Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game!  (Read 35809 times)
Rocket Launcher

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:50:25 AM

Nice game, but still no way to earn btc for free Smiley
i think this op has been said . this game just for fun only not for real money .
just for gamerss it will be use real money . lol
kuroato (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:13:13 AM

Nice game, but still no way to earn btc for free Smiley
i think this op has been said . this game just for fun only not for real money .
just for gamerss it will be use real money . lol

Well there was potential for this game to be used as Bitcoin or even an Alt Coin Faucet to win coins, but development has been put on hold while I work on some other game projects that will allow me to monetize better for now. I may return and continue development on CoinRPG in the near future once I have a good way to build a system to award players with Cryptocoins for their accomplishments in the game.

I was seeking a CyrptoCurrency / Game Developer that knows C# Scripting, and Unity Engine, but I could not find such as person as of yet... 
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:40:18 PM

I just learned about a new coin called Neoscoin written PHP, my first thought was how this would make intergrating a cryptocoin into a game like CoinRPG so much easier! I'm still looking for someone who may want to work with me to intergrating a coin like Neoscoin into CoinRPG. Let me know if anyone is interested.
slickroad

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:25:46 PM

looks interesting, might have to check it out Smiley
bitsof8

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:19:10 AM

Incorporating a "earn bitcoin" feature, like a minecraft reloaded would be awesome.  Instead of mining for pointless entertainment, you mine for satoshi's.  Tie it into something like, while you are actively playing, your extra PC resources are doing something productive and that earns you satoshi's.

The something productive could be a commercial project of sorts, obviously mining bitcoins with the PC is pointless, or maybe with 10,000,000 PC's it would be the biggest bitcoin pool on the planet? 

Botnet?

That's a shit ton to code, but possible.  The game would have to kick ass to get that many people interested.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:09:27 AM

Wait, did they block the words CoinRPG? Really? Or is someone just trolling with the titles of their posts?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
LiteCoinUser84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:23:38 AM

Incorporating a "earn bitcoin" feature, like a minecraft reloaded would be awesome.  Instead of mining for pointless entertainment, you mine for satoshi's.  Tie it into something like, while you are actively playing, your extra PC resources are doing something productive and that earns you satoshi's.

The something productive could be a commercial project of sorts, obviously mining bitcoins with the PC is pointless, or maybe with 10,000,000 PC's it would be the biggest bitcoin pool on the planet? 

Botnet?

That's a shit ton to code, but possible.  The game would have to kick ass to get that many people interested.
There was a Bitcoin MC server that allowed you to do exactly the above, however, I'm not sure if it still exists...
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:26:18 AM

There are 2 MC servers which give BTC for playing but they don't utilize PC resources for earning the BTC. It's just a promotion to get you to play on their servers.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:18:10 PM

CoinRPG is for Sale again on Flippa, check it out here if interested:

https://flippa.com/3264123-bitcoin-multiplayer-social-game-and-website-with-alexa-rank-1-630-824
worldcup

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:59:39 AM

.com/]http://[Suspicious link removed].com/img/main.png

Play [Suspicious link removed] Beta Today! Only at .com]http://[Suspicious link removed].com

SignUp for Newsletter at .com]signup.[Suspicious link removed].com - Receive the Latest Updates about [Suspicious link removed]!

. . . Follow [Suspicious link removed] on Steam Greenlight | -a-bit[Suspicious link removed]]IndieDB | ]Facebook | ]Twitter

** [Suspicious link removed] on your Bitcoin Website: Increase Traffic and Profits! **

BitcoinTalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=561037.0

** We are Seeking Cryptocurrency Game Developer **

BitcoinTalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583662

About Game:

[Suspicious link removed] is a Bitcoin inspired Multiplayer Online Action RPG Game! Explore an open world, discover hidden treasures and hunt monsters for loot. Team up with friends to siege a castle, or face off against rival players in PvP combat; all while on your quest to become the best coin collector of the realm! [Suspicious link removed] players compete for ranks, bragging rights, and Bitcoins! All in one immersive online world where players engage with friends or rival players from around the world in real-time, fast-paced, RPG action!

Features:

Free To Play:
No purchase necessary to have fun.

Bitcoin Contests:
Unlike most Bitcoin Games, [Suspicious link removed] will never ask for Bitcoin Deposits. Play for free, and compete against
other players for a chance to Win Bitcoins during our Official [Suspicious link removed] Bitcoin Contests.  

Open World:
Explore a Realm of various terrains discovering Monsters, Loot, and up to 8 Players in a single game instance.

Anti-Player Killing:
New players are protected from Player Killing until Level 10 has been reached.

Monsters:
Hunt various types of monsters lurking around the world; some are much stronger than others but offer
greater rewards when defeated!

Castle Siege:
Gather a few friends and Siege a Castle guarded by mighty Orcs! Capturing a Castle offers the best rewards,
but be prepared to defend it against invading players.

PvP Combat:
Players can engage in Dynamic Player vs Player Combat! Winners are rewarded with a Coin loot drop!
(*no Coins are lost by the defeated player)

Loot:
Currently features several kinds of loot to collect in game. Healing Potions, Magic Potions, and Coins. Potions allow
the Player to Cast a mighty Magic Attack, Ability to Heal HP in Combat, while Coins are collected as experience points.

Level System:
Unlike most RPGs, there is no traditional level up, stats-based system. [Suspicious link removed] uses Coins collected as experience points.
As players collect Coins they (level up) move up in Ranking on a Leaderboard for bragging rights as the Top Player of the Game,
along with a chance to Win Bitcoins during our Weekly and Monthly Contests.

*Visit bitcoin.org to Learn More about Bitcoins

Skill Based:
[Suspicious link removed] is a Skill based Game! Players can execute various actions in real-time from Running, Basic and Special Attacks,
Magic Attack, and Healing. So higher levels don't really matter, but how well you execute your actions!

Hardware Accelerated Graphics:
Powered by Unity 3D, [Suspicious link removed] is suited for the best performance by utilizing gfx hardware.

SignUp for Newsletter at .com]signup.[Suspicious link removed].com - Receive the Latest Updates about [Suspicious link removed]!

. . . Follow [Suspicious link removed] on Steam Greenlight | -a-bit[Suspicious link removed]]IndieDB | ]Facebook | ]Twitter

how many coins do you have in total?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:14:12 AM

Quote from: worldcup
how many coins do you have in total?

I'm not sure I understand your question, what do mean how many coins do i have in total? If your asking how many bitcoins I have in general, why would you ask that? and what does it have to do with CoinRPG Game?
grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:41:42 AM

cool game!

cool game..
this game can play from android?
thanks.

regards.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:41:10 PM

https://flippa.com/3264123-bitcoin-multiplayer-social-game-and-website-with-alexa-rank-1-630-824

A note to any potential buyers - game creator is working on very similar game so you might run into numerous issues if you purchase CoinRPG, check http://heroesofrune.com

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:09:12 PM

A note to any potential buyers - game creator is working on very similar game so you might run into numerous issues if you purchase CoinRPG, check http://heroesofrune.com

What kind of issues would you run into? Heroes of Rune is not a similar title to CoinRPG at all, these are two totally separate game ideas, and different gameplay features. 

We did in fact use the same Code Base to build Heroes of Rune, but this has now been 5+ months maybe of additional coding work that has gone into Heroes of Rune to make it a totally different game.

Why don't you look at Bitcoin and all the other CryptoCoins that come after it? Were they all original coins coded from scratch? No they were based off Open Source Code. Some are more successful than others all based on the ideas of the developers to make something different and unique.

If you know anything about game development you would know how much it takes to build a multiplayer game, and do it well at that. CoinRPG is a great deal for all that it offers and I am not willing to sell for a low price because I know it's value and how much was put into it already. If someone see's the value then a buyer will come around. If not all good... doesn't matter to me. I'm not desperate to sell it nor am I trying to rip anyone off.

Lets take the 100's and 1000's of successful Game Titles that exist in the world today, most of them use a similar code base (maybe written from scratch, but still all the same functions and features you find across similar titles) to develop either a First Person Shooter, or MMORPG etc...  and still they are Successful because of the Marketing efforts, and or other factors.

One of my first games that I ever published used a code base that was already developed by someone else, and I simply has some new ideas of how to change things, make somethings better, spent time marketing etc... and I turned a $5K investment into a $100K Profit in the following year... So anything is possible, it's about the individual and your ability to take something and turn into something else for greater profit.

As I mention to you I gave up on CoinRPG because I lost interest, and simply moved on to a new project Heroes of Rune... that's like someone who developed a CyrptoCoin and moved on to another CryptoCoin what's the difference? Nothing shady happening here.
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:11:54 PM

What kind of issues would you run into? Heroes of Rune is not a similar title to CoinRPG at all, these are two totally separate game ideas, and different gameplay features. 

We did in fact use the same Code Base to build Heroes of Rune, but this has now been 5+ months maybe of additional coding work that has gone into Heroes of Rune to make it a totally different game.

Why don't you look at Bitcoin and all the other CryptoCoins that come after it? Were they all original coins coded from scratch? No they were based off Open Source Code. Some are more successful than others all based on the ideas of the developers to make something different and unique.

If you know anything about game development you would know how much it takes to build a multiplayer game, and do it well at that. CoinRPG is a great deal for all that it offers and I am not willing to sell for a low price because I know it's value and how much was put into it already. If someone see's the value then a buyer will come around. If not all good... doesn't matter to me. I'm not desperate to sell it nor am I trying to rip anyone off.

Lets take the 100's and 1000's of successful Game Titles that exist in the world today, most of them use a similar code base (maybe written from scratch, but still all the same functions and features you find across similar titles) to develop either a First Person Shooter, or MMORPG etc...  and still they are Successful because of the Marketing efforts, and or other factors.

One of my first games that I ever published used a code base that was already developed by someone else, and I simply has some new ideas of how to change things, make somethings better, spent time marketing etc... and I turned a $5K investment into a $100K Profit in the following year... So anything is possible, it's about the individual and your ability to take something and turn into something else for greater profit.

As I mention to you I gave up on CoinRPG because I lost interest, and simply moved on to a new project Heroes of Rune... that's like someone who developed a CyrptoCoin and moved on to another CryptoCoin what's the difference? Nothing shady happening here.

I personally love the game and think it definitely has value.

My concern is that if we buy the CoinRPG game, it won't be able to hold a candle to the new game that features 6+ months of additional coding on top of it.

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:38:56 PM

@Dogedigital  you are buying source code that would otherwise cost you 10K or more to complete if you hired a developer... i've mentiond before that it's a huge savings... if your not in the game development industry it's going to be hard for you to see the value of this source code. It's very hard to make a simple game work, a multiplayer game is 10x harder... I can't explain the value of this source code any further than that. Most of the hard work has been completed, if you purchased it and hired another skilled developer to review the code and add on a few more features you'll realize how much of a good deal it is because at this point it's a matter of just adding more features, all the Framework Design, Networking, base code is done already... that's one of the hardest parts to have a good foundation to build more features on top of it.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:27:56 PM

It really is a shame you are not continuing this Sad

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:30:08 PM

whats the lowest price would you take for it?

To peel or not to peel.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

But is it really a good value if you're the only one who thinks so?  I'm not saying you're trying to rip anyone off but you may be fooling yourself about what this is worth.

Note that I suppose the "problems" that the person was talking about have to do with the idea that your buyer for this game would be in competition with you on your later project which is apparantly, admittedly by you, based on the same codebase but with 6 months more work put into it.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:53:11 AM

It is strange like someone buying a half finished project?

To peel or not to peel.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: