Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BlockScan] Counterparty (XCP) Block Explorer  (Read 31822 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:43:01 AM

I've started looking at the order matches screen and have a request. Would it be possible to have that sorted by price or pair then price? Otherwise, seeing more results per page would help with the usability.

Also, I've not looked at counterpartyd but are zero-confirmation orders something you could show? (maybe dimmed to show they aren't active yet)

To sort by price, we have to first sort by pair.  I will look into increasing the page results first.

Are you looking at the order_matches in order to determine if your order has matched? If yes, then the recommended way is to look up your order first and click on the view button. This will show you your order details and related order_matches and btcpays (if any) under  separate tabs

At the moment, the orders need at least 1 confirmation to make it into the counterpartyd. For 0 confirmation orders (and transctions) you can view the mempool table available under http://blockscan.com/pending. It is in RAW json data, but you should still be able to see if your transaction made it in.

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:26:08 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 09:41:39 PM by weex

Actually my purpose is to see order matches that were awaiting BTCpay to see if I want to try and fill one of them. I don't get why so many matches expire but some of them are at low/high prices which makes them interesting.
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:18:38 PM

Actually my purpose is to see order matches that were awaiting bbc pay to see if I want to try and fill one of them. I don't get why so many matches expire but some of them are at low/high prices which makes them interesting.

Most of the expirations are due to the required/provided fee mismatches in addition to incomplete BTCPays

weex
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:43:33 PM

So, not to get too off-topic in your thread but, doesn't Counterwallet take care of the required/provided fee situation i.e are people tweaking things without knowing the impact or... are they trying to minimize fees and the wallet can't handle all of those cases?
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:28:18 PM

Also, I've not looked at counterpartyd but are zero-confirmation orders something you could show? (maybe dimmed to show they aren't active yet)

I've just added the ability to view pending zero confirmation sends, orders, cancels and issuances (dimmed) when looking at the address transaction page

To test this out either do a test transaction or pull up one of the source/destination addresses at http://blockscan.com/pending.  And then lookup the address transactions at the search box

This is still work in progress though and might need some fine tuning.

weex
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:34:07 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 09:20:20 PM by weex

I've just added the ability to view pending zero confirmation sends, orders, cancels and issuances (dimmed) when looking at the address transaction page

To test this out either do a test transaction or pull up one of the source/destination addresses at http://blockscan.com/pending.  And then lookup the address transactions at the search box

This is still work in progress though and might need some fine tuning.

Very cool. That should be helpful in seeing how fast things are happening on the network level.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:47:02 PM

Hi,

No "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header is present on the requested resource. That's the error message I get when trying to access the data with Javascript. Also, it seems the specific asset balance does not work: http://xcp.blockscan.com/api2.aspx?module=address&action=balance&btc_address=16WhhnUUCZVvszFxsaCG3d6v77Qin1LErQ&asset=XCP

Thanks.

mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:58:16 PM

Hi,

No "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header is present on the requested resource. That's the error message I get when trying to access the data with Javascript. Also, it seems the specific asset balance does not work: http://xcp.blockscan.com/api2.aspx?module=address&action=balance&btc_address=16WhhnUUCZVvszFxsaCG3d6v77Qin1LErQ&asset=XCP

Thanks.

I have fixed the asset balance issue. Will look into the other (CORS) issue.

Can you send me a copy of the javascript text snippet or better still jsfiddle link so that I do not have to recreate a script?

Edit: Can you give your javascript another try and let me know if you are still running into issues?

Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 06:26:25 PM

Works now, thanks!

CounterpartyRippler

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:30:22 AM

So, not to get too off-topic in your thread but, doesn't Counterwallet take care of the required/provided fee situation i.e are people tweaking things without knowing the impact or... are they trying to minimize fees and the wallet can't handle all of those cases?

I think most people aren't tweaking things because they don't know what they mean (but it could be checked of course, by looking at BTC Sell orders, especially expired).

Matches aren't handled in the wallet but below in counterpartyd (which is why counterpartyd can still use BTC Sell although it was recently removed from Counterwallet).
CounterpartyRippler

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:49:57 AM

@mtbitcoin, on home page the exchange rate of XCP is based on the last BTC Sell (for XCP) trade executed on the DEx, which was few days back.
Maybe you should the rate from Coinmarketcap or weighted average from main exchanges?
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:47:17 AM

@mtbitcoin, on home page the exchange rate of XCP is based on the last BTC Sell (for XCP) trade executed on the DEx, which was few days back.
Maybe you should the rate from Coinmarketcap or weighted average from main exchanges?

Does Coinmarketcap have an API for pulling prices?

weex
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:42:05 PM

Most of the volume is on Bter so I would prefer it be based on the last trade for Bter btcxcp and bitstamp btcusd. If you want to future proof it a bit you could go volume weighted for the top 3-4 exchanges on each pair.
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:23:17 PM

Most of the volume is on Bter so I would prefer it be based on the last trade for Bter btcxcp and bitstamp btcusd. If you want to future proof it a bit you could go volume weighted for the top 3-4 exchanges on each pair.

Yeah, I was thinking of fixing it to BTER too. The prices across centralized exchanges normally normalizes due to arbitrage, so in using the prices on either one of the exchanges should be good enough

weex
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:36:46 PM

Cool. By the way, I hope you're ready to syntax-highlight some Serpent contracts! Grin
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:06:16 PM

Cool. By the way, I hope you're ready to syntax-highlight some Serpent contracts! Grin

Lol... it looks like its time to hit the "code" again. Are there any technical write-ups/wiki entries for the latest "eth" style contracts?

mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:06:42 PM

Yeah, I was thinking of fixing it to BTER too. The prices across centralized exchanges normally normalizes due to arbitrage, so in using the prices on either one of the exchanges should be good enough

ok. done. linked to BTER prices for now

weex
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:53:46 AM

Lol... it looks like its time to hit the "code" again. Are there any technical write-ups/wiki entries for the latest "eth" style contracts?

I think it's pretty similar to python. Vbuterin pointed out a bunch of examples at https://github.com/ethereum/serpent/tree/poc7/examples
mtbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Etherscan.io

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:21:35 AM

Hi

I don't know if this is the correct place to report errors or not but I've noticed an error is returned when searching on an asset 'string' of characters in xch.blockscan explorer this only happens with xch.blockscan Counterparty and Dogeparty blockscan explorers appear to handle asset strings correctly with dogeparty sending the results to what looks like there own block explorer results page.

error msg

Opps Unrecognized search pattern 'string'

Fixed. Thank you

Equality 7-2521

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

A difference which makes a difference

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

Hey Mt.Bitcoin,

How well are you prepared for a huge amount of traffic directed towards Blockscan.com? I am aware of a number of projects (one in particular, once the free Asset Issuance rolls out) that will use online Counterparty Block Explorers (currently only Blockscan) heavily. Is there any way to pay for increased use of your API? Could you add more functionality to your API?

Are you familiar with services like https://block.io/ and https://chain.com/? Have you thought about positioning yourself to serve the corresponding Counterparty Market? Particularly focusing on "Enterprise" solutions? Perhaps you could be a go to service that the impending Counterparty Foundation recommends?

How many nodes are you connected to at any one time? I.e. are you well protected from a sybil attack?

Regards,
E72521

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: