Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] #coin  (Read 39678 times)
johndec2

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:34:20 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 09:10:40 PM by johndec2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cloudpost

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:52:59 AM

Set low reward for first 500 blocks for insta mine and normal reward for 500+ blocks.

And please launch asap & post launch time!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:20:15 AM

Feb,1st..... No any news?
nbphuoc

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:05:03 AM

Just launch the coin man, what are you waiting for?
Phantas

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:24:09 AM

waiting for miracle  Grin

Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:00:42 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I am delaying the launch until I figure out what the right way to handle the initial rewards are. Let me get this right for everyone involved. Either that or we can do a relaunch once we see how this one goes. Your thoughts?

I think u should delay the coin, you need to sort out everything before launching this coin. There is no need to hurry.

atleticofa

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

Today is the launch for a lot of coins. Better wait Wink
ibidem

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:16:51 PM

Don't wanna miss it... What time is the launch today?

FCKbanks: FZXdMQ5fiuL5x1PgAsd5QA3o1YYZ896nAp
nbphuoc

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:17:58 PM

How to be the first to mine #Coin?
  • Register at our pool, verify your email address(No need to verify email for now, quick registration)
  • Create workers
  • Put this pool as main pool, and set your miner as "failover-only",  so when #coin is released you mine instantly!

Join our professional mining pool at:
http://hashtagcoin.altcoinpool.org/
100% uptime
DigitalOcean Secured Server - with 32GB RAM and 8 CPUS

Follow my instructions and you will never miss it
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

• Register at our pool, verify your email address(No need to verify email for now, quick registration)
  • Create workers
  • Put this pool as main pool, and set your miner as "failover-only",  so when #coin is released you mine instantly!

100% uptime

2% fee... and also ask 0.5-1% donation.. you are greedy.
nbphuoc

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:02:21 PM

• Create workers

100% uptime

2% fee... and also ask 0.5-1% donation.. you are greedy.
That was old, just removed Grin
I asked for donation when the fee was 0%.
nbphuoc

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

• #coin
    Hashtag Coin

This is an announcement of the intention to release hashtag coin in the coming days.
    We are a small group of 3 based out of Sydney, Australia. This coin is in the late stages of development and we are hoping to get some feed-back from the community before a targeted 1st Feb launch.

Features

Key features of this coin
    1. The coin will be CPU mining friendly to open mining up to more users
    2. The coin will employ a mixed POS/POW to make it more resistant to network attacks
    3. Confirmations will be less than Bitcoin to speed-up transactions

But we are open to other suggestions.

This coin will attempt to combine the better features of various alt-coins in the market.
    What would you want to see in a coin?
    What would you not want to see?

Launch

We also wanted to get some feedback to ensure a smooth launch.
    In terms of a launch what are some of the pitfalls and how would you avoid them (what should we do//not do)

Community

What is the best way to build a community around #coin. We want to get it into the hands of as many people as possible beyond the mining scene.

Developers

We are also looking for an experienced developer who can assist with development. As the coin has not been released yet remuneration will be paid in LTC and not #C as stated on our website.  

The best advice we can get would be from the community, people who live and breath this everyday and so we look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks for all your feedback (good and bad). Please also check out our website for an idea of where we want to take #coin. We hope to see you back here as early #coin supporters.

Bounties

Bounty for security consultant. We are aiming for a clean launch first off on the 25th January. We need someone with either working experience or extensive technical understanding of security issues that could affect our coin, e.g forking and provide ways we can prevent or solve them should they arise. Please PM me if you think you could be of assistance.

Note: you must be able to advise on the remedies and not just point out the problems. We are looking for all bases to be covered not some of them so please bear this in mind. Renumeration will be in #coin. [OPEN]

Bounty for Suggestions - Share your ideas. The most cost-effective ideas will be rewarded with a bounty 15 #coins (you need to post it first).

• How do we grow the #coin community?
    • For promotions what is a fair amount of coins to give away and why?(50 mill coins total - 500k-1mill premine)
    • How do we maintain the network hash-rate into the future? What incentives can we give?

The above Bounty ends January 19, 2014, 04:42:52 AM

Wallet feature : Allow BTC/#coin trading from within the #coin wallet. Developers who feel they can programme this feature are invited to apply. Renumeration will be in BTC or #coin.[OPEN]

The above Bounty will be implemented post launch

Updates

30 Jan

Full coin specs being released tonight. Join on Twitter if you would like them earlier.

19 Jan

Thanks to everyone who has left a message in the forum or in PM over the last 2 days. I've been in Canberra over the weekend but back now and I will get back to everyone in time. Some very good suggestions and also feed-back I will address in this thread.

17 Jan

Warning: We have not yet released any Source or any Binaries. Only download from our official website to be safe

16 Jan

#coin wallet completed. Onto block-explorer.

13 Jan

An excellent proposal by StewJ to allow BTC/#coin trading within the wallet. A bounty will be offered for a developer to assist with this feature.

12th Jan

I've updated the working specifications for #coin (see below). Your feedback is welcomed so we can move to the development phase. As always, we are happy to listen to any idea's as long as reasons are provided to back your case.

An important addition which will help the coin resist mining-pools which spike the network difficulty is Dr Kimoto Chans Gravity Well difficulty algorithm.

10th Jan

Getting the balance right for any coin is important so your suggestions are welcomed for #coin's specifications.
    If you would like to make a suggestion please copy and paste the list into a thread, add what you would like to see, and, more importantly, how you feel it would benefit #coin.

• Based on Scrypt-Jane ---> Promotes solo CPU mining
    • Protocol  POS+POW hybrid ---> Improves resilience to network hash attacks
    • Block generation - 2.5 min ---> Allows faster, transactional type payments when compared to Bitcoin
    • Difficulty change Kimotos Gravity Well algorithm ---> Stabilises network hash rate & protects against large multipools
    • Confirms 2 ---> Arbritary
    • Coins per block 50 (halving every 500,000 blocks ~ 868 days ) ---> Arbitrary
    • Total ~ 50 million coins ---> Arbitrary
    • Premine ~ 500k-1million coins(1-2%) ---> IPO for investors who wish to purchase but not mine #coin (beneficial to all miners as it creates an initial value for #coin). These IPO sales will be used to cover initial and ongoing costs to drive #coin's development and profile. A public ledger is being considered to allow tracking of these costs to cover things that must be paid for dev's, website hosting and ongoing marketing.Thanks to StewJ for this idea.  

• Block reward: Low nominal value till block 2,500 ---> On release initially first blocks upto block 2,500  (~4.5 days) pay-out only 1 coin. This allows everyone to setup their wallets and lets us fix any teething issues at this stage. Thanks to Halibat and illodin for their ideas here.
    • Block 1 = 250k-500k (premine)
    • Block 2 = 1
    • Block 3 = 1
    • Block 2,500 = 50
    • Block 500,000 = 25
    • Block 1,000,000 = 12.5

9th Jan

Leaning towards a Scrypt-Jane implementation- Thanks to sydeu and halibit for their recommendations towards this. I would also like to thank all others for their suggestions. In the end the difference was Scrypt-Jane's ability to offer the best chance for solo-miners to mine which is one of our core requirements for #coin.

Launch the fucking coin please  Angry Angry Angry
Cloudpost

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:22:41 PM

delayed launch is no problem, but it was already delayed 1 or 2 times. Also, developer do not post any info, he's kinda not pesponsible. That's a bad thing.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:38:19 PM

As I mentioned, the investors, who have put their own real money into #coin, have the right to be protected from a flood of coins immediately devaluing their investment.

I guess you clery didnt read what I wrote before. Again! I stated that yes you have to protect your investors. yes cut initial rewards is good.
But i also stated that miners are also investors. Miners are the ones who have to point their rigs to your network. We invest our time and some of us have invested real money into our rigs. One must never forget about the ' little people' . If the little people are to strike, you have no production and no value. We too want to see a return on our investment! Tired of seeing same story. People accusing miners of being the scum of the community while we are simply investors who have to pick a coin and hope we get a return on our investment as well.

again not saying you shouldn't try to prevent instamine, just saying  10k blocks is too much

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
nbphuoc

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:40:16 PM

As I mentioned, the investors, who have put their own real money into #coin, have the right to be protected from a flood of coins immediately devaluing their investment.

blah blah blah....
To be honest dude, I no understand  Grin
Launch the coin already, I don't know what are you waiting for.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:47:20 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I am delaying the launch until I figure out what the right way to handle the initial rewards are. Let me get this right for everyone involved. Either that or we can do a relaunch once we see how this one goes. Your thoughts?

just gradually increase the number of coins per block from 5 to 50 for the first 2-3k blocks
wunderbaro

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:49:53 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE

just gradually increase the number of coins per block from 5 to 50 for the first 2-3k blocks

Yes its a good idea, increase it gradually instead of make it constants low will attract miners more at start too.
brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:03:48 PM

I guess you clery didnt read what I wrote before. Again! I stated that yes you have to protect your investors. yes cut initial rewards is good.
But i also stated that miners are also investors. Miners are the ones who have to point their rigs to your network. We invest our time and some of us have invested real money into our rigs. One must never forget about the ' little people' . If the little people are to strike, you have no production and no value. We too want to see a return on our investment! Tired of seeing same story. People accusing miners of being the scum of the community while we are simply investors who have to pick a coin and hope we get a return on our investment as well.

again not saying you shouldn't try to prevent instamine, just saying  10k blocks is too much

+1
bitclock

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:17:16 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 06:00:18 PM by bitclock

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will only produce approx 29,000 coins per day (576 blocks) if Kimoto's Gravity Well keeps the block time on target at 2.5 min. Given this, a 10,000-20,000 block premine is ridiculous. 500,000 or 1 mil coins compared to block reward of 50 max and OP will have a very large share of total coins.

This is where Aliencoin screwed up, greedy premine (compared to coins mined in a reasonable time frame) killed his coin

Let's color the MOON: Y9SZ5rdJ4xNUyLrn2ThCo8myPCkgLb2KVu
Crackmacs

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:34:19 PM

Multiple delays are not a good thing for adoption. See: Duke Nukem Forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: