Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:30:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Wagner and the surrounding drama.  (Read 18868 times)
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 10:48:11 PM

It's just what happens here when the natives get angry at someone.  Look at what they are doing to this poor guy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40934.msg500238#msg500238

I really like this place but it's a shame good guys like Bruce and Ben are being torn down for their success.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 03:28:22 AM

It's just what happens here when the natives get angry at someone.  Look at what they are doing to this poor guy:

I really like this place but it's a shame good guys like Bruce and Ben are being torn down for their success.

I was about to fall for it, hook line and sinker.

Lol. Good troll.

Bruce is a herpa-derpa-der and Ben is a criminal.

The end.

PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 03:37:23 AM

Lol. Good troll.

The end.

That has been debated into the ground, but regardless of how you come down on it the mob justice nature of it is unseemly.  In both cases it's a matter for the courts if you want to try and mulligan the results of the transactions in question, posting their home adresses and employment information for a mob of anonymous internet people is not a great idea.  By all means provide the data to the individuals who may need it to go to the legal system if they want but nobody else has any need of it.

--
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 03:37:47 AM

The end.

Hey, give credit where credit is due.

Bruce is a criminal and a herpa-derpa-der. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 03:50:59 AM

Lol. Good troll.

The end.

That has been debated into the ground, but regardless of how you come down on it the mob justice nature of it is unseemly.  In both cases it's a matter for the courts if you want to try and mulligan the results of the transactions in question, posting their home adresses and employment information for a mob of anonymous internet people is not a great idea.  By all means provide the data to the individuals who may need it to go to the legal system if they want but nobody else has any need of it.

You cannot be serious. Mob justice? What is a court of law but a mob sworn on a bible? There is no governing body of Bitcoin, so there ended up being a thread instead, full of community members from around the world, and it's full of a lot of very educated (and a lot of retarded, backward) opinions and advice for Ben. He was flippant and he is in the wrong, in his state, in his jurisdiction. He's in the WRONG, legally, morally and ethically.

The time of these bitcoin forums is winding down.

Time for something new.

PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 03:57:40 AM

You cannot be serious. Mob justice? What is a court of law but a mob sworn on a bible? There is no governing body of Bitcoin, so there ended up being a thread instead, full of community members from around the world, and it's full of a lot of very educated (and a lot of retarded, backward) opinions and advice for Ben. He was flippant and he is in the wrong, in his state, in his jurisdiction. He's in the WRONG, legally, morally and ethically.

The time of these bitcoin forums is winding down.

Time for something new.

Oh believe me, I'm no fan of the government or the courts.  My opinion on this is that the free market has already decided the issue.  If you aren't going to go to the courts though there is no reason to post personal employment data unless you are considering a campaign of harassment of some kind, which is not at all Christian.

--
NghtRppr

Activity: 504

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 04:11:15 AM

Has this Bruce guy stolen someone's BTC or what? There are so many threads about him but I can't figure out who on these forums has actually been wronged by him. I'm sorry if this has already been asked a dozen times. A link to the answer will be fine if nobody feels like explaining it again.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 04:14:50 AM

Has this Bruce guy stolen someone's BTC or what? There are so many threads about him but I can't figure out who on these forums has actually been wronged by him. I'm sorry if this has already been asked a dozen times. A link to the answer will be fine if nobody feels like explaining it again.

Some trolls have a silly theory that he is behind the MyBitcoin thing.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MyBitcoin

They have dredged all through his past to find new accusations to make but in the end they have nothing to prove his involvement with MyBitcoin or that he has done anything to anyone here.

--
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:26:04 AM

Even if everything else about him was false, he's still an unashamed Ubuntu fan and that's damning enough in my eyes.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:29:30 AM

Some trolls have a silly theory that he is behind the MyBitcoin thing.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MyBitcoin

They have dredged all through his past to find new accusations to make but in the end they have nothing to prove his involvement with MyBitcoin or that he has done anything to anyone here.

There's plenty of evidence out there:
He used the pseudonym "TodWilliams" in his previous scams.
He continued to promote MyBitcoin despite posters here pointed out the security vulnerabilities of MyBitcoin.
Bruce uses the same webhost as MyBitcoin.

If that's not enough evidence, I don't know what is.

NghtRppr

Activity: 504

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 04:36:11 AM

That's all I wanted to know. I'll leave you guys to slug it out. This doesn't affect me because I would never send my BTC to a website that didn't offer evidence of being a registered business. The lesson to be learned is, know who you're doing business with.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 04:50:19 AM

Extremely weak.  You would be laughed out of court.

He continued to promote MyBitcoin despite posters here pointed out the security vulnerabilities of MyBitcoin.

Shows only an honest and trusting nature, good people are often naive.  

This was proven incorrect.   Even if it were true, what the heck would it prove?

This is nothing but people wanting Bruce to be the bad guy and grasping at straws to make it so, there is just nothing solid there at all. 

--
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 05:21:46 AM

Extremely weak.  You would be laughed out of court.

Shows only an honest and trusting nature, good people are often naive.  

This was proven incorrect.   Even if it were true, what the heck would it prove?

This is nothing but people wanting Bruce to be the bad guy and grasping at straws to make it so, there is just nothing solid there at all. 

Sorry to sound too conspiratorial, but frankly his past legal trouble coupled with his "one love" psychopathy makes it all to clear that his actions speak louder than his words. I've known people very much like Bruce Wagner in real life, and the charisma is the first giveaway.

Based on my previous experience with people that fit many of Bruce's characteristics, you simply cannot be so naive as to believe that such an easily disprovable 302 forward -- "OMG HE'S ON THE SAME HOST" is anything but a honeypot. I absolutely know that people like Bruce are capable of high levels of deception, and are great chess players. Who's to say that he didn't point MyBitcoin to his own server, just to point out that someone is trying to frame him?

You can call me a conspiracy theorist ALL YOU WANT, but there are rational minded people who read this who will agree, 100% that, based on their own experience with his kind, that this is a very possible reality.

I wish you well pinkypie. I'm not sure that you're shilling for anyone, so much as you are either somewhat naive and good hearted, or simply trolling for reactions. Still, it's appreciated, because yours is a position that requires others to prove theirs, and I can respect that.

Regards,
Jonathan

indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:29:36 AM

Are you seriously defending that Ben Davis dude? Honestly I don't know how you compare the 2 incidents.
PinkiePie

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2011, 05:33:12 AM

^ He did nothing wrong, if you send Bitcoins to someone you sent them, we don't need the government to decide this and start ruling the bitcoin world.

Who's to say that he didn't point MyBitcoin to his own server, just to point out that someone is trying to frame him?

"Who's to say he didn't?" isn't evidence, that's my point.   "Who's to say" the real criminals didn't just see an opportunity to keep people off their trail?

If they are on the same host, that's proof he did it!  If they are on different, oh well that just means he is playing 11th dimensional chess and faking everyone out!  That's what I mean about wanting him to be guilty.  It's fitting the facts to the conclusion that Bruce did it.  I think a more objective look at the MyBitcoin situation is that they stone cold got away with it and there are no solid trails, so far at least.

--
DiaperedDynamo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:39:38 AM

If word of Bruce gets out to major news outlets, it could shatter confidence in Bitcoins. That's the main problem with these allegations. Even if they're not true, it's still bad press, but it's even worse because Bruce's statements don't match the record of events.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:41:21 AM

I dont think you troll's are going to be able to take Bruce down.  Grin He will be back on his show as soon as he gets back to New York, with his ratings trippled from the publicity you numb nuts gave him for FREE.
DiaperedDynamo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:44:52 AM

I dont think you troll's are going to be able to take Bruce down.  Grin He will be back on his show as soon as he gets back to New York, with his ratings trippled from the publicity you numb nuts gave him for FREE.
Yes, THREE HUNDRED TROLLS in his channel at one time instead of the one hundred there were before.
indio007

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:55:58 AM

^ He did nothing wrong, if you send Bitcoins to someone you sent them, we don't need the government to decide this and start ruling the bitcoin world.

Who's to say that he didn't point MyBitcoin to his own server, just to point out that someone is trying to frame him?

"Who's to say he didn't?" isn't evidence, that's my point.   "Who's to say" the real criminals didn't just see an opportunity to keep people off their trail?

If they are on the same host, that's proof he did it!  If they are on different, oh well that just means he is playing 11th dimensional chess and faking everyone out!  That's what I mean about wanting him to be guilty.  It's fitting the facts to the conclusion that Bruce did it.  I think a more objective look at the MyBitcoin situation is that they stone cold got away with it and there are no solid trails, so far at least.

He didn't intentionally send the amount that got sent . It was an error.
So again, He did nothing wrong? Try larceny. The subject of the theft is irrelevant. Bitcoins aren't some sacred object.
In truth though, the government didn't and won't decide anything. Ben Davis decided and expressly consented to when he enjoyed the benefit of the government's care and protection. Getting imprisoned for larceny is his protection from getting shot in the face by the offended party as a result of his unjust enrichment.
Rest assured if phantomcircuit did some self help justice and hacked one of Ben Davis's hands off with a cleaver , you' be the first person to bitch that the government should imprison him.
bosschair

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:07:38 AM

I'm not even sure what to think anymore.  Bruce definitely seems a little off, but I also don't like this mob-trial thing that's going on here.  I mean, come on, the guy was such a cheerleader for the whole community.... doesn't he get a bit of benefit of the doubt?  I think MTGOX has a good point: the justice system caught him doing whatever he was doing and it WORKED, so the problem is fixed now.  Justice has been served so we can go back to trusting him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: