Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] #coin  (Read 39678 times)
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:45:08 AM

PLEASE post launch time.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alicex

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:50:14 AM

i hope there should be more new applications for this coin ,and with more support by DEV team ,and premine should be control under 1%.
grebec92

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:16:02 AM

Need launch time!!!
Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:14:01 PM

No updates on launch day? Dead coin before it even started?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
hashtagcoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:06:19 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 03:37:34 AM by hashtagcoin

Do'nt be afraid. In 48 hrs #coin will be born. Please use the date-stamp used by the forum not your local time - its just confusing.

Don't panic about the launch time. There will be only 0.01 coin rewards for the first 10,000 blocks. This is to prevent dumping for the first weeks on launch. It's also designed to protect stakeholders and their investment. #coin will be here long after the launch so we are always thinking long-term.

Stakeholders for IPO - I've noted your names from here and PM. Details of the IPO will be released on 1st Feb. This will be run for 2 weeks.

I am getting alot of messages in PM which I haven't responded to, I am not ignoring you, I've read them, please let me get back to you soon as I need to decide on your offers individually - they are appreciated.

Follow me on twitter to receive the latest spec information to be released later tonight.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:48:56 AM

To a fellow Aussie to Another Wink

Maybe you could get into contact with Twitter and ask them if they would be interested in rewarding people with #coin (hashtag coin) per post kind of like a faucet and then twitter can implement a game and payment system for #coins, the games would be free kind of like Facebook games but if you want to upgrade or buy certain items etc, you just pay in #coins you could even get rewarded for playing the game or buy rewards (#coin)......

If it gets popular Twitter could make a killing and then charge #coin for ad-free versions of twitter games...... dunno if this will happen till after it get's popular though.

I just thought since Twitter started the whole hastag # endeavour.

+ you could sell it to Twitter and become super rich lol
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:04:21 AM

107k#coins released as 107x 1,000 coin bundles (half this if 0.5% decided on). Max 50 million ever in circulation.

Suggestions welcome for the starting price in BTC for a 1,000 bundle block of #coin.

Note that it will take around 4 days for the miners to mine this amount of coin.

Any idea yet how much for the 1000 coin bundle? I might risk 0.1 BTC. Smiley
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:12:14 AM

What would you want to see in a coin?
What would you not want to see?

I appreciate you asking.
I have been studying this zoo here for a while now.
Do you want to read some ideas? I know I am late. But it's not started yet.

Coins per block 50 (halving every 500,000 blocks ~ 868 days ) ---> Arbitrary

If it's arbitrary to you, then change it to a much shorter intervall than 868 days.

Why?  Inflation.

Look at a few dozen coins on cryptsy. Man, look at all of them, on a month scale.
The majority is loosing value. That has many reasons, of course. But one is this one:

If you put out more coins per day than (the market wants to eat + the miners want to keep),
then what happens is ... the price falls. Simple.

Almost everything is happening in the beginning now. You make it right away, or you don't.

So: To make your coin more precious, you could go for the first block reward reduction early, the next one a bit later, etc.
What would happen if you extend the time between two reward reductions each time a bit more?

Premine

A small premine, distributed in small (not to spoil the price of the coin) amounts to many hundred wallet downloaders is an important incentive; and used as small bounties for infrastructure builders (addnodes, block explorer, pools, faucets, logo-designers, sourcecode readers in case of problems, payments systems, ...) can make sense if used transparently, and responsibly. I have seen that go well with some coins, and not so well with others. And I have seen coins without premine starving due to the lack of paid support.  

You want a vibrant network of participants who are investing themselves into your coin.

You can impress with a small %-number, I guess. Bounties don't need to be huge. Always compare how much the premine it is compared to the total market, in x weeks. You don't want to be seen as dominating the coin for too long.

If you hand out premined coins in large amounts, try to (partly?) time-lock those coins somehow; early dumps destroy any hope for reasonable prices, then people leave, that's it, coin dead.  To time-lock away some of the IPO sounds bad for the coin owners - but it's actually good for them, like it's good for everyone invested into the coin, that you prevent that one or two of your big fish can start massively dumping early.

Budgeted for over 5 years
Think shorter. And if your coin is still around in 5 years, you'd probably be
able to do almost anything with 1/1000 premine, or 1/10000 or 1/100000.

Block reward: Low nominal value till block 2,500 ---> On release initially first blocks upto block 2,500  (~4.5 days) pay-out only 1 coin.

sounds too long. Half a night was good enough in other coins.
Make it 24h, then every timezone can have learnt about the start.

! I might be totally wrong with some of these thoughts.
But perhaps I could give some ideas what to think about ?

Good luck with your coin start!

(click)

no sign of a signature
Vasserman777

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:42:58 AM

Miner has a purse?
btc3045

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

when to begin?
meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:21:46 PM

There will be only 0.01 coin rewards for the first 10,000 blocks. This is to prevent dumping for the first weeks on launch. It's also designed to protect stakeholders and their investment.

Way way to much blocks with no reward. Yes you want to prevent it from being dumped and protect your investors. But for a coin to succeed you need the little people. (the miners) No miners, no coin You want the miners to invest in your coin and give you all of their combined hashing power. yet you only think about returning BTC to your stakeholders.

Im not saying blocks shouldn't be less in the beginning. just saying that 10k blocks is way to much.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:32:27 PM

There will be only 0.01 coin rewards for the first 10,000 blocks. This is to prevent dumping for the first weeks on launch. It's also designed to protect stakeholders and their investment.

Way way to much blocks with no reward. Yes you want to prevent it from being dumped and protect your investors. But for a coin to succeed you need the little people. (the miners) No miners, no coin You want the miners to invest in your coin and give you all of their combined hashing power. yet you only think about returning BTC to your stakeholders.

Im not saying blocks shouldn't be less in the beginning. just saying that 10k blocks is way to much.

+1

i´ll wait until 10k block,  if the difficult its huge then switch another coin, if low then i´ll mine.

Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:06:14 PM

+1
10k too much
baokychen

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

Do'nt be afraid. In 48 hrs #coin will be born. Please use the date-stamp used by the forum not your local time - its just confusing.

Don't panic about the launch time. There will be only 0.01 coin rewards for the first 10,000 blocks. This is to prevent dumping for the first weeks on launch. It's also designed to protect stakeholders and their investment. #coin will be here long after the launch so we are always thinking long-term.

Stakeholders for IPO - I've noted your names from here and PM. Details of the IPO will be released on 1st Feb. This will be run for 2 weeks.

I am getting alot of messages in PM which I haven't responded to, I am not ignoring you, I've read them, please let me get back to you soon as I need to decide on your offers individually - they are appreciated.

Follow me on twitter to receive the latest spec information to be released later tonight.

I not going to mine the first 10,000 blocks then, it will take very long time then for people to take it to the 10,000 block.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:40:37 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 02:24:31 AM by brother3

I not going to mine the first 10,000 blocks then, it will take very long time then for people to take it to the 10,000 block.

10K is too much of a wait...why mine?
Fiku

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:10:18 PM

Then there's not much point

What's the point in doing that? Everyone will just wait up until the 10,000th block and then start mining it... the difficultly will go insane, and nobody will want to be apart of it. If you're going to do this, make it gradually increase so it would encourage everyone to mine from the start.
xwortel

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:19:19 PM

+1
10k too much

Same here. I will wait. And I think a lot of is miners will do that. Because of that, the coin will not lift off,looses intrest.

nauticatom

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:30:48 PM

Yeah if I have to wait 10000 blocks, that could be weeks.. You are actually going to destroy the IPO, because the general mining public will lose interest in it, and you have other coins set to release like ultracoin, which will just erode interest, you are taking too conservative of a route.
Crixxus

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:55:59 PM

gotta be a joke
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:02:11 AM

Yeah if I have to wait 10000 blocks, that could be weeks.. You are actually going to destroy the IPO, because the general mining public will lose interest in it, and you have other coins set to release like ultracoin, which will just erode interest, you are taking too conservative of a route.

Just because the general mining public got used to instamining and doesn't realise the benefits of a slow start doesn't mean this coin is doomed...

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: