dirty homo couple living down the street.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 03:26:38 PM

Being gay, a part of the furry fandom, and on SecondLife since 2003, I've had the (dis)pleasure of observing the SA goons for many years (possibly since the group formed). So, if the accusations against Bruce are true, it's too bad they are coming from attention-whore, flame-baiting, drama queen trolls with almost zero credibility, and zero distinction between fact and hyperbole. That group should have a giant [Citation Needed] warning label.
DrZaius

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:32:42 PM

I am absolutely amazed by this post.

Essentially, what you're saying is, yeah, Bruce Wagner is damaging to the community. Yeah, the Bitcoin movement should be protected by people like him.  But because these evidence-backed accusations were apparently done to intimidate the 'entire' community, they should be ignored. So that Bruce can continue to damage the community? What's the endgame here?

First off, not every Anti-Bruce poster is anti-Bitcoin. But let's pretend they were. Who cares? I can defend my own, but regardless,  I don't care about their motives.

What I care about is Bruce Wagner, continually lying and misleading.

*This* man doesn't have the best interests of BitCoin at heart, either. Or he wouldn't have continually insisted that Pattaya was a good spot for the conference. That it was chosen first and foremost as a business centre. Or insisted that underage sex doesn't happen there, despite writing a diatribe on a thai sex website about how, if there was any karma, the low tippers would be the ones getting painfully devirginized over a period of 4 hours. Are there many 38 year old virgins in Pattaya? He wouldn't have lied about what he did and didn't write on those message boards. He wouldn't disrespect the Bitcoin community by lying about what (at the time) were unfounded allegations that were easily defendable.

He wouldn't have continued to promote MyBitCoin, despite assurances to the contrary, for months after it was deemed suspicious. He wouldn't have (allegedly) lied about contacting the FBI.

He wouldn't have lied to the Bitcoin Community about Bold Funding, claiming that they took on too many staff and were simply overworked, despite the fact that court documents showed he couldn't identify a single customer. He wouldn't have, while conducting his business with Bold Funding, lied about its startup date, claiming it began in 1992 and not 2004. He wouldn't have lied about it having 74 regional offices and not 1.

...He wouldn't immediately brush all of this off with a  "Don't you see, these people hate the Bitcoin community!" defense that seems to be working so well on a number of you. That's not a defense against the allegations against himself. That's misdirection, the work of a conman. And it IS working well. Yesterday on IRC he refused to provide a BitCoin address to show evidence of his MyBitcoin refund he's claimed. Despite this, he is still defended and 'trusted'.

And the continued defense of Bruce doesn't just damage the community, it continues to feed the trolls.
bbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:13:10 PM

On the other side of the coin, just yesterday a prominent member of the community was banned for making veiled threats of violence against SA members. He also tweeted similar threats.

How many SA trolls have actually threatened Bitcoiners with violence? Because that sounds a lot more like intimidation than anything you're talking about.

You seriously don't know about the violence SA has done to  forum members ?  Bitcoinmedia is having his family  threatened by SA members!

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:24:06 PM

You seriously don't know about the violence SA has done to  forum members ?  Bitcoinmedia is having his family  threatened by SA members!

What? Please someone offer some proof of this, because if true it's ridiculous and very concerning.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:39:35 PM

What? Please someone offer some proof of this, because if true it's ridiculous and very concerning.

who are all these south africans i keep reading about?
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:54:53 PM

Blockhash I don't make this stuff up lol  here you go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40477.0

Standard of proof required for trolls: court documents not good enough, signed confession maybe?

Standard of proof required for bbit: forum post from crazy guy who got banned for threatening SA members

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██